[1.2.1] Kustom Kerbals - So close to new UI

So, with the support from the original developer, I took over this mod, and added quite a bit of functionality.  Make a smart, courageous Kerbal, or a dumb coward. Either way, these Kerbals are 100% custom. :wink: 

Spoiler

jashXif.png

RGUjECH.png

How to use:

Hit Alt + K while in the space center to open the window, fill out the information, and click Kreate Kustom Kerbal.

Video:

Change Logs:

Spoiler

- Performance enhancements
- Updated to 1.2
- Bug fixes
- Added veteran toggle

Improved performance by replacing foreach loops

1.0.3:

- Updated to 1.1.1
- Known bugs

1.0.2:

- Added the ability to edit Kerbals
- Locks child windows to main window, able to float windows
- Probably something I've forgotten

1.0.1:

- Added the Kraken feeding screen which allows you to get rid of Kerbals without killing them
- It now checks to make sure you don't create another Kerbal with the same name (Overridable)
- Slight bug fixes with the UI

1.0:

- Add stock toolbar support
- Add the ability to change Kerbal jobs
- Bug fixes

[removed]

One note on CKAN:

CKAN is now fully supported again, and I'd like to thank all of the CKAN people, especially @politas for helping me out.  Thank you all!

This mod uses Mini Add-On Version Checker by Cybutek

License - MIT:

Spoiler

Original Copyright © 2014, Blake Meyler.

Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files

(the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish,

distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so,

subject to the following conditions:

The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.

THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY,

FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM,

DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.

Edited by Guest
Update

Damm, this is awesome! to the GameData it goes! :)

I'm glad you like it. I do have to give Jetwave credit, as he is the original creator. I am working on the ability to change their field of interest, but that is still in development.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I made this account to tell you how happy I am that this addon is still in development!

I use this to give my specialized kerbals their "rank" and proffesion in their names. Can't wait untill I can choose the role of my kerbals!

Thank you!

On March 16, 2016 at 4:11 AM, Vitaspy said:

I made this account to tell you how happy I am that this addon is still in development!

I'm very glad that you like it!

I use this to give my specialized kerbals their "rank" and proffesion in their names. Can't wait untill I can choose the role of my kerbals!

I can't either.  It's unfortunately a tough one due to how it's decided.  It's linked to the name for some reason, so we're going to have to wait until Squad decides to change that.  I've put up suggestions, though, and there's a lot of people backing it, so it might happen some time soon.  I can't promise though.  I'll do my best to try to come up with a work around until then.  :)

Thank you!

You're very welcome.  I'm actually going to be doing some house keeping on it soon, so you may see an update in the future.

1 minute ago, Hellbrand said:

perhaps a way to change the job as well? :o

That's what the role is, therefore same reason.  Again, I wish @SQUAD would change how they're classified...

Major update - 0.9.9.2:

Get it here [removed]

• Completely rewritten
  • GUISkin converted to KSP default
  • Fix a few minor bugs
Edited by Guest

Yet another major update - 1.0:

Get it here: [removed]

Changes:

• Added the ability to change the Kerbal's job (Trait)
  • Added stock toolbar support
  • More bug fixes
On 3/16/2016 at 4:11 AM, Vitaspy said:

Can't wait untill I can choose the role of my kerbals!

Wait no longer!

EDIT:

I actually found how to change the job from a bit of code from KerbalRenamer by @regex - Thanks!

Edited by Guest

Update 1.0.1:

Changes:

• Added the Kraken feeding screen which allows you to get rid of Kerbals without killing them
  • It now checks to make sure you don't create another Kerbal with the same name (Overridable)
  • Slight bug fixes with the UI

Get it here

Update 1.0.2:

Changes:

• Added the ability to edit Kerbals
  • Locks child windows to main window, able to float windows
  • Probably something I've forgotten

Get it [removed]

Edited by Guest

That is some amazing work you have done recently, I am truly impressed :)

If I may request another feature, maybe the ability to create a custom name for the proffesion as well. Think of it like this; I selecr the role pilot for my guy Bennie Kerman, but I choose to call the job "Lander pilot". It would be a nifty feature for the roleplaying that sometimes emerges.

Once again, thank you!

21 minutes ago, Vitaspy said:

That is some amazing work you have done recently, I am truly impressed :)

Thanks!

If I may request another feature, maybe the ability to create a custom name for the proffesion as well. Think of it like this; I selecr the role pilot for my guy Bennie Kerman, but I choose to call the job "Lander pilot". It would be a nifty feature for the roleplaying that sometimes emerges.

I know that I can do that, but I'm not quite sure how the game would react.  I'm thinking that said Kerbal would be unable to preform the duties of any of the jobs.  I knot that there's a hack to let them have multiple jobs, so I'll look into it.  I'm going to have a look at the ModuleManager code to see how that's done.

Once again, thank you!

No problem.  I've actually been enjoying working on this again!

9 hours ago, Endrail said:

I used the mod to create a character from StarCraft II, and Luke Skywalker, uh, Skykerbin, from StarWars.

Awesome!  I must admit that, I too, have found it useful.  Also, welcome to the forums! :)

1 hour ago, the_pazter said:

this will help with choosing witch kerbals go to my ISS replica next

Cool!

I'm probably going to add the ability to make tourists, in the next update.  It should be relatively1 easy...

1Probably not.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.