The Blizzard 1, Ksp Stock Tank

Bubbadevlin Presents: Blizzard 1 MBT

The Blizzard 1 tank is a fully stock tank for Ksp. After many months of thought and testing i have managed to create a new type of turret bearing, one that will allow you to turn the turret of the Blizzard 1 without switching crafts. This feature gives the Blizzard 1 incredible maneuverability and functionality. While aesthetics were a part of building the Blizzard 1, the tank is designed for functionality, not as a replica.

The Blizzard 1 has small center mount 6 I-Beam missiles that can do significant damage as well as 2 long range guided missiles for anti-tank use. The Blizzard 1 is also covered in armor plates and has a highly angled front making it very resilient against other weapons

For those wondering the Blizzard 1's turret ring works by having about 15 structural pylons in a corkscrew. It is then stabilized by a normal wheel joint. These very weak structural pylons and some reaction wheels allow you to turn the blizzard 1 turret around with Q and E without having to switch between crafts.

The Blizzard 1 is normally unmanned and has no actual crew pods however it has 5 crew seats within and can be found very easily, as well as grab-on ladders for those kerbals wanting to hitch a ride

Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz8Cg6FNj53EV25kZ1NpdXVHNTQ/view?usp=sharing

Read Description!

Note: This download, and the stats, are for the latest version of the Blizzard 1, the Blizzard 1 A2. Most of the screenshots seen are of earlier models, however the tank has not changed much. If you wish for the earlier versions, comment and say so.

Stats:

350 parts

30 tons

12 meters wide

5 meters long

4 meters tall

Cost of 315,000

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Action Group

0 - Lights

1 - Incline Up

2 - Incline Down

3 - Breaks

4 - Lock Turret

5 - Toggle Missile Bays

6 - Missile 1

7 - Missile 2

8 - Open Crew Compartment

I guess you could call this my thread first post, so i hope it goes well. Although i haven't been active on the forums, i have been playing Ksp for a while now, and hope to get active in the community.

Whoa!

Welcome to the forum!

And what a first post! I see some very interesting solutions. Already this tank beats a lot of older designs. I couldn't get it to work as advertised though. The turret sinks halfway through and such. Do you have internal colliders enabled or something?

No, i don't have any thing changed in the files, but i know what you mean. The same thing happens to me when i time warp or switch between crafts out of load distance (200m i think) i do not know of a way to permanently fix it, however when that happens you can go back to the space center and select the craft from the tracking station, and that will reload the turret fixing it for you. If upon loadup the turret just sinks through the hull, it might be a ksp version issue, or something else, i am not really sure.

Edited by Bubbadevlin

Whoa!

Welcome to the forum!

And what a first post! I see some very interesting solutions. Already this tank beats a lot of older designs. I couldn't get it to work as advertised though. The turret sinks halfway through and such. Do you have internal colliders enabled or something?

I used struts on my replicas to keep the turret from sinking until it seperated. But that wont work for this tank.

No, i don't have any thing changed in the files, but i know what you mean. The same thing happens to me when i time warp or switch between crafts out of load distance (200m i think) i do not know of a way to permanently fix it, however when that happens you can go back to the space center and select the craft from the tracking station, and that will reload the turret fixing it for you. If upon loadup the turret just sinks through the hull, it might be a ksp version issue, or something else, i am not really sure.

Amazing welcome to the forums! Rep'd

I used struts on my replicas to keep the turret from sinking until it seperated. But that wont work for this tank.

Amazing welcome to the forums! Rep'd

Thanks dude!, and yea no decoupling for this thing so struts would just keep it from turning the turret :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.