21/08/2015 Spacecraft Fridays. The Rune edition!

Rune

kn81KUd.jpg

Once again, it's here! Presenting a completely arbitrary collection of craft threads posted during the last week, in an equally arbitrary order, this time brought to you by yours truly. First off, let's leave things clear so there are no misunderstandings here:

Who are you to decide this, I hear you asking, and here's the answer: No one. I was not elected, I just decided to do it. If you're unhappy with my decision, we can work something out. This is just my opinion, since there's no objective way to judge "Quality" of crafts.

If anyone feels that their craft is missed because of any kind of time-zone difference, or any kind of difference in when spacecraft fridays is put up, tell me.

If your craft is really good and was made before, and someone posts in it within that week, then it will be considered. Just to clarify, I am not encouraging necros for the sake of bumping your craft.

And with that out of the way, here's what caught my eye this week. Mind you, there was more (I bookmarked about 25 threads because I thought they deserved to be shown), but what can I say? There is too much awesomeness in this forum to show it all in one place. Good job, everyone! :)

...Drumroll...

Ghost's Tank Replica Depot

zpRrerlh.jpg

This game is supposed to be about rockets, and we do indeed make some beautiful rockets. But if there's one thing thing that has happened this week, then it was for sure the tank/car explosion we all witnessed.

Ghostbuzzer7 started the week, and since then he hasn't slowed one bit, bringing out a ton of new steel, and improving with every one of them. He even has some sick renders there, check the thread out!

Spaceship one & White knight

683BM7Hh.pngc

What can I say? Our favourite Mad Rocket Scientist outdid himself here, making one of the most detailed Spaceship One replicas that I have ever seen.

Look at the nifty tricks he did with fairings! Even if you don't believe it, that thing is stock.

K-Class Submarine

NxKVf6Yh.jpg

It might have been a slow week in the rocket department, but replicas are all the rage these days. And not even of things that fly! That said, this sub looks gorgeous.

Flying Beaver bends the stock parts to his will, in a way that won't ever let you look at them the same way.

Dassault Rafale

25L1bJzh.png

And while we are on the subject of replicas, let's get one thing out of the way: I may not have the computer to run one of this pieces of art in anything resembling a pleasant gameplay experience,

but hats off to the guys that battle RAM shortages to bring us such nice screenies.

Lanfish2 was actually competing with himself for this spot, so yeah, take off another hat if you have it, he deserves the gesture.

Collection of Unconventional SSTOs

oFWCZhuh.jpg

Enough replicas! (For the moment). You guys know that I'm a sucker for SSTOs, and these here are particularly original examples of them, all of them.

I predict if Derpiderp keeps on posting, he will end up being one of the guys I "inspire" ideas from. Incredible first splash on the forums dude!

SHA-mkH

Eorin is one of those guys that not only knows his aerodynamics, but also has a superb aesthetic taste. I don't need to try his stuff to know that it will fly like a dream... but you should!

This little thing seems perfect for a relaxing flight over KSC between deep-space missions.

Shuttlecock Skycrane

zz3.jpg

I didn't know Rufledt before this week, but apparently he has a youtube channel and everything. And quite an eye for spaceships, too.

His Shuttlecock is a pretty nifty design to explore the purple planet, simple yet effective to not break the bank on career mode.

Perpetual Motion

y15Lmr0.png

And if the last one was simple, this one is anything but. A triumph of engineering over common sense! Glome managed to make a Single Stage To Anywhere...

And not happy with that, he added a rocket vertical landing system "because lading it on its tail was too difficult". Yeah, like balancing that on those engines was easy for you!

Amazing job for a first post! My engineers are a bit envious, I'm telling you... ;)

B-29 Superfortress

JXqASJ5.gif

Columbia linked it the last Spacecraft Friday thread because he thought I didn't already have bookmarked his B-29 replica for consideration...

I was close to take out virtual points from him for that, but then he made this awesome gif of blowing up the SPH with a Little Boy replica, and forced my hand.

Take your rightful place then! :P

KSP Mega Truck

wXjW5mxh.jpg

This thing is a beast. And it has huge wheels built by hand! Check the video on the thread, it is curious blend of aesthetics and hard engineering.

And, of course, it certainly has everything it needed to earn my attention, including a look that reminds me of one of my favorite videogame franchises. Well done, Jon144!

Claymore Asteroid Wrangler

screenshot31.jpg

And last but not least, this baby is meant to pick up rocks. But not just any rocks, BIG rocks. And with ease!

We may have some differences of opinion (i.e. I'm a masochist), but no one can deny that Sharpy has made off-world refuelling much, much easier releasing this. Kudos to him!

...And sadly, that's it. I had more, and I truly am sorry for all the awesome things I don't have room to put here. But ten is already a big wall of pictures, and I've been at this for a couple of hours, dying of indecision. I guess this will have to do! :( Now, who is up to carry on the torch next week?

