[1.4.0] Old School Fairings

Felbourn

Say, considering the current caveats of the plugin in its current state, would it be possible to get this to work with Zero-Point Inline Fairings? FAR is too complex for me (I spend enough time in the hangar mucking with designs; FAR made that much worse) and NEAR seems to be essentially deprecated. I'm currently playing stock aero only now (I may try an install with NEAR again to see if it works well). Zero-Point doesn't work in stock, though. I liked that mod for 0.90, so I was hoping this plugin would make it usable in stock.

ZeroPoint is a "cargo bay" and could probably be done with Stock as it is, if the right module params were added to it.

The Vega may need a different CFG for it. This mod doesn't work unless you set the node_stack names to match the correct nodes that are used. I'll need to check the nodes values on that. You can also check the LOG file to see what node was attempted, and compare it to the Vega CFG node names.

Hey Felbourn

I copied one of your configs and adjust ist for Liquidhypes Real Scale Launchers, particular for the Vega. But it don´t work. There´s no entry "shielded" in the right-click-menue of the fairings.

Are you having problems getting any of the launchers into orbit? I've tested all of them multiple times both in stock atmo and FAR, and they all get into orbit just fine. If you encounter any issues with them, please report them in the Real Scale Launchers thread :)

- - - Updated - - -

ZeroPoint is a "cargo bay" and could probably be done with Stock as it is, if the right module params were added to it.

The Vega may need a different CFG for it. This mod doesn't work unless you set the node_stack names to match the correct nodes that are used. I'll need to check the nodes values on that. You can also check the LOG file to see what node was attempted, and compare it to the Vega CFG node names.

If you are planning on including Real Scale Launchers in your plugin, please wait for the next update before doing so. I am working on a fairly big update, which includes both Ariane 5 launchers (ECA and ES), in addition to new fairing colliders for all launchers (because of how FAR now works with voxelization), a couple new upper stage models, a new engine and other small adjustments.

Is there a download link for this mod beaucuas i cant find it and i want ULA pack to work.

If the CFGs are correct and the parts being applied to have the right nodes then this should work. I did not make any CFGs for ULA though. They'd need to be made by you. The link was just a sample for people who want to try essentially a pre-pre-release, and it's up there somewhere in a post I made. I'm working on an RSS install and I need to fix a nose cone I made by applying this mod to it. I'll probably pre-release something again after I do that.

Does a tweakscaled fairing mess with this mod?

No. One of the caveats is I don't actually look at the fairing. It just needs to exist. I ignore its bounds, which puts you on your honor to not cheat (don't make anything that goes outside the fairing, because it'll still get shielded).

Ok, so does this just turn the procedural fairings into the put together ones? Or just make it so they dissassemble like they used to?

You need to install the old fairings from KW's 'Extras\OldFARFairings\GameData\KWRocketry\Parts' folder. This mod has nothing to do with procedural fairings. It only works on physical fairings that exist as parts. It also only works if you attach my module to the fairing. Any fairing I have not already created the CFG for should be posted here, and I will make a new CFG for it, and add it to the download.

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.