[1.4.0] Old School Fairings

Felbourn

So if I download KW and this mod will I instantly get the old fairing pieces back?

Yes, if you have KW (and remember the old fairing parts in in a separate folder in the ZIP file) and this mod then old fairings will work again.

• 2 weeks later...
How do you think 1.0.5 is going to impact this mod?

There are no aero changes related to fairings, so I don't think it will affect this at all. We'll still need it for old fairing, and it will still function for them.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, sharpspoonful said:

You'd need a mod that has fairings. KW and Lanchers Pack both have the fairings. Go DL KW or Launchers pack .

Doesn't Launchers Pack need Old School fairings as one of its requirements? Soo if I download Old School Fairings and then Launchers Pack, I will have the fairings?

Many thanks.....

• 1 month later...

Do the AIES fairings work with this plugin installed? My rocket keeps on flipping if I travel more than 300m/s at an altitude of 10km or lower.

Maybe it's an issue with the reaction wheels, but I'm suspecting the fairings...

Edited by Delta_8930

It's probably the fairing. You can check by pressing F12 during flight and try to scroll he camera into the fairing. If you see red arrows coming off your payload parts then it's the payload and fairing. Yes, this mod should work on AIES fairings. Actually... let me double check the ZIP file and make sure those CFGs are actually in there....

Yes, I see that I had included AIES, KW, and HGR fairing support.

Edited by Felbourn

After looking at the AIES config, I found that it had a line that said @PART [top?00a1ur5*] which is not the name of the part. The MM config data for the other fairing bases and fairings are missing. That's probably the reason why my rockets keep on flipping even with this plugin installed. 

I will try to add the new fairing data to the config...though I'll still need to find the data of the drag cubes and such...

Edited by Delta_8930

The blocking was not fooled by your PM. I have a VERY OLD AmericanPack. Maybe the part name is the same. I see AresV_payload_shroud. Do you mean that? A CFG for that part would look like this:

@PART[AresV_payload_shroud]
{
    @MODULE[ModuleDecouple]
    {
        @name = ModuleFairingDecoupler
    }
}

Well, I've listed all of the AIES fairings and bases, but I can't figure out how to add the drag cubes. Here they are:

basepunta1ur5 (base)

basepuntv2r10 (base)

(the rest are fairings)

t1000v4

t1500v4

t2000v4

topb1

top100a1ur5

top100a1ur5b

top500a1ur5

Yea, I did the drag cubes by hand, and it was not a trivial process figuring out what they should be. I'd need to spend quite a bit of time building and testing AIES rockets to get them all done. I can't promise getting to this soon because I am working on Project Alexandria 1968 at the moment. You can probably ignore the drag cubes unless you need absolutely perfect performance. KSP takes its best guess when they are missing, and the guess is not horrible.

OK thanks if you where to take a look at the link you will see that the media fire domain name is missing after the www. put it back in a seperate browser window and it will work  but i will try the config you provided as there is the orion fairing as well but i will try and get it to work 

Edited by Virtualgenius

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.