Rune. And a slow clap for the featured, good job!

Edited by Rune
SO. MANY. TYPOS. I have hands of rubber!

Oh yes! I got featured :) Thanks Rune oh and you misspelled ghost but I love the description :D

Ooops. And in the first one too! :blush: Anyhow, you earned it (the feature, not the misspelling) for the life in your thread and those renders, if nothing else. :)

Rune. In my defense, it's quite the wall of BBcode. A shame I couldn't get a nice table to fit properly...

Noooo!!! I'm late!!! The Boxkite is still being worked on!

Oh well, there's always next week.

There is always that! I'm sure you'll make it. :)

his is just my opinion, since there's no subjective way to judge "Quality" of crafts.

I think it's entirely subjective ;)

Nice work, you have carried on the tradition well.

Yeah, I noticed how that probably shouldn't be written like that. But since it was in the official disclaimer, I'm sticking to it. It's a subjectively objective way of being subjective. Or something.

Nooooooooooooooo...... No B-17? Ah well. Maybe next time.

It was on my short list, I can tell you that. I think you and Columbia should like, make a bomber duel. I had a hard time deciding!

Rune. In the end I went mostly with a "any decision is better than no decision at all". Seriously, it was a hard choice!

Edited by Rune

his is just my opinion, since there's no subjective way to judge "Quality" of crafts.

I think it's entirely subjective ;)

Nice work, you have carried on the tradition well.

Oops, wrong word. Maybe I was thinking of non-subjective? Will change. Also, "collection" is misspelled. Sorry! Nice, with 10 craft, you have surpassed all other spacecraft Fridays!

Thanks for the feature, Rune! :D In all honesty, I thought that it wasn't good enough for Spacecraft Fridays seeing some other ships that were uploaded that same week. I feel really starstruck!

Have you looked at your gif? Seriously, it looks like the real thing, tons of fun to fly in bombing runs, and something you can actually try out without frying out your computer. It's gorgeous so shut up and smile! :)

So, who's doing it next? I sure can't.

I could, but I won't becasue the best thing about this is how we have changed judges every week. Pretty hard to accuse anybody of favoritism if the manager changes often!

So even tough Mad Rocket Scientist offered to take it back... any other volunteers? I can offer you a BBcode template so the only thing you have to do is fill the blanks, and that way we will maintain some short of visual continuity.

Rune. It's fun, I promise! It mainly consists of perusing the spacecraft exchange obsessively. :P

I would be happy to do it if anyone wants me to.

[...]

I could, but I won't becasue the best thing about this is how we have changed judges every week. Pretty hard to accuse anybody of favoritism if the manager changes often!

So even tough Mad Rocket Scientist offered to take it back... any other volunteers? I can offer you a BBcode template so the only thing you have to do is fill the blanks, and that way we will maintain some short of visual continuity.

[...]

Wow, you used a table? I just center aligned, and hit enter a bunch.

Modded crafts are fine, I did my best to include them.

Also I think DuoDex was interestedin doing it next.

Mods are completely okay, I try to include them.

DuoDex would be great, if he would like to do it.

I have changed the standard disclaimer on the original SF page, take a look at that for the next one.

I would be happy to do it if anyone wants me to.

Wow, you used a table? I just center aligned, and hit enter a bunch.

Mods are completely okay, I try to include them.

DuoDex would be great, if he would like to do it.

I have changed the standard disclaimer on the original SF page, take a look at that for the next one.

Wow, no modded craft made it in, right. I totally wasn't going for that, I swear! I guess you have my unconscious bias right there. And no, no table even tough I toyed with the idea. The pics didn't fit nicely. But I took the effort of resizing the big imgur ones so it was less of a wall, and hand-formatted it so the text looked a bit better.

Anyhow, great if DuoDex carries the torch next week, maybe you contact him? As the originator of the idea, I guess you kind of have the job of keeping an eye on it now, right? ;) Anyhow, it was great doing it, I had a lot of fun!

I love all of these. :)

That's exactly what I was going for, so thanks! :)

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks rune for posting one of my craft! And thx for the beautifull words too, these means a lot to me :)

You are very welcome! :)

Rune. At least I am un-biased enough to recognize my own bias, right?

Wow, no modded craft made it in, right. I totally wasn't going for that, I swear! I guess you have my unconscious bias right there. And no, no table even tough I toyed with the idea. The pics didn't fit nicely. But I took the effort of resizing the big imgur ones so it was less of a wall, and hand-formatted it so the text looked a bit better.

Anyhow, great if DuoDex carries the torch next week, maybe you contact him? As the originator of the idea, I guess you kind of have the job of keeping an eye on it now, right? ;) Anyhow, it was great doing it, I had a lot of fun!

[...]

That resizing really makes a difference.

I will see if DuoDex shows up soon, but I don't want to make him feel forced. I may contact him, though.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.