TheCardinal

Multiports

Recommended Posts

I'm sorry things didn't work out for you so well. I thought things would be clear with notifications like "This mod consists of two configuration files one of ...." and "All combinations of multiport-a, multiport-b and stock docking port Jr. will dock." in the first post.

A statement of a positive does not prove everything else is a negative, but i learned my lesson - just build with multi-ports from now on :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wait 1 2 days, maybe it appears on "spacedock.info".

I could also upload it from my archive, but i dont know any about those licences.

Edited by Jansn67

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the license is incredibly permissive.  just include the bsd 2-clause simplified license in the file.   I'd also give credit to the guy who made it, but thats not even required by this license.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, it can be done purely in cfg since 1.0.5, node type takes a comma-delimited list of types it can dock with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"BSD-2 clause"AFAIK it allows for redistribution.

I will upload it to spacedock when I get home.

Edited by Joshwoo69
TypO.. MOAR!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MisterFister said:

@TheCardinal would it be possible to update the Spacedock listing to reflect this thread as the goto place for info and support on this mod?

Sure, done!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm having problems docking a Mk2 Shielded Docking port (from the Mk2 Stock-Alike Expansion mod) to the Multiport-b. I've compared the config files for both parts and note the multiport-b dockingModule.nodeType value is size0, whereas the Mk2 port's was size1. As a test, I reset the multiport-b nodeType to size1 and docking worked. I also noticed that multiport-a had nodeType of size0 - I changed it to size2 and was able to dock a Clamp-O-Tron Sr to it. I have not tried with a regular Clamp-O-Tron (size1) on multiport-a or Clamp-O-Tron Jr (size0) on multiport-b yet, but suspect they would not dock properly. Has anyone else noticed this?

Edited by Bombaatu
Grammar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have probs to dock a Multiport-b on a Multiport-a.

Edit: after 8 hours of testing and hacking i am 99 % sure this ports now are broken in 1.1.2.

None of stock and multiports will dock together.

Sad, because i dont like the stock docking ports, which will only fit same parts together.

Edited by Jansn67

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/05/2016 at 4:10 PM, Jansn67 said:

Have probs to dock a Multiport-b on a Multiport-a.

Edit: after 8 hours of testing and hacking i am 99 % sure this ports now are broken in 1.1.2.

None of stock and multiports will dock together.

Sad, because i dont like the stock docking ports, which will only fit same parts together.

Here is the way I fixed it:

 

PART
{
	name = Multiport-a
	module = Part
	author = TheCardinal
	rescaleFactor = 1
	PhysicsSignificance = -1
	node_stack_top = 0.0,  0.27, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 2
	node_stack_bottom = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 2
	node_attach = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0
	TechRequired = metaMaterials
	entryCost = 26400
	cost = 1460
	category = Utility
	subcategory = 0
	title = Multiport-a
	manufacturer = Cardinal Enterprises
	description = Several kerbals unsuccesfully tried to dock two different sized docking ports, usually making both ports unusable, the technicians decided to create ports which could dock to multiple ports making the large standard docking ports obsolete.
	attachRules = 1,1,1,1,0
	mass = 0.27
	dragModelType = default
	maximum_drag = 0.25
	minimum_drag = 0.25
	angularDrag = 0.5
	crashTolerance = 20
	maxTemp = 3400
	bulkheadProfiles = size2, srf
	MODEL
	{
		model = Squad/Parts/Utility/dockingPortSr/model
		position = 0,-0.01095,0
		scale = 1,1,1
		rotation = 0,0,0
	}
	MODEL
	{
		model = Squad/Parts/Utility/dockingPort/model
		position = 0,-0.01095,0
		scale = 1,1,1
		rotation = 0,0,0
	}
	MODEL
	{
		model = Squad/Parts/Utility/dockingPortJr/model
		position = 0,0.13683,0
		scale = 1,1,1
		rotation = 0,0,0
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleDockingNode
		referenceAttachNode = top
		nodeType = size2, size1, size0
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = USI_ModuleRecycleablePart
	}
}

The fix was the change to nodeType.

 

Edit: This is the fix suggested by NathanKell above

Edited by thutmose

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, thutmose said:

The fix was the change to nodeType.

