Asteroid Day Mod

Higgs

My search fu fails me here, so I ask simply, is the mod of the same name as this thread being made stock in 1.1? An mods, wasn't sure where to park this so, if I parked wrong tow me to the right location. :)

they make a BEAUTIFUL mod, and then toss it away to be forever forgotten? tragic. I can see that useless mod with the stupid soccer balls being relegated to the trash heap, but a mod like asteroid day? IF thats true, its sad.

Probably best that it's forgotten... Every Sentinel mission I sent up was Kraken'd. Just disappeared off the tracking station without explanation.

ok that stings a little. one, i think the real mission will save our backsides someday, and think it makes a unique addon to the game that should not be forgotten. two, ive a sentinel mission up and its not krakened me yet <knocks on wood>. but, id like some official word from squad on this one honestly.

Taki117 said:
While I understand the Mod is in the public domain, you can easily get the mod from Curse.

http://www.curse.com/ksp-mods/kerbal/232196-asteroid-day

Or KerbalStuff if you won't touch Cursed with a 10' pole like myself:

[Moderator removed defunct website link]

Edited by James Kerman
link removed

Agree 100%, and I'm VERY much in favor of funding NASA with whatever it needs. But the mod didn't work for me. :)

This might be a borked install. The Asteroid Day folder goes inside your Gamedata folder, and if you are in career mode you may not have unlocked the appropriate tech node.

Don't lose hope yet. According to the picture they posted when they announced "four new antennae", the four new antennae consist of three stack-mounted dishes and the antenna from Asteroid Day. So at the very least that implies they're making the antenna stock, if not the whole thing.

If they leave anything behind, it'll probably be that convenient but overpowered all-in-one probe body.

Probably best that it's forgotten... Every Sentinel mission I sent up was Kraken'd. Just disappeared off the tracking station without explanation.

weird. I've done dozens and all worked just fine. Very nice cash generators in career mode. Once you've 2-3 Sentinels launched you can just accept the contract, sit back, and wait for the money and reputation to flow in. No need to launch a new one into the prescribed orbit.

- - - Updated - - -

Wait... isn't all this stuff stock in the current version? I have the sentinel camera and asteroids. What mod are we talking about?

They released a mod AFTER 1.04 was released for the yearly asteroid day this year. Search on KerbalStuff under that name.

• 2 weeks later...

It is now the 9th of September and no word from the devs. This is sad. Ill ask that a moderator bring this to a dev. Will asteroid day mod be made stock? Obviously this is a concern or there would not be 3 pages. Please devs can you please answer this question for us.

Ted mentioned it during Squadcast. You can get his response at around 48 minutes 45 seconds here:

http://www.twitch.tv/ksptv/v/13258834

The Asteroid Day parts becoming stock: It's something we've discussed quite heavily actually and quite frequently. It's something I like the idea of, and I think the other developers do, they really like the idea of it as well, but I think we'd want to give it a bit more time on its own really, to kinda just be more of a mod, and perhaps later integrate it into the stock game.

There have also been some claims in the forum of issues caused by it, so they may be still working on it before making it mandatory.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.