With new Career, many many less contracts and records on offer.

Hi all,

I have a modded install of 1.0.4.

One of the mods I have been using is the contract configurator, with a number of the additional contract packs.

Recently, I decided to try the Interstellar mod, so I added this in and then started a new career.

But in this career, the contracts are few and far between - and there are none of the early awards for speed, distance, etc that there have been in the other careers I started. I am also not getting any contracts for testing parts, etc.

I was wondering if someone might have some ideas as to what I should look at to see if I can sort this out.

Regards,

Hi all,

I have a modded install of 1.0.4.

One of the mods I have been using is the contract configurator, with a number of the additional contract packs.

Recently, I decided to try the Interstellar mod, so I added this in and then started a new career.

But in this career, the contracts are few and far between - and there are none of the early awards for speed, distance, etc that there have been in the other careers I started. I am also not getting any contracts for testing parts, etc.

I was wondering if someone might have some ideas as to what I should look at to see if I can sort this out.

Regards,

One common cause of a messed up contract system is when the agent loading fails. The most common cause was either agent icons converted to DDS when they shouldn't be, or a bug in Texture Replacer that prevented the agent icons from being properly loaded. It's fixed in the latest version, so if you're using Texture Replacer, update it to the latest.

Otherwise, post up a log and I'll take a look.

One common cause of a messed up contract system is when the agent loading fails. The most common cause was either agent icons converted to DDS when they shouldn't be, or a bug in Texture Replacer that prevented the agent icons from being properly loaded. It's fixed in the latest version, so if you're using Texture Replacer, update it to the latest.

Other than that, please post a screenshot of your ContractPacks folder and your GameData folder.

According to CKAN (all of my mods have been installed using this), Texture Replacer is up to date - version 2.4.8

I did look back at my notes. Yesterday I added ISP-E, Active Texture Management, A number of the Astronomer items (clouds, etc.). It was after adding this set, and starting a new career, that I noticed the dearth of 'regular' contracts and records to achieve.

I will collect the logs and screen shots and post them.

No logs... that's all I really need to see.

@ nightinggale: Sorry - I mis-read your post above. I initially understood it to mean that you don't need the logs, that the screen shots were all you need to see. I then re-read it and realized that you meant the opposite.

That is a problem: My log file is 3,231,317 characters long.

The forum says I can only post up to 100,000 characters. It there a trick or work around for this? I was going to hide it with spoiler tags, but I am unenthusiastic about performing this copy, paste, tag routine 33 times.....

I can try again to post the entire log, but I don't think the forum will accept it.

Edited by Major SNAFU

That is a relief. My log file is 3,231,317 characters long.

The forum says I can only post up to 100,000 characters. It there a trick or work around for this? I was going to hide it with spoiler tags, but I am unenthusiastic about performing this copy, paste, tag routine 33 times.....

Sorry, I meant "your post has no logs, the logs are what I really need to see." :)

Try Dropbox, Google Drive, or Pastebin (although I believe it has a limit).

<Major SNAFU PM'd me a log>

I had a look and everything looks okay. What I do see is that one of the contract packs is disabling the stock record contracts (and presumably replacing with its own). From the ones you have loaded I think that it's InitialContracts (from SETI, I think) and Spacetux that *both* do that. Not sure why I don't see any contracts otherwise being offered, although it could simply be that there aren't any available.

You can try removing either/both of those two contract packs and see if it changes anything.

<Major SNAFU PM'd me a log>

I had a look and everything looks okay. What I do see is that one of the contract packs is disabling the stock record contracts (and presumably replacing with its own). From the ones you have loaded I think that it's InitialContracts (from SETI, I think) and Spacetux that *both* do that. Not sure why I don't see any contracts otherwise being offered, although it could simply be that there aren't any available.

You can try removing either/both of those two contract packs and see if it changes anything.

Ah, I thought you might have SETIcontracts, but I forgot that I deactivated the record contracts for "InitialContracts" as well.

Besides the record contracts, I think you need to reach space for KSP to unlock the procecurally generated contracts.

I would prefer it if you only need to fulfill eg one contract for the procedural ones to show up. But I do not know of a way to change that.

So you just need to shoot any vessel beyond 70k altitude and new contracts should pop up.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.