What brand of GPU do you use to play KSP?

Red Iron Crown

What brand of GPU do you use most often to play KSP?  

402 members have voted

1. 1. What brand of GPU do you use most often to play KSP?

• AMD
    • Intel
    • NVidia
    • Other

I've used AMD on my old computer (laptop with mobility radeon) and now am using nVidia on my current desktop. It still sucks, though... It's an old GTS450 but still it's a great upgrade from what I've had...

Since AMD has poor support for linux, I stick with NVidia.

You really should try the open source drivers for the AMDs! AMD has increased its driver support by directly supporting the community, not as nvidia, making mediocre closed source drivers and not release any specs for their cards.

You really should try the open source drivers for the AMDs! AMD has increased its driver support by directly supporting the community, not as nvidia, making mediocre closed source drivers and not release any specs for their cards.

No thanks. :D

I recently made an offhand remark that nVidia users are a minority of the KSP playerbase, assuming that Intel+AMD+Others are more than 50%. A couple of the other moderators called me on the assumption and asked me to provide real data. So here is a totally statistically significant poll to see just what everyone is using.

Please answer with the GPU brand used in your machine that you most often use to play KSP. If it is has more than one GPU brand (like some laptops with Intel+discrete GPU), please vote for the one used when playing KSP most often.

Proactive edit: Please do not turn this into a fanboy flamewar about which brand is better. Each of them can be good choices at different points of the price/performance curve, let's leave it at that.

I have the GeForce GT 720 in my tower sporting the i7-4790 at 3.6 Ghz, with windows 7 professional 64 bit, and the GeForce GTX950M in my laptop along with the i7-4720HQ, running 64 bit Windows X.

My newer laptop, the MSI Leopard GP70, is much smoother than my tower, and I get as much as 84 frames/sec.

I'm using a WUXGA monitor (1920 x 1200) with the tower, and FHD (1920 x 1080) on the laptop.

Intel HD Graphics 4000

- - - Updated - - -

Intel HD Graphics 4000! Go Team Blue!

Hey, snap. I think we're the only two who have commented with that graphics card!

- - - Updated - - -

Also, when making videos, is it normal for videos to take longer to save/render than the length of the actual video? Mine does that.

- - - Updated - - -

"Updated" because why not?

Intel HD Graphics 4000

- - - Updated - - -

Hey, snap. I think we're the only two who have commented with that graphics card!

- - - Updated - - -

Also, when making videos, is it normal for videos to take longer to save/render than the length of the actual video? Mine does that.

- - - Updated - - -

"Updated" because why not?

Nope, you guys are not alone.

Intel HD Graphics 4000 here, too.

Go, laptop, go!

*3fps*

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.