[1.0.4] ShipEffects Sound Mod: Dynamic Sound Effects (Maintenance) - v1.0.3 [10/12/2015]

CoriW

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/17/2016 at 2:39 PM, Han_Hecking_Solo said:

Is the mod hosted anywhere else? KerbalStuff ain't working. If somebody reuploads to curse, update the name to include 1.0.5 because the 1.0.4 version does work.

The KerbalStuff site has a link to a torrent with all mods, you could get that and just download the folder Storage\CoriW13988\ShipEffects-Sound-Mod_Dynamic_Sound_Effects_Maintenance

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Though I'm not currently active on here at the moment, I was just browsing around and noticed that the download had broken, I've just replaced it with a dropbox link to the most recent version of the mod for now. (Download)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Considering that @CoriW has all but disappeared from the modding scene (he occasionally checks abandoned mod threads, we need a new developer. IIRC, @pizzaoverhead is the developer of several audio-editing mods, perhaps he could take a peek, update it for us... :kiss:

Edited by Andem
Derp :P

• 1 month later...

Great news folks!  I updated this mod to work with KSP 1.1.3, as well as the latest 1.2 pre-release.

ShipEffects-Sound-Mod-1.0.5.zip (for KSP 1.1.3 and earlier)

ShipEffects-Sound-Mod-1.0.6-for-KSP-1.2.zip (for KSP 1.2 pre-release, and maybe later)

I've also submitted a request to include these in CKAN.

I'm not interested in taking over maintainership, but am glad to have been able to jump in and breathe some new life into this wonderfully immersion-enhancing little gem. Give it a whirl and let me know how it goes!  In particular, if anyone can test the first link on earlier versions of KSP (especially 1.0.4) and report back, that would be great, since it would help me refine the low-end compatibility threshold in my CKAN metadata.

Spoiler

Technical Details (for those interested)

The source code was refreshingly concise (just one file) and only one minor change was needed.  The line:

group.audio.panLevel = 1f;

was changed to:

group.audio.spatialBlend = 1f;

Thanks @Athlonic for your post that gave me a lead on this.

For 1.0.5 it was compiled against the KSP 1.1.3 DLL's, using .NET 3.5 framework and targetting AnyCpu (x86 / x64).
For 1.0.6 it was compiled against the KSP 1.2 build 1479 prerelease, using the same code and options as above.
Note since KSPUtil.dll was removed and consolidated into Assembly-CSharp.dll in the KSP 1.2 API, it would unfortunately be difficult to target a single release of this mod to both versions of the game.

Finally, I also set the version number property on each DLL accordingly (wish more modders would do that so their DLL's don't all get stamped with a 1.0.0.0 version number).

@CoriW I'd be grateful if you could update the links on the first page of this thread to point to the new versions.

Edited by Fwiffo
Corrections regarding KSP 1.2

4 hours ago, Fwiffo said:

Great news folks!  I updated this mod to work with KSP 1.1.3, as well as the latest 1.2 pre-release.

Thank you for taking a set of jump leads to this mod! I've missed it. :cool:

On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 4:37 AM, Fwiffo said:

ShipEffects-Sound-Mod-1.0.6-for-KSP-1.2.zip (for KSP 1.2 pre-release, and maybe later)

I'm not interested in taking over maintainership, but am glad to have been able to jump in and breathe some new life into this wonderfully immersion-enhancing little gem. Give it a whirl and let me know how it goes!  In particular, if anyone can test the first link on earlier versions of KSP (especially 1.0.4) and report back, that would be great, since it would help me refine the low-end compatibility threshold in my CKAN metadata.

Reveal hidden contents

The source code was refreshingly concise (just one file) and only one minor change was needed.  The line:

was changed to:

For 1.0.5 it was compiled against the KSP 1.1.3 DLL's, using .NET 3.5 framework and targetting AnyCpu (x86 / x64).
For 1.0.6 it was compiled against the KSP 1.2 build 1479 prerelease, using the same code and options as above.
Note since KSPUtil.dll was removed and consolidated into Assembly-CSharp.dll in the KSP 1.2 API, it would unfortunately be difficult to target a single release of this mod to both versions of the game.

Finally, I also set the version number property on each DLL accordingly (wish more modders would do that so their DLL's don't all get stamped with a 1.0.0.0 version number).

@CoriW I'd be grateful if you could update the links on the first page of this thread to point to the new versions.

Thank you very much.

On 15/09/2016 at 9:37 AM, Fwiffo said:

I'm not interested in taking over maintainership, but am glad to have been able to jump in and breathe some new life into this wonderfully immersion-enhancing little gem

Hi I'll take a look at the code and how it all works (barely a coding noob) and have a word with my plugin partner in crime, and see if he likes it. I like the idea of my ship mods  (of the marine variety) having a bit more going on, at present they're way too quiet, and as anyone who's ever spent time at sea knows, ships are never quiet even when shut down. Sounds pretty viable to me.

On 15.9.2016 at 10:37 AM, Fwiffo said:

Reveal hidden contents

was changed to:

Thanks! Only tried this mod a while ago, but i remember it being super fun!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks @pip12345, much appreciated.  BTW quick note, best practice to set the assembly version and file version properties before compiling.  Your build came out with the DLL metadata saying "1.0.0.0".

Here is the full mod package for KSP 1.2:

ShipEffects-Sound-Mod-1.0.7-for-KSP-1.2.zip

Still waiting for NetKAN to execute my request to include it in CKAN.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.