Very much thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20.5.2016 at 3:12 AM, thutmose said:

Here is the way I fixed it:

 


PART
{
	name = Multiport-a
	module = Part
	author = TheCardinal
	rescaleFactor = 1
	PhysicsSignificance = -1
	node_stack_top = 0.0,  0.27, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 2
	node_stack_bottom = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 2
	node_attach = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0
	TechRequired = metaMaterials
	entryCost = 26400
	cost = 1460
	category = Utility
	subcategory = 0
	title = Multiport-a
	manufacturer = Cardinal Enterprises
	description = Several kerbals unsuccesfully tried to dock two different sized docking ports, usually making both ports unusable, the technicians decided to create ports which could dock to multiple ports making the large standard docking ports obsolete.
	attachRules = 1,1,1,1,0
	mass = 0.27
	dragModelType = default
	maximum_drag = 0.25
	minimum_drag = 0.25
	angularDrag = 0.5
	crashTolerance = 20
	maxTemp = 3400
	bulkheadProfiles = size2, srf
	MODEL
	{
		model = Squad/Parts/Utility/dockingPortSr/model
		position = 0,-0.01095,0
		scale = 1,1,1
		rotation = 0,0,0
	}
	MODEL
	{
		model = Squad/Parts/Utility/dockingPort/model
		position = 0,-0.01095,0
		scale = 1,1,1
		rotation = 0,0,0
	}
	MODEL
	{
		model = Squad/Parts/Utility/dockingPortJr/model
		position = 0,0.13683,0
		scale = 1,1,1
		rotation = 0,0,0
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleDockingNode
		referenceAttachNode = top
		nodeType = size2, size1, size0
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = USI_ModuleRecycleablePart
	}
}

The fix was the change to nodeType.

 

Edit: This is the fix suggested by NathanKell above

With above fix at least Multiport docking port is now "magnetic" and tries to dock with its counterpart, in my case a Senior Docking Port from Vens Revamp.
But docking is not actually happen, both ports are just magnetically holding together.
Using KSP 1.1.3. Is there a way to fix it?
https://imgur.com/a/iIHvO

Edited by DasCostaNix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, DasCostaNix said:

With above fix at least Multiport docking port is now "magnetic" and tries to dock with its counterpart, in my case a Senior Docking Port from Vens Revamp.
But docking is not actually happen, both ports are just magnetically holding together.
Using KSP 1.1.3. Is there a way to fix it?
https://imgur.com/a/iIHvO

I think the issue might be Ven's - I know it does stuff to docking ports and frequently breaks them (I've heard).

Also, what's that docking camera called? Been looking for it. That's not the old NavyFish is it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Deimos Rast said:

I think the issue might be Ven's - I know it does stuff to docking ports and frequently breaks them (I've heard).

Also, what's that docking camera called? Been looking for it. That's not the old NavyFish is it?

That's disappointing.

The docking helper, although not stated, is compatible with 1.1.3.:

EDIT: perhaps related to a bug that will be fixed for KSP 1.2. I got those stuck Kerbals on EVA too. From the devnotes last week:

"A notable bug-fix this week that’s worth highlighting is Nathan’s (Claw) successful effort to hunt down and fix the bug that was causing docking ports to break and Kerbals to get stuck while on EVA. That issue is now resolved in our development builds, and work continues to turn those builds into something for everyone to enjoy."

Edited by DasCostaNix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
@PART[Multiport-a] {
	@bulkheadProfiles = size0,size1,size2,srf

	@MODULE[ModuleDockingNode]
	{
		@nodeType = size0,size1,size2
	}
}
@PART[Multiport-b]{
	@bulkheadProfiles = size0,size1,srf
	@MODULE[ModuleDockingNode]
	{
		@nodeType = size0,size1
	}
}
@PART[Multiport-a]:NEEDS[ConnectedLivingSpace]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleConnectedLivingSpace]]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleConnectedLivingSpace
		passable = true
		passableWhenSurfaceAttached = true
	}
}
@PART[Multiport-b]:NEEDS[ConnectedLivingSpace]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleConnectedLivingSpace]]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleConnectedLivingSpace
		passable = true
		passableWhenSurfaceAttached = true
	}
}

This will add capabilities of multiports to interconnect with all stock ports. And CLS support.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please ignore, tried to create a cfg file for MM again, and this time worked like a dream, no idea what was going wrong before.

Many thanks for the config above complynx.

 

 

>Hi, I've been trying to mod my KSP to do this, allow the multiports to connect with all stock ports, but where should I insert this config? Should I make a new .cfg file somewhere, or edit an existing file? I've tried looking at ModuleManager, but can't get this to work.

I've looked through the files, and searched the forums but nothing seems to make sense.

Appreciate any help!

Edited by datamonkey
Problem solved

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

is this mod  broken after many updates on ksp or  will it work if i just port it to  1.2 and try some configs in this thread? anyone have a successful working version please?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Jiraiyah You can do this with MM now (actually since 1.0.5). Currently Squad uses "nodeType = size0" or "nodeType = size1" or "nodeType = size2" for their docking nodes. If you change that to "nodeType = size0,size1,size2" they should all dock to each other.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wasml said:

@Jiraiyah You can do this with MM now (actually since 1.0.5). Currently Squad uses "nodeType = size0" or "nodeType = size1" or "nodeType = size2" for their docking nodes. If you change that to "nodeType = size0,size1,size2" they should all dock to each other.

that worx :)
... but that alone doesnt combine th models, like this modlet" does :wink:

and yeah, this *should* still work in 1.3.1 fine

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.