[WIP] Kopernicus Expansion v0.2: comets, footprints, new PQSMods for Kopernicus

MrHappyFace

For all looking for a rebuild of this, we are trying to see what can be done under the wing of Presja's Kopernicus fork.

Right now for the next 48 hours I have a build but almost no time to test, so if you are willing to play with a very prebeta build, you can try it and at least play tester for me:

Edited by R-T-B

• 2 weeks later...

So, the little side project above works, sorta.  There are some bugs, all of which relate almost exclusively to outdated Unity shaders included in the project.  It seems they were last compiled against the old unity in 1.7.

Unfortunately, though we DO have the .shader source code, I have no idea how to update and/or build it.  There are also no docs on this that I can find.  Anyone knowledgeable about this is strongly urged to contact me if they want the update effort to succeed.

Edited by R-T-B

On 7/7/2020 at 9:04 PM, R-T-B said:

So, the little side project above works, sorta.  There are some bugs, all of which relate almost exclusively to outdated Unity shaders included in the project.  It seems they were last compiled against the old unity in 1.7.

Unfortunately, though we DO have the .shader source code, I have no idea how to update and/or build it.  There are also no docs on this that I can find.  Anyone knowledgeable about this is strongly urged to contact me if they want the update effort to succeed.

I might be able to help, I'll take a look in the morning

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/19/2020 at 7:24 PM, serialblack said:

this kinda thing would be absolutely amazing with real solar system....I don't suppose that is in the works somewhere I haven't found yet?

I tried to update it, but it's...  hard.   The shaders are proving tricky (I hate having to update shaders).  Maybe soon, but we aren't sure.  It's not ready yet anyways.

I will certainly let everyone here know if we ever "crack the code" to updating this.

Edited by R-T-B

My attempt at a rebuild of some features

Currently only wormholes work, but considering thats the most useful gameplay wise, I'm sure it will be useful. Focusing on footprints next.

EDIT: Footprints done. Focusing on other shaders

Edited by Vabien

• 7 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.