[1.5.x] Kronkus -A Kopernicus Planet Pack-

MrChumley

2 hours ago, MrChumley said:

Unfortunately I do not have the hardware necessary to run SVE, so I am unable to troubleshoot and/or offer any support for it.  I have solicited for help before but no luck yet. 

I understand. EVE totally baffles me. That you got it to work at all amazes me. I'll keep tinkering with it.

1 hour ago, The Tenth Avenger said:

Hi,

is this mod or Asclepius coming for 1.3.1??

Both Asclepius, and Kronkus work in 1.3.1 with the latest Kopernicus (Currently Kopernicus v1.3.1-2)

1 hour ago, JacobJHC said:

...make a separate download for Sketti?

:DDDDDDDDD

Ok.  Here is a download that adds Sketti (back) into the Kronkus system.

SkettiBack.zip <<Download, and merge contents into GameData/Kronkus folder. (requires: Kronkus, kopernicus, modulemanager)

Fair Warning:  Sketti violates Roche Limits

Expect some unexpected behavior.  Sketti doesn't like the setorbit cheat. Sketti might break saves.

TbobtKD.png

eQ9PEjc.png

Enjoy

Edited by MrChumley

13 minutes ago, MrChumley said:

Both Asclepius, and Kronkus work in 1.3.1 with the latest Kopernicus (Currently Kopernicus v1.3.1-2)

Ok.  Here is a download that adds Sketti (back) into the Kronkus system.

SkettiBack.zip <<Download, and merge contents into Kronkus folder. (requires: Kronkus, kopernicus, modulemanager)

Fair Warning:  Sketti violates Roche Limits

Expect some unexpected behavior.  Sketti doesn't like the setorbit cheat. Sketti might break saves.

TbobtKD.png

eQ9PEjc.png

Enjoy

YES THANK YOU!!!! 

When you mean break saves do you mean by itself or when I try to use the set orbit cheat there?

The code for Sketti is kinda old and basically still a WIP, I made a Branch on Github Please feel free to contribute! If you load Sketti into an existing save, it might move some vessels into orbits of other planets.  Some might disappear!  I recommend starting a new save when loading Sketti in. Make backups of everything you value!

Setorbit thinks that the minimum safe orbit is above its sphere of influence (I think), and MA goes into negative numbers, and stuff gets messed up. It did not play well with me when I was trying to cheat a little craft into orbit for the pics shown above.

I was able to get an encounter and burn retro into orbit the old fashioned way though :D

Edited by MrChumley
added links

• 2 months later...
On 28.10.2017 at 2:30 AM, MrChumley said:

Please feel free to contribute!

Im sorry, my english is bad.

Hello and happy New year, merry Christmas!
I'm playing your mod in 1.0.4 version. It's really awesome! I'm really glad to see some "secret" planet, hided in te past by Kerbal goverment.
But IMHO, there are still need few improvements for compatiblity with other cool mods.
First, "we need a moar science(tm)"! :confused: And this allow create vision of really united picture of the celestia body. In result, DMagic orbital science is the on of the research and science mods, that i'm use.
Second, personal kerbal metrics are cool, this add new layer of metrics allow more personal-skill based missions. And FinalFrontier is the best solution for this.
For my chose i created optional config for DmagicDefs and FinalFrontier ribbons with configs here (It's still WIP!). For Kronkus_DmagicDefs.cfg I'm used you pattern for vanilla science and patch from Outer planets mod by CaptRobau, write custom science defs for instruments in my current DMagic version. Ribbons are modified (partitially redrawed) from Outer planets mod too. Because your mod Asclepius has Dmagic science defs and ribbons, i think you can look at my config and after some (grammatical and/or science) rework this patch can be include in main Kronkus download.
What to you think?

P.S. My English is bad, sorry. IDs of ribbons need to change for correct numbers (i'm not found list of used IDs, them write from OuterPlanets mod, and it will conflict with them) In my version Eahpeh rotates around Kersex, in result - some strange ribbon to it; in current version(where Eahpeh orbits around Kronkus) i will edit this for Kronkus only orbit.

On 1/3/2018 at 7:59 AM, JCDenton said:

Im sorry, my english is bad.

Hello and happy New year, merry Christmas!
I'm playing your mod in 1.0.4 version. It's really awesome! I'm really glad to see some "secret" planet, hided in te past by Kerbal goverment.
But IMHO, there are still need few improvements for compatiblity with other cool mods.
First, "we need a moar science(tm)"! :confused: And this allow create vision of really united picture of the celestia body. In result, DMagic orbital science is the on of the research and science mods, that i'm use.
Second, personal kerbal metrics are cool, this add new layer of metrics allow more personal-skill based missions. And FinalFrontier is the best solution for this.
For my chose i created optional config for DmagicDefs and FinalFrontier ribbons with configs here (It's still WIP!). For Kronkus_DmagicDefs.cfg I'm used you pattern for vanilla science and patch from Outer planets mod by CaptRobau, write custom science defs for instruments in my current DMagic version. Ribbons are modified (partitially redrawed) from Outer planets mod too. Because your mod Asclepius has Dmagic science defs and ribbons, i think you can look at my config and after some (grammatical and/or science) rework this patch can be include in main Kronkus download.
What to you think?

