[WIP, 1.0.5] Stock Replacement Assets 0.4 [25 Feb]

hoojiwana

On 4/10/2016 at 3:41 PM, sharpspoonful said:

So, I'm getting texture fighting for some reason.

I just discovered that SDHI can cause both models to appear.  Deleting the SDHI MM patch that adds the Mk1-2 umbilical fixes the issue.

Not sure why, but in 1.1.2 the replacement looks aren't being loaded. I've tried this with a stock only install (removed all my mods), and deleted the Module Manager (2.6.22) self generated files too.  Is anyone else having this issue?

Peace.

7 minutes ago, theJesuit said:

Not sure why, but in 1.1.2 the replacement looks aren't being loaded. I've tried this with a stock only install (removed all my mods), and deleted the Module Manager (2.6.22) self generated files too.  Is anyone else having this issue?

Peace.

ModuleManager is at version 2.6.24.  Try updating it.

• 3 weeks later...

hey @hoojiwana I see you're around but possibly busy as there's been no activity here after you got around to some of your smaller mods. May I ask what you have planned for this one? I'll be rebooting KSA soon and I while I know I want to use this pack over Ven's I also want to be able to keep things consistent as my career progresses. So if you're planning any noticeable overhauls to textures I'd appreciate knowing which ones so I can plan accordingly. Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Will these overwrite KSPRC textures? And does it work with Windowshine?

--EDIT--

Nevermind, It looks beautiful even without wndowshine!

Edited by Andem

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

As Porkjet has quit Squad, will development of Stock Replacement Assets continue? The mod does work in Pre1.2 with the newly released 1.2 compatible ModuleManager. And since there is only one part conflict between the Rocket Part Revamp and Stock Replacement Assets (the Mk1 Command Pod) this is still a must-have mod for me.

EDIT: well...

jzOmOwJ.png

This is a problem. Actually I think it might even be a problem with the stock heatshield, but I haven't checked.

2L8bFGC.png

In order to fix it, it can be offset, but it does leave a disappointing gap.

Edited by GregroxMun

3 hours ago, GregroxMun said:

As Porkjet has quit Squad, will development of Stock Replacement Assets continue? The mod does work in Pre1.2 with the newly released 1.2 compatible ModuleManager. And since there is only one part conflict between the Rocket Part Revamp and Stock Replacement Assets (the Mk1 Command Pod) this is still a must-have mod for me.

EDIT: well...

*snip*

This is a problem. Actually I think it might even be a problem with the stock heatshield, but I haven't checked.

*is snipping rally necessary when you can close quotes like spoilers? I don't know, I haven't quoted enough people since last November*

In order to fix it, it can be offset, but it does leave a disappointing gap.

Yeah, I discovered that myself after messing around with these. It is kind of remarkable how accurate these parts were, they fit in so nicely with the new official porkjet parts! (other than the heatshield, of course, but that can probably be fixed.)

Come on, Hoojiwana, only YOU can FINISH what PorkJet started!

• 2 weeks later...

Given the design document SQUAD released showcasing the new rocket engine designs and the plan for toggle-able "tankbutts," I am really hoping a modder decides to take up what porkjet layed out there.

Assuming of course that porkjet's work is no longer in the plans for 1.3, that is.

If a modder ever does decide to take up the challenge, I am confident in Hoojiwana's ability, should he be that modder.

• 5 weeks later...
8 hours ago, PocketBrotector said:

Is anyone else experiencing the 2.5m separator go missing here? Doesn't appear in my VAB even in sandbox mode. A quick look at the config suggests that the mesh is being simply removed rather than replaced.

config looks fine, the % acts as an "add if absent or override if present" function, so it's inserting the model node. A model loading error should show in the log.

you planning on dusting off this mod? would be nice to see all of hoojiwana's stuff updated. This would require next to no work probably (all I saw was default action groups to be added).

really wish this pack was bigger though:(

6 hours ago, Deimos Rast said:

config looks fine, the % acts as an "add if absent or override if present" function, so it's inserting the model node. A model loading error should show in the log.

Yes, now that I compare it to the other decoupler configs in this mod, I can't actually see any difference. Nor can I see anything of interest in the log when the part is loaded. Still, it doesn't show up in the VAB - though if I delete the StockReplacementAssets config, it does show up normally...

As far as I can tell, the only other thing that's affected by recent versions of KSP is that the decoupler/heatshield thumbnails are screwy. Not sure what the fix would be there.

• 1 year later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.