[Dead Mod][1.0.5] Saru Planet Pack v0.1

tygoo7

Saru Planet Pack

So I recently thought of making a planet pack that includes a Saturn analog for Kopernicus. Making a planet pack sounded like fun, so I said why not?

My main goal of this pack is to have it stockalike.

Warning: This is an early version of the mod, EXPECT BUGS!

uvBNCsF.png

This mod requires Kopernicus v0.5.2

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/103277-105-kopernicus-beta-05-november-17/

This is the main plan. Hopefully they will look somewhat like this.

CZiB6v1.png

Mobe - A mimas analog that is modeled after a potato.

Ensol - Enceladus analog that is kind of greyish. It will have geysers like that eventually, when I figure out how. Will either use WIP EVE or Kopernicus.

Hypo - Hyperion analog. Since Hyperion looks like a sponge, why not make a cube moon that sort of looks like a kitchen sponge?

Tel - Titan analog that is the colors of titan reversed. Don't know what the ground will look like yet.

Any suggestions or comments are welcome! Please remember this will not slow down my main mod.

Changelog:

Version 0.1
-Initial Release

Edited by tygoo7

I'm gonna be honest, we now have 5 planet packs that add a Saturn analog, and 4 of them are stockalike.

Can't you do something else, like a Tyche analog?

Sorry to be a little rude but we need more planet packs with variety, like Chani and Other Worlds.

Edited by _Augustus_

I'm gonna be honest, we now have 5 planet packs that add a Saturn analog, and 4 of them are stockalike.

Or, even better, we just let everyone do their thing without being judgmental about it.

Finally a planet pack that adds only one planetary body!!!!!!! Woohoo!!! In all honesty if I were to download a planet pack all I would ever need is a single gas planet and nothing else. - as the only other planetary body that has a shot of entering the game is GP2. I think I'll considering this for a mod highlight video in the future... :D

- For a suggestion on it's placement around Kerbol, I suggest you put it in between the orbit of Jool and Eeloo, moving Eeloo farther out and placing it between them.

So quick messing around with the Kopernicus Expansion and I got this. It's procedural moving clouds. Not sure if I should keep it or not...

MHU3Xl2.png

Sorry to be a little rude but we need more planet packs with variety, like Chani and Other Worlds.

I am aware of all the Saturn analogs, but it doesn't hurt to have another one does it? Especially this one has different styles of moons at stuff.

Finally a planet pack that adds only one planetary body!!!!!!! Woohoo!!! In all honesty if I were to download a planet pack all I would ever need is a single gas planet and nothing else. - as the only other planetary body that has a shot of entering the game is GP2. I think I'll considering this for a mod highlight video in the future... :D

- For a suggestion on it's placement around Kerbol, I suggest you put it in between the orbit of Jool and Eeloo, moving Eeloo farther out and placing it between them.

Thanks! I might put that placement.

So quick messing around with the Kopernicus Expansion and I got this. It's procedural moving clouds. Not sure if I should keep it or not...

http://i.imgur.com/MHU3Xl2.png

You can edit the various properties (storm frequency, noise properties, etc.) using the ingame editor

Set the line mode = normal to mode = editor in the Settings.cfg file (found in GameData/KopernicusExpansion/Data/) to access the gas giant editor in the tracking station.

Proper config format for procedural gas giants:

Body
{
ScaledVersion
{
Material
{
texture = pathToScaledTexture
//... the rest of the properties ...
}
ProceduralGasGiant
{
generateRampFromScaledTexture = pathToScaledTexture
seed = <random number you set>
animated = true/false
hasStorms = true/false
cloudSpeed = <number above 0, I prefer 100>
distortion = <Distortion value from ingame editor>
frequency = <Frequency value from ingame editor>
gain = <Gain value from ingame editor>
lacunarity = <Lacunarity value from ingame editor>
stormFrequency = <_Storm Frequency value from ingame editor>
stormThreshold = <Storm Threshold value from ingame editor>
}
}
}

That config will generate the required color ramp automatically from the scaled material's texture.

Edited by MrHappyFace

One of the advantages of redundancy is that if you dont like one thing you can always find another.

So Hypo is pretty much done for now. Now to move on to Mobe since that seems like the second easiest.

dAyxpfN.png

You can edit the various properties (storm frequency, noise properties, etc.) using the ingame editor

Set the line mode = normal to mode = editor in the Settings.cfg file (found in GameData/KopernicusExpansion/Data/) to access the gas giant editor in the tracking station.

Proper config format for procedural gas giants:

Body
{
ScaledVersion
{
Material
{
texture = pathToScaledTexture
//... the rest of the properties ...
}
ProceduralGasGiant
{
generateRampFromScaledTexture = pathToScaledTexture
seed = <random number you set>
animated = true/false
hasStorms = true/false
cloudSpeed = <number above 0, I prefer 100>
distortion = <Distortion value from ingame editor>
frequency = <Frequency value from ingame editor>
gain = <Gain value from ingame editor>
lacunarity = <Lacunarity value from ingame editor>
stormFrequency = <_Storm Frequency value from ingame editor>
stormThreshold = <Storm Threshold value from ingame editor>
}
}
}

That config will generate the required color ramp automatically from the scaled material's texture.

Thanks! The editor seems really nifty so far!

Okay, I will hand-edit the files for this mod so I can put that cube around Sarnus...

O.O

This would be an interesting moon for Sarnus.

That looks so awesome! And like a block of cheese. ^-^

That it does. It was mostly made after a sponge, but I have a feeling that kerbals would want to bring some crackers with.

Okay, I will hand-edit the files for this mod so I can put that cube around Sarnus...

O.O

I'm gonna put it 'round Neidon if I were to change the location of a celestial object. Neidon currently has no moons and is a lonely little gas giant that no one wants or cares about.

What if Hypo is actually one big living organism like sponges are? That would be pretty interesting and give a cool reason to go there. I also wish Hypo was bouncy like a real sponge, but I know that would be really hard to do.

Very nice work so far dude, keep it up!

Thanks!

This mod looks epic! I'm so impatient for the release!

Don't hold your breath yet, I want to finish all moons before release. :)

What sits in an orbit between Ensol and Tel?

Hypo square moon!

Low-Grav and yellow and pot-marked as hell!

Hypo square moon!

If bodily nonsense is something you wish

(I forget the last line)

This made me laugh. Have some rep!

What if Hypo is actually one big living organism like sponges are? That would be pretty interesting and give a cool reason to go there. I also wish Hypo was bouncy like a real sponge, but I know that would be really hard to do.

That would be very interesting yet terrifying.

These planets so far look delightfully stockalike, and I shall likely be looking for ways to implement them into my New Horizons game when they are released.

Thanks! Glad I got it to look stockalike. :)

I have an idea for a moon: A moon about the size of Minmus, but with a 30km atmosphere with oxygen.

Also, maybe a moon 1/3 the size of Gilly?

Eh, maybe. I want to get the current plan done with biomes and science defs first.