[1.5.x] Kronkus -A Kopernicus Planet Pack-

MrChumley

Hey guys!

I've written a ResearchBodies compatibility config file for the Kronkus system. It will be added in on the next release.

In the meantime, here is a Dropbox Link to KronkRsBdys.cfg if you want to add it manually.

It causes Kronkus to be researched/tracked at the beginning of the game on easy, and normal modes, and Kersex only on Easy.

If anyone has any suggestions to make Kronkus more compatible with other mods, or any other suggestions please let me know. :D

Also- Can anyone confirm that the CKAN issue worked itself out? Or does it require some intervention on my part?

Cool !

But you made a mistake in your IGNORE list : you used the new system (bodyname = easy? normal? medium? hard?) for the list but you kept "IGNORE", you have to change it to IGNORELEVELS ;)

Thanks VASMIR!! :D I hope you have as much fun playing it as I had making it!

On another note, I just started a pull request that should update Kronkus on the CKAN network. (thanks pacbard!)

Please let me know if there are any problems.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

At the moment, CKAN does not seem to allow this Kronkus mod to be installed if you have Asclepius (or OPM).  It reports some conflict and then throws an exception!  My CKAN reports everything up-to-date.  I tried removing all my Kopernicus mods and then reinstalling them.  As soon as Kronkus is added to the list (either at the start or at the end) the "Apply Changes" goes gray to prevent it.  Kronkus shows a red  background and reports some incompatibility with not much detail (before the exception).

I have not tried it manually because I am hoping to use CKAN for everything (it makes life easy).  I can try manual if that is helpful, although I would not expect any issue to show up that way.

Thanks!

On 1/19/2016 at 7:53 AM, billgarlic said:

At the moment, CKAN does not seem to allow this Kronkus mod to be installed if you have Asclepius (or OPM).  It reports some conflict and then throws an exception!  My CKAN reports everything up-to-date.  I tried removing all my Kopernicus mods and then reinstalling them.  As soon as Kronkus is added to the list (either at the start or at the end) the "Apply Changes" goes gray to prevent it.  Kronkus shows a red  background and reports some incompatibility with not much detail (before the exception).

I have not tried it manually because I am hoping to use CKAN for everything (it makes life easy).  I can try manual if that is helpful, although I would not expect any issue to show up that way.

Thanks!

I started a NetKAN pull request, this should be fixed soon.

On 1/19/2016 at 8:41 AM, Iago said:

Does EVE work with 1.0.5 for this mod?

The current version is updated to work with the latest E.V.E overhaul.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I've managed to find the time to get this mod back up to date with the current state of things.  I've released Kronkus v1.2 for KSP 1.2.x It should work fine with the latest kopernicus, and modulemanager.

Kronkus releases on Git

Direct Download for Kronkus.1.2.zip

Changes:

Removed Sketti (RIP noodle planet)

Added Scool. (new procedurally generated moon)

Changed orbits for all Kronkian moons.

Added MOAR Science definitions!

Added Scool (optional Dres moon) to the Kronkus Pack.

Please try it out and post some pics!  :D

• 2 weeks later...

I liked the pasta planet but it is pretty unrealistic. RIP Sketti :(.

I think this will cause bugs because the Terra Planet has Kerbin as template, and Kerbin has CommNet stations that are not removable now. In the next release, you can change the Template of the Terra to Laythe :/?

16 hours ago, EnriqueBNew said:

I think this will cause bugs because the Terra Planet has Kerbin as template, and Kerbin has CommNet stations that are not removable now. In the next release, you can change the Template of the Terra to Laythe

I noticed this as well. Also - what happened to the clouds?

• 2 weeks later...

Kersex does use Kerbin as a template, but it works just fine.  It does beam out a second set of CommNet groundstations though.  For me it's not game breaking. The planet uses a lot of PQS that is native to Kerbin, so changing the template to Laythe would be quite an undertaking..

The most recent release doesn't include a cloud pack because my computer refuses to run any decent environmental mod, so I have no way of testing them.  Taking the BoulderCo folder from an earlier release might work. 

• 2 months later...

Hey fellow Kerbalnaughts!

Seems like its time for another Kronkus update. :)

This time moons were re-arranged, and the ring system was resized.  Descriptions were also updated.  Unfortunately this will break saves from previous games if you had ships or kerbals in the Kronkus system.

Just like the last release I have included a small moon for Dres as a separate folder "Spud".

Enjoy! :D

DOWNLOAD KronkusV1-3.zip

• 3 weeks later...

uLMNK4O.pngI've made some minor changes to the Kronkus system (tidally locked Scool, and added a few flat spots)

http://github.com/MrChumley/Kronkus/releases

I also wrote a few "Far Out" contracts for Contract Configurator as well.

http://github.com/MrChumley/FarOut/releases

Please give them a try :)

Edited by MrChumley

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/26/2017 at 5:44 PM, MrChumley said:

Kersex does use Kerbin as a template, but it works just fine.  It does beam out a second set of CommNet groundstations though.  For me it's not game breaking. The planet uses a lot of PQS that is native to Kerbin, so changing the template to Laythe would be quite an undertaking..

The most recent release doesn't include a cloud pack because my computer refuses to run any decent environmental mod, so I have no way of testing them.  Taking the BoulderCo folder from an earlier release might work. 

Please forgive me for being absolutely clueless in this matter, but I got rid of the extra CommNet groundstation without killing the game by editing the Kersex config file. I simply changed the section

Template
        {
            name = Kerbin

to

Template
        {
            name = Laythe

When I started the game up everything worked as far as I can tell and there was no ground station. If I didn't kill the game what did I kill?

Edited by Funtime60

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.