Kuzzter

A Thread for Writers to talk about Writing

3 hours ago, adsii1970 said:

This could be an easy one. The one faction already has the means to produce low Kerbin orbit (LKO) satellites for proper terrain mapping/surveying. In fact, it would be no stretch of imagination to say that things are in orbit around Kerbin. And if one can send things, then why not Kermen?

Then the second group, the small faction @DeltaDizzy mentions, could be doing just that - taking bits and pieces to construct a LKO craft to put someone in orbit! With the new launch facilities available from the expansion pack, it provides you the perfect "base" to have the other faction transport, assemble, and launch their Kermanned rocket. Could add some neat story elements...

Yes, about that...

I'm one of the "Why should I use MH when mods do it for free and I'm not really interested in missions" people and I don't really have 1.4 and I'm not planning to get it.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, DeltaDizzy said:

Yes, about that...

I'm one of the "Why should I use MH when mods do it for free and I'm not really interested in missions" people and I don't really have 1.4 and I'm not planning to get it.

Then use the mod that gives you launchpads as long as you have the stuff to make parts? It could be fun to turn the island airfield into a makeshift space center until they convince the "other" faction of the value of spaceflight.

And in full disclosure, I did buy the MH DLC just to have more parts and additional launch facilities... ;)

Edited by adsii1970

On 6/25/2018 at 3:49 PM, CatastrophicFailure said:

Now @Just Jim, IIRC you do have an ending to Emilio in mind, that you’re only kinda-sorta working towards and mostly enjoying the ride along the way, right?

That's about it... I do have an ending in mind, but I'm having too much fun writing, so I keep putting it off... 

Think of it like M*A*S*H... 

The TV series was 11 years long... but the actual Korean conflict was only 3 years.

So... I could finish Emiko in 3 years...... but lets try for 11... hehehe   :D

26 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

That's about it... I do have an ending in mind, but I'm having too much fun writing, so I keep putting it off... 

Think of it like M*A*S*H... 

The TV series was 11 years long... but the actual Korean conflict was only 3 years.

So... I could finish Emiko in 3 years...... but lets try for 11... hehehe   :D

Enjoy the ride and just let the characters tell the story... :D

On 6/26/2018 at 12:14 PM, adsii1970 said:

This could be an easy one. The one faction already has the means to produce low Kerbin orbit (LKO) satellites for proper terrain mapping/surveying. In fact, it would be no stretch of imagination to say that things are in orbit around Kerbin. And if one can send things, then why not Kermen?

When I said "exploration of kerbin", I meant they used more grounded methods, such as aerial surveys, boats, and ground expeditions. Right now, the story isn't necessarily set on Kerbin either. I made up a name for it, but one spaceflight starts happening(think a mid-Gemini level of related activity/flights), I'll rename it to the planet's actual name. As for which planet it is, let me just leave the story title as a hint...

Beyond the Dawn -- From Past the Sun to the Edge of Illusion