[WIP] Kopernicus Expansion v0.2: comets, footprints, new PQSMods for Kopernicus

MrHappyFace

2 hours ago, Elowiny said:

So this will allow moders to add grass to their planets? That's really cool!

You can add grass to the planets now, with Kopernicus, but without animations and under the the stock system (less improved).

2 hours ago, Kepler68 said:

How does the grass affect lower end computers (Looks awesome btw) and hows the 1.1 conversion going?

No idea yet, needs more testing.

Right now, I'm still working on updating shaders to Unity 5. Should be able to fix some bugs in them too.

Edited by MrHappyFace

1 hour ago, MrHappyFace said:

No idea yet, needs more testing.

Right now, I'm still working on updating shaders to Unity 5. Should be able to fix some bugs in them too.

Any possibilities of making alien spaceships that appear in orbit? And if BDA is installed they might attack?

2 hours ago, daniel l. said:

Any possibilities of making alien spaceships that appear in orbit? And if BDA is installed they might attack?

You can already do that with the latest version of Kopernicus using the new asteroid spawning.

2 hours ago, MrHappyFace said:

It's been less than a week, calm down. 1.1 was quite literally the biggest update in KSP history, and I didn't have access to the prerelease. 

What? Since when does "patiently" imply that I'm not calm? If I had just said "waiting...", that would have been rude, But like I said, I was "patient" and looking forward to the release.  

I saw somewhere you said you were dissatisfied with the stock ocean system, if you start developing something for that, can I make a feature request? If you do this can you add multi colored water? It would be interesting to have differently colored lakes and oceans. Great work btw!

2 hours ago, theonegalen said:

Are there any mods which actually use these amazing visual tweaks to make explorable comets?

I haven't seen many but it is easy enough to add it to the config file, but I hope more and more will be compatible, especially seeing as it dosent break the config if you have a KE node without it installed.

4 hours ago, theonegalen said:

Are there any mods which actually use these amazing visual tweaks to make explorable comets?

I've been toying around with the idea of doing a Comet pack.  I've kerbalized all of the information I could find for about a dozen of the largest/brightest comets recorded in human history. Thing is we're still talking orbits of ~1,000 years on the smaller end and 80,000 on the larger end.  to do it realistically you could install this type of pack and never see the comets.  Even Halley's would be on the 80 year range or so.

Could go the unrealistic route and adjust the orbits to make them more regular and then spread them out so it's like one every 6-12 months.  That seems almost too unrealistic, though.

If you can't get all the features of KE to work in 1.1.2, would it be possible to see if a standalone version of the ScaledSpace exporter works? It's the best us Kopernicus fans have ever had access too and I'm really missing it's availability right now.

8 minutes ago, CaptRobau said:

If you can't get all the features of KE to work in 1.1.2, would it be possible to see if a standalone version of the ScaledSpace exporter works? It's the best us Kopernicus fans have ever had access too and I'm really missing it's availability right now.

The main reason I haven't updated yet is because I've been lacking in free time lately, but hopefully I'll find some time to update SoonTM 

On May 3, 2016 at 0:40 AM, Veevee said:

I've been toying around with the idea of doing a Comet pack.  I've kerbalized all of the information I could find for about a dozen of the largest/brightest comets recorded in human history. Thing is we're still talking orbits of ~1,000 years on the smaller end and 80,000 on the larger end.  to do it realistically you could install this type of pack and never see the comets.  Even Halley's would be on the 80 year range or so.

Could go the unrealistic route and adjust the orbits to make them more regular and then spread them out so it's like one every 6-12 months.  That seems almost too unrealistic, though.

I'm also working on a comet pack (yay for comets) and what I am doing is making them come from somewhere just outside of jool or eeloo which gives them orbital pereoids of 4-6 kerbin years. As for long term comets, you can have them coming into the system within 5ish years of day 0 but have them come around every 50ish years. The early encounter would give people a chance to get prepared and have something there without leaving time warp running for an hour. I will also point out that it would be likely someone would have other mods installed as well. So you can just recommend a mod like better time warp for long term comets. Or include long term ones as a separate module to the mod. Just some thoughts:D:D:D good luck!

Edited by Kepler68

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.