Bloody_looser

[1.0.5] Supply backpack for USI Life Support

Recommended Posts

Your kerbals are starving? Engineer somehow dropped a screwdriver and it exploded? There's no way to deliver supplies to a starved vessel?

Then this pack is for you! Just hang it on a ship and your kerbals will suffer no more.

DPxpas0.png?1

Features:

- Small lightweight portable supply package.

- Does not require any tools to attach/detach.

- Contains 20 units of supplies and feeds one kerbal for around 18 days.

- Does not explode when dropped on the ground.

Mod requirements:

USI Life Support - obviously kinda

Kerbal Inventory System - for full functionality

Download link:

Download from SpaceDock

Licence:

CC 4.0 BY-SA-NC

Edited by Bloody_looser
Reuploaded it finally. Man, I'm lazy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/19/2016 at 3:38 PM, Beetlecat said:

I like it! Thanks for digging this up and the github link :)

I'm a bit lost... Is there a download link to the mod somewhere? All I see on the github link is the metadata referencing the mod on KerbalStuff... Not sure what to do with that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks!

I figured the main purpose of this was to deliver Supplies to Kerbals who have become grumpy and turned Tourist. But I guess that's irrelevant, because with USI-LS the way it is now I think all you have to do is bring another ship within range before Supplies are shared. Is that the change in functionality that you were referring to?

I'm trying to brainstorm other ideas. Right now Kerbals get a 1-day limit on EVA time. Perhaps instead of an actual pack of Supplies this could simply extend that limit? Not sure if that's doable... Probably would take more work, because I expect you have to interact with the USI-LS code instead of just provide a simple KIS part with resources in it. Might be neat to have something that let's my Kerbal EVA for an extra day though.

Also, Kerbals now consume 16.2 Supplies per day, so a pack of 20 is only good for about 1.2 days for one Kerbal. Might want to change that in the OP for now in any case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jofwu said:

I figured the main purpose of this was to deliver Supplies to Kerbals who have become grumpy and turned Tourist. But I guess that's irrelevant, because with USI-LS the way it is now I think all you have to do is bring another ship within range before Supplies are shared. Is that the change in functionality that you were referring to?

Kinda. But still, supplies won't appear on a ship in distress without some fiddling (or other USI mods, which I don't use) and the pack covers that.

1 hour ago, jofwu said:

I'm trying to brainstorm other ideas. Right now Kerbals get a 1-day limit on EVA time. Perhaps instead of an actual pack of Supplies this could simply extend that limit? Not sure if that's doable... Probably would take more work, because I expect you have to interact with the USI-LS code instead of just provide a simple KIS part with resources in it. Might be neat to have something that let's my Kerbal EVA for an extra day though.

Will look into that, though not quite sure if it's possible. Anyway, that'll require a new hi-tech part, fabric sack is not for EVA munching. :)

1 hour ago, jofwu said:

Also, Kerbals now consume 16.2 Supplies per day, so a pack of 20 is only good for about 1.2 days for one Kerbal. Might want to change that in the OP for now in any case.

Actually, it's the main issue. Currently USI LS is all about recycling and gardening.

My ideas are the following:

- Make fertilizer pack analogue.

- Make bigger (35-40) packs for fertilizer and supplies.

- Make portable converter (like space-grade plant pot) suitable for feeding one kerbal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought EVAd kerbals had EVA time abd didn't consume supplies... Perhaps I am misunderstanding, can somebody please clarify?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Bloody_looserI like your backpack, but I unfortunately play with TAC-LS, so I re-wrote the config to give it compatibility and added some KIS storage space. And I had such a grand old time doing that, I decided to um...expand your line of backpacks to include the entire functionality of KIS. Yeah.:mellow: It was at the point that I turned my attention to the Community Resource Pack and started seriously thinking (and indeed started to) make configs for separate backpacks for those resources, that I figured I better stop a moment and check to see if you're okay with this.

Your license is CC 4.0 BY-SA-NC which I believe does allow me to do this, but I'm more concerned with not stepping on your toes or stealing your thunder, as you expressed an interest in expanding your line up and this sort of overlaps that. My plan was to share the configs here, under the same license, giving credit to you naturally, because they use your backpack model and texture and I referenced your config (I would also likely credit the makers of KIS, due to the extensive usage of KIS modules).

Anyway, let me know your thoughts; can be either public or via PM.

Cheers.^_^

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/11/2016 at 4:42 AM, Deimos Rast said:

added some KIS storage space

That sounds AWESOME! Please make a note if you post these somewhere. Or even just the configs for others to copy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jack gamer said:

I know I may be like a noob, but where do I put the file?

nvm I got it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.