P.S. My English is bad, sorry. IDs of ribbons need to change for correct numbers (i'm not found list of used IDs, them write from OuterPlanets mod, and it will conflict with them) In my version Eahpeh rotates around Kersex, in result - some strange ribbon to it; in current version(where Eahpeh orbits around Kronkus) i will edit this for Kronkus only orbit.

I think that you have done some awesome work! (You speak better English than some Americans :confused:)

THANK YOU FOR CONTRIBUTING!  Awesomeness is in progress. :cool:

I prefer that contributions are made via github. (make an account, click Fork).  I appreciate contributions whatever the source is though. :D We will adapt. 

I have a LOT of respect for what you have done. Science Definitions are some of most mentally taxing things to be done in the planet making world.  It takes (not only) the knowledge of what the experiments are supposed to do, but also the creative awareness to put yourself in a place that that knowledge can be expressed.

I will take the liberty of uploading for now.  Edits will be shown... Mostly spelling, grammar, with some small inclusions :) .  Credit will be given @JCDenton .  This patch will be included in the next Kronkus release. (testing in progress)  All my releases are done under CC0 .

*edit*- Link to Kronkus_DmagicDefs edits 

The FF flags seem to be in order.  (and they look good too) Great job!

Edited by MrChumley

18 hours ago, MrChumley said:

I prefer that contributions are made via github. (make an account, click Fork).

Ok, i think i can try GitHub... i hope i not break nothing. I hope nothing explode to my face:rolleyes:. i'm sending you my final corrections.

0rd, i changed those magic numbers for ribbons in CelestialBodies to anothers (for avoid possibly conflicts with OuterPlanetsMod)

1st, i'm ended custom ScienceDefs for new DMagic instruments.

2nd, i'm splitted ScienceDefs into main file (without Sketti, you known), removed Sketti from Kronkus CelestiaBodies and Definitions and

3rd, with new standarts, i moved Sketti definitions into "SkettiBack" (plus included backup of original file of Celestia body without Sketti if user change his solution).

After all, some minor redrawing for Eahpeh ribbons (in new version it's orbit over Kronkus, not Kersex). And i've found my mistake in "dmSoilMoisture", definition MeeloInSpaceHigh is not correct (this experiments does not run from high orbit).

I hope my explains and this configs will help you.

and... i go to sleep... (01:51am in my time):confused:

PS. Sorry, i'm forked you before your edits...

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This pack causes an exception when looking at the science archives which prevents them from properly loading. I first noticed this in my (heavily modded) career save, but isolated the cause to this mod. Starting with a clean installation of KSP and adding Kronkus (and dependencies) still causes the error.

Screenshot of the science archives

KSP.log from the aforementioned clean install

And lastly, the exception thrown when viewing science archives (directly from KSP.log linked above):

[EXC 14:51:13.887] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	KSP.UI.Screens.RDArchivesController.AddPlanetRecursively (.PSystemBody parent, .PSystemBody body, Single offset_pos, Single offset_pos_inc, Int32 hierarchy_level)
	KSP.UI.Screens.RDArchivesController.AddPlanetRecursively (.PSystemBody parent, .PSystemBody body, Single offset_pos, Single offset_pos_inc, Int32 hierarchy_level)
	KSP.UI.Screens.RDArchivesController.AddPlanets ()
	KSP.UI.Screens.RDArchivesController.Start ()

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Works pretty nicely in 1.6.1

I haven't explored the surface of Kersex much, but have trees been found on Kersex in 1.6.1? I haven't found any trees yet, neither on the plains nor the mountains, although I have a suspicion that's because I've only landed a single probe on a single location as of now. Other than the peculiar lack of trees, this mod is incredibly beautiful.

EDIT: Apparently I don't have terrain scattering on. Wow, I really need to pay attention to my settings more...

Edited by Some random person

• 4 months later...

Hey, the Asclepius thread has some activity, but there's no love for Kronkus! So, I thought I'd share some custom DMagic Orbital Science defs I wrote for the bodies in this pack (nothing for Spud).

Truthfully, I don't even know if Kronkus still works in 1.7, though I believe it does.

If you want to include this in the main mod, Mr. Chumley, that's fine by me! No credit is necessary, although I'd appreciate some.

DOWNLOAD

Edited by Brixmon

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.