One of my Jool missions kraken'd! AGAIN!

I don't play without KAC anymore, so I thought I would post it here. Maybe it's the one that broke it.

One of my missions met kraken half the way to Jool. It's just gone. Nowhere to be found on the map view. It's not the first one, though. I already had it happened (Jool encounter transfer, but different vessel), but somehow recovered it (probably through spam-loading game saves, but don't remember now). Seems it's not possible this time.

So now I need a way to salvage it without loading previous saves or relaunching the vessel (not much money left in my career save). Perhaps there's a way to do that through text file editing?

Mods I'm using: KER, KAC, KIS, KAS, Trajectories.

Edited by Veeltch

I FIXED IT!

Copied the vessel from previous game save state and pasted in the new one (via text file editing of the saves). Had to set up a new manouver node, but it's all fine. The Jool SOI encounter is there and the other missions are fine too. First time I had to do something like this and I succeded.

Specifically what happened to it? There's all kinds of kraken. Did your ship explode from everything heating up instantly? Did it just *blip* disappear without any message that your ship got destroyed? Did a black hole suddenly eat the ship? I don't mean to be rude, I'm just trying to say that you need more detail here.

Specifically what happened to it? There's all kinds of kraken. Did your ship explode from everything heating up instantly? Did it just *blip* disappear without any message that your ship got destroyed? Did a black hole suddenly eat the ship? I don't mean to be rude, I'm just trying to say that you need more detail here.

Everything went black and stopped showing the altitude. Also KSC was full of stars. But as I said I fixed it, so let's leave this thread for the people who encountered the same bug and don't know what to do.

OK, so it seems I found another workaround for this kind of Kraken. If the same happens to you do this:

Let's say you have two spacecraft: X (which is orbiting in interplanetary space but much closer to the Sun) and Y (which is on it's way to Jool).

1. Choose the vessel X from the Tracking Station (when loading it the camera will slide right onto the craft. Not sure what's the deal with that. Probably coming back from scaring off krakens and other space whales)

2. Open the map view

3. Switch to vessel Y

Viola! That way your Jool mission won't get eaten by NaN.

Seems like the game has some sort of problem with interplanetary vessel positioning, or whatever, after your save loads for the first time in the session.

Edited by Veeltch

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.