RemoteEverything: http remote access for KSP mods

xytovl

RemoteEverything lets you access various mod elements from a web browser, or other applications you develop.

Installation:

* Extract the zip as usual for other mods

* Install any mod that has RemoteEverything support (currently only an experimental MechJeb branch is available)

* In game activate the server with the application launcher icon

* Go to http://localhost:8080/ (or other port if you have changed the settings)

Links:

Source

RemoteEverything-0.1.0.zip

Mechjeb-RemoteEverything.zip

For mod developers

If you want to add support for RemoteEverything in you mod, follow the instructions on github.

Help wanted

If you want to improve the web UI, feel free to submit pull requests

I need to implement method call, support for static objects, configuration and probably more.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Some news on this plugin.

I have updated it for 1.1 and enhanced the web UI. Here is an example of what you can get:

as8c3Ed.png

The latest version is RemoteEverything-0.2.0.zip, it contains the modified MechJeb dll to test it.

There are many known limitations: you can only display fields (not c# properties or function results), units are not present yet, nor is the vessel name (only the id).

And now a greatly updated version : RemoteEverything-0.3.0.zip

The mandatory screenshot:

Bvt1WGq.png

News for this version:

The API makes it now possible to give a name for the object identifier (in this case vessel names).

Display of properties (and not only fields) is possible through the web UI

Many usability fixes and some polishing

• 3 years later...

Too bad there's seemingly been no interest in this mod, or even its concept, as the only closest thing i can think of that comes close, is Telemachus.

The concept seems like it would be a good way to get around the lack of multi-monitor support in KSP, as well as being useful for multi-player sessions... vOv

Even with large monitors, who couldnt benefit from moving all those mod UI boxes/elements, to a second screen, to free up screen real-estate, especially in the flight scene? :P

Even tho theres no license stated in the OP, theres one (
GNU GPL version 3) included/listed in the repo. Unless I'm misunderstanding GNU GPLv3, that allows someone else to pick this up and run with it if they wanted to, doesnt it? vOv

21 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

Unless I'm misunderstanding GNU GPLv3, that allows someone else to pick this up and run with it if they wanted to, doesnt it?

Yes, you are free to fork and do whatever you want with the source, as long as you keep your changes under GPL.  That's what those licenses are for, and why they exist.

22 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

Even with large monitors, who couldnt benefit from moving all those mod UI boxes/elements, to a second screen, to free up screen real-estate, especially in the flight scene?

I always wanted to have map-mode open on my second screen, full-time.  Possibly a third screen filled with all of the orbital parameters and state data.

In all of my time gaming though, I think I've come across a total of maybe one game that supported true multi-monitor setups, don't even remember what that was... (supreme commander maybe?).

54 minutes ago, Shadowmage said:

I always wanted to have map-mode open on my second screen, full-time.  Possibly a third screen filled with all of the orbital parameters and state data.

Yiss...
I've been making due with Telemachus, to free up some flight-scene real-estate, that would otherwise require some HUDs or small UI info panels...

I know there have been a couple attempts in the past for KSP multi-monitor support mods by a couple people, who have come close, and *partially* succeeded... The last one being Sarbian himself... But I guess even *he* came up against some walls that prevented him doing moar dev on it. Altho, that was a ways back, i think just after KSP updated to Unity 2017, which (Unity itself), had *just* introduced initial, or improved, support for multi-monitor.

Supposedly multi-monitor support is much improved and less buggy in Unity 2019. It would be nice, tho unlikely, iI guess, for someone to poke at that, to see if its finally workable in KSP 1.8.+... vOv

Idk... *either* true multi-monitor support, OR something like what RemoteEverything does, would be a huge imrpovement at this point. At least with a RemoteEverything-alike mod, i could also use the several tablets and smartphones that I have, for additional screens and added *realism* :P

And for anyone bothering to even read this, heres the two previous, semi-workable attempts at KSP multi-monitor support:

I am not developing this mod anymore, the GPLv3 allows you to do whatever you want with the mod, download it, modify etc. The only limitation, is that if you publish a modified version, you must also publish source code with the same conditions.

heya xytovl :D

21 minutes ago, xytovl said:

I am not developing this mod anymore, the GPLv3 allows you to do whatever you want with the mod, download it, modify etc. The only limitation, is that if you publish a modified version, you must also publish source code with the same conditions.

Actually, that should be the case anyway, since I believe the forums rules require that, now. *ANY* plugin or external executable needs to provide public access to the source code, no matter the license.

Personlly, even if the license doesnt *require* it, *I* for one, would *always* include attribution... *INCLUDING, even if it was only for concept inspiration*...
i would hope that if someone does pick this up, they would at least honor you with credit... ;)

Edited by Stone Blue

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.