NEW SURVEY [WIP] Carcharoth Aeronautics-BDArmory expansion and more-V0.08

Carcharoth

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The only limit to turret pitch and rotation is that set by the mod maker  , though as a rule of thumb and for appearances sake i never allow the parts to clip into each other, as you may get with excess pitch .It looks like with those MG's it's fairly obvious how far you can go.

As for the over detailing it's your call, as far as I'm concerned you could have achieved that whole beautiful barrel effect with a simple cylinder and a texture match using an alpha cutoff shader. I'm not saying you are at all wrong with what you've done, it just seems a hell of a lot of work when in reality it will never under any circumstances be visible, don't forget these things aren't rocket sized.

Mk108 detail is perfect as it is, to my taste. Any more would be for your obsessive attention to detail rather than an added bit of eye candy for the masses.

After all that I have to say it's all very pretty  the bombs are great  and i think the masses will love them all come the winter time (traditionally the busy time for weapon mods)

Any other questions just drop me a line

On 30/08/2016 at 8:17 PM, Carcharoth said:

MG 17, MG 131, Disney Bomb, Mk 108 and a "secret"... and a couple of questions :wink:

14 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

The...

Thanks.

The turret can pitch to +85º and -2º without clipping. With some help and luck in my research I found the max pitch of the FDSL 131 turret was +60º or +45º, but the key point was the yaw. Can that "defensive" turret traverse 360º and fire forward? of course not the data I have now suggest it can traverse a max arc between 170º and 85º. I will continue my research to find the real numbers

About the holes in barrels... THANKS for the suggestion I am a 99% noob (I impress myself if something I do looks nice).

If you are a monkey with a spanner, I am a gorilla with a hammer (holding the hammer by the head, not the handle) XD.

Getting close to next release

Rheinmetall Maschinegewehr Mg 17 3D MODEL

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Nice , don't know about the Mk214 green though.  How did you opt to do the muzzle brake part in the end?    I think that mg131 is very smart and wouldnt look out of place on any craft

Thanks.

I put the cannon in green too because in some photos of the BK 5 and Mk 214 variants the cannon looks green, but is hard to find info.

Do you say the holes? Just the tool "Knife projection" and "bridge edge loops" in blender :wink:

Yes I let the Mg 131 fairing in plain Ambient Occlusion texture, but should be easy to customize the texture if needed.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 08/01/2017 at 8:01 PM, Carcharoth said:

Little preview :wink:

Does a chute work on an uncontrolled vessel such as a bomb? Even if you switch tho the bomb in flight you are just a passenger along for the ride, you cannot interact. That said upcoming features for modular missiles will allow a version of your project to be realised, one of the features of the enhancement is to allow missiles to be multi stage, so able to deploy a chute , and a bomb as far as the code is concerned is a gravity powered missile.          

Also there may be an issue with BDAc's target method for bombs, in that a chute would create a lot more drag than the code and cfg allows for, just pondering ways you may be able to get around it with some crafty cfg magic

16 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Does a chute work on an uncontrolled vessel such as a bomb?

I will use the "Mk82 SnakEye" basic code to have a "working drag thing", It isn't going to be a real chute, but it should work. Thanks for your concern :wink:

9 hours ago, Kombat engineer said:

I agree. P.S @Carcharoth Can you add the Athena cannon/and the v4 (with tweakabale single/cluster warheads) from red alert 3 that would be awesome.

I am testing some code for: Multi yield bombs and those things, Multi ammo/weapon turrets, flamethrowers too :wink:

About the Athena cannon, I maybe do it, or the SOL (Satellite Orbital Laser) cannon from AKIRA.:cool:

9 hours ago, Lo Var Lachland said:

Oooooohhhhhhhh. This looks AWEOME. I'll ask Jeb if he wants some new toys.

Thanks, I hope you like the future update.

1 minute ago, Carcharoth said:

I will use the "Mk82 SnakEye" basic code to have a "working drag thing", It isn't going to be a real chute, but it should work. Thanks for your concern :wink:

I am testing some code for: Multi yield bombs and those things, Multi ammo/weapon turrets, flamethrowers too :wink:

About the Athena cannon, I maybe do it, or the SOL (Satellite Orbital Laser) cannon from AKIRA.:cool:

Thanks, I hope you like the future update.

The Athena cannon uses a satellite(but you can condense it into a small targeting pod and somehow make it so you need a geostationary satellite to fire(with the actual cannon))(i actually play ra3) other than that Tesla weapons would also be nice.

6 minutes ago, Kombat engineer said:

The Athena cannon uses a satellite(but you can condense it into a small targeting pod and somehow make it so you need a geostationary satellite to fire(with the actual cannon))(i actually play ra3) other than that Tesla weapons would also be nice.

The only difference between SOL and Athena is the color: red or pale blue :wink:

I am thinking in some ways to make a "orbital cannon" just using a normal turret, It should work just fine.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.