Come hear about KSP 1.1, straight from Squad!

Streetwind

It makes perfect sense. One of the first things a creative type must learn is to kill your darlings. Sometimes you have to hit delete on that thing you love for the betterment of the whole. That being said, does it make sense for a post 1.0 game? I don't think so.

I didn't say anything about whether it made sense. I just said there is no reason they can't have them both. I don't like the old-new Mk 1, nor did I like the old-old Mk 1, I like the new one except for the door. All I'm saying is if enough of the community wants to keep it, Squad will do it. We proved that already, you just have to show them you want to keep it.

All I'm saying is if enough of the community wants to keep it, Squad will do it. We proved that already, you just have to show them you want to keep it.

Let's not do it this time though. No point in keeping that abomination of a part. I bet if it stays in-game there will be many threads like "What's the deal with this? The cockpits are all nice and smooth and there's THAT thing. The hell?" posted by newcomers.

2.5m jet engine...? Why tho? I need a real life example.

The Boeing 777 GE90 engine is about *3.4* meters wide according to the GE website...

Also if you make a very large plane in KSP you run into some problems when you realize how tiny and pathetic the basic jets are:

ux4sIrZ.png

Oh, geez. New jet is fine, but why is it a small one? We need BIG jets and BIG SABREs so that we don't need to stack 20 engines on an SSTO....

Also we need BIG SRBs that can work for heavy lift launch vehicles.

Small jet would be a lifesaver for:

UAV's

Stupidly fast rovers

Boats

Little VTOLs

Small planes

Replicas of small planes

Personally this is one of the best things I think 1.1 could possibly have

The door is also not big enough for a helmet to fit through, I think. One of the things I love about Ven's reworked parts is that the hatches are sized up.

The only thing I can think of with a door even vaguely like that was the X-1, and that was still way larger and more sanely placed. Personally I think they should take off that door and enlarge the top window panel, to make it something nearer to a real 1-person cockpit.

Small jet would be a lifesaver for:

UAV's

Stupidly fast rovers

Boats

Little VTOLs

Small planes

Replicas of small planes

Personally this is one of the best things I think 1.1 could possibly have

So, it's another part for Kerbin-exclusive activities? It's a space program, you know.

I don't know exact measurements, but I think most large passenger jets have engines at least as big as that.

Him Big.

http://theaviationist.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/747SP-SOFIA.jpg

The Boeing 777 GE90 engine is about *3.4* meters wide according to the GE website...

Also if you make a very large plane in KSP you run into some problems when you realize how tiny and pathetic the basic jets are:

http://i.imgur.com/ux4sIrZ.png

Well, we have this... (B737 and B777)

http://i.imgur.com/8DoKcJd.jpg

And you need to them for what exactly? Because there aren't many airports on Kerbin you could transport your passangers to.

Looks big and powerful enough for the job

So, it's another part for Kerbin-exclusive activities? It's a space program, you know.

NASA's a space program, and they use planes almost continuously. Transporting personnel and rocket bits, U2's and others for atmospheric research, chase planes, trainers.

Why are people assuming the Jets we have will remain the same. With these smaller jets they might scale up performance on the Basic and TurboJets. A lot of people have been complaining that the Rapier has become the only way to space.

Why are people assuming the Jets we have will remain the same. With these smaller jets they might scale up performance on the Basic and TurboJets. A lot of people have been complaining that the Rapier has become the only way to space.

Anyone else hoping the basic jet becomes at least a bit more powerful than the hairdryer it is now? It's now next to useless for VTOL's and all but the slowest, lowest planes.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.