ksp for xbox and ps4 hate

carneyvich

personally im glad the ksp is coming to xbox one and ps4 rather than just ps4 or just pc. at first i was kinda mad that they where only making ksp for ps4 and not both ps4 and xbox one but i assumed that was because of the fact the ps4 could probably handle ksp better then the xbox one could, but sense ksp is coming to xbox one there is alot of hate in the ksp community about it for some reason i guess its maybe because most of ksps fans are ps4 fans but i dont really know and it seems that there are alot more dislikes and mean comments in the youtube announcement video about it...i guess thought the ksp community was better then this :(

People are oddly passionate about console choice, which is something that as a PC person, I can only shake my head at. To me, they're just shades of the same color, in a phrase.

Personally, I think having KSP on as many different consoles as possible is a great idea. More people get to experience this great game that way, and I can't see anything wrong with that.

I think it is safe to assume that most KSP players don't care about both xbox or ps4.

Pretty much, that's what the pony said. There's no hate, just 'meh' about some overhyped 'exciting' news. As long as this console stuff don't hurt development of PC version, I don't care.

I don't hate it. I just don't care because I don't own and never will own either. I mean, I have a PC why would I need a console to do the same thing? If they brought it to Wii U I might consider it just for the touch screen building, at least that console is unique enough not to be another PC.

I think it is safe to assume that most KSP players don't care about both xbox or ps4.

look at the ksps official xbox announcement video on the ksp channel, not xboxs most of ksps fans will be on kerbal space programs

look in the comments and the like bar

Xbone makes sense since it is our will soon be running Win10 so I imagine it takes very little to port it over.

It probably explains why they have decided to upgrade to Unity 5 since the consoles are so underpowered and dependent on threaded applications.

It's possible the consoles requirements are resulting in a better KSP for the PC.

i assumed that was because of the fact the ps4 could probably handle ksp better then the xbox one could

Actually that's incorrect. While the PS4 has a slightly better GPU, the XBone has a faster CPU, which is really what matters for KSP since it's not that graphics heavy.

look in the comments and the like bar

My friend, if you are using YouTube comments for...well, anything then you are in for a hard time.

It seems to me that there are a handful of people who seem to be really upset by the console announcements (and are saying so a lot), but most players seem to be apathetic about it. After all, we all already play KSP, and it going to consoles adds very little for us.

What makes it interesting is it makes KSP accessible to thousands of more potential players, and also shows commitment on Squad's part to the Kerbal universe. Plus, as long as people are still buying KSP I expect development will continue; I dread the day when sales taper off enough that it is no longer economically viable to continue that development. So expanding to other markets is a good thing, even if we (as existing KSP players) are not part of that market.

My friend, if you are using YouTube comments for...well, anything then you are in for a hard time.

It seems to me that there are a handful of people who seem to be really upset by the console announcements (and are saying so a lot), but most players seem to be apathetic about it. After all, we all already play KSP, and it going to consoles adds very little for us.

What makes it interesting is it makes KSP accessible to thousands of more potential players, and also shows commitment on Squad's part to the Kerbal universe. Plus, as long as people are still buying KSP I expect development will continue; I dread the day when sales taper off enough that it is no longer economically viable to continue that development. So expanding to other markets is a good thing, even if we (as existing KSP players) are not part of that market.

yes true people in youtube comments are ten times more hostile and...well unintelligent, and i agree

Edited by carneyvich

It's possible the consoles requirements are resulting in a better KSP for the PC.

Its also possible that KSP will be limited in its future development by the weak hardware, only 8GB Ram (combined for processor/graphics!) and 1,75 Ghz AMD Jaguar Cores arent exactly futureproof...

X box and ps will always be at war with each other.

It's not really a typical fanboy war like DC versus Marvel (DC>Marvel :P). They just try to justify the purchase and assure themselves that they bought the right console.

Its also possible that KSP will be limited in its future development by the weak hardware, only 8GB Ram (combined for processor/graphics!) and 1,75 Ghz AMD Jaguar Cores arent exactly futureproof...

Naw.. harverster already said in a blog post that the Ports (and the consoles respective hardware) will not hold back future patches /innovations on the PC version,, (ill try to find a link for that blog post) This is similar to how minecraft is up to somewhere like version 1.8 , but the Xbox version is still several patchs behind.

I dont get the hate really I mean its foundations..

"Exclusive" titles were a pretty bad way to forcibly make people who wanted to play certain games loyal to that platform.... Ive oftern thought about the good old days when most games were on every platform back in the 80s.. these were games that became well known and stood the test of time. Elite, Defender.. etc

The majority of "haters" for each platform for the most part I think lies with the age of the commenter, due to being young having the inability to buy there own systems .. eg.. stuck with whatever system their parents brought.. while more mature age games alot of the times have both or quite a nice selection..

Theres no threat to KSP with porting over to consoles, especially in this generation of hardware.. as the consoles are just PCs in their own way only simplified in terms of hardware.. so thus.. easier to code for.. the flagship version will keep being PC..

im a former windows user that out of need started using linux.. KSP runs wonderfully on that.. and my rig is way under specifications (2gb ram and no loading crashes while having mods installed..unlike windows) im quite happy I didnt have to deal with windows 7 etc .. choice is good.. im sure the linux version got the same hate from windows users screaming murder that it'll harm their version too..

windows is still quite buggy but .. the change to unity 5 benefits windows and console.. the later being a nice reason to persue change that benefits all

Multiple platforms is a good thing.. it gives people choice.. helps broaden the appeal.. and most of all.. exposure of the game to a wider audience..

great stuff for squad. great for us.. no reason for hate

im happy they're branching out

there will always be wars over different ideas.. some dont need to be though

I like it on my PC, and I'll get it and hopefully like it on my PS4 too. for those with the Xbox1, enjoy.

Still apprehensive about these "flying tiger" guys, but whatever. I wont buy until I've seen someone else play it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.