The Highly Educated KSP Player - legends in our own minds? (Updated OP 16 January 2018)

adsii1970

On 2/3/2017 at 10:47 AM, adsii1970 said:

@adsii1970

@Talavar:  Added to "Those who are currently attending..." category. He's done a lot in his life and I'm encouraged by his efforts!

Been a while since I was last here. thanks for the pat on the back. :) It pays to live a long life. Nobody knows for sure what adventure comes next, so you might as well do all you can while you can! One thing I've learned, it doesn't pay to worry. Worrying just slows you down. My grandfather said long ago, while I was trying to catch up on my bills and was going crazy trying to make ends meet..... He said "Don't worry about it. You're here, you do what you can, then you die. So why worry?" Bizarrely enough, he died the next day... but, He was right..... Don't worry.. You'll eventually reach wherever you all are trying to get to.. All you have to do is keep walking.

Edited by Talavar

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, adsii1970 said:

Yup, but what are your dreams... where do you want to do when you're "grown up"?

I'm thinking about either a career in science(probably chemistry) or in props/model making. Both seem like fun.

Still in the middle school, in a private school in Moscow region.

Planning to go to the UMT (Upravleniue Morskim Transportom) (eng: Operating Naval Vehicles). 

(7th grade ;.;, I definitely won't be a pilot, engineer or scientist, too dumb to be cool)

And I actually worked once, I was cleaning the deck of a 53 meter yacht, for money of course.

Edited by cratercracker

1 hour ago, ModerndayLink64 said:

I am interested in Possibly being an engineer at NASA 

You might be able to start being an engineer now! All you have to do is start building contraptions. This summer I want to build the instruments from the Animusic track "Starship Groove" so I can actually play them, and I might start on a cool spacesuit costume I want by Halloween after I finish that. In order to save time and energy, I want to install the infrastructure in my grandma's lawn (basically just a wire around the perimeter) for a robotic lawnmower that's been sitting in the garage for years so I don't have to mow it every week.

Hi guys!

I made my Abitur (equivalent of a high school degree) in 2012.

Now, I'm studying physics and chemistry and want to become a teacher. Due to a change in subject and side-jobs I had, I won't be finished until 2020 or thereabouts.

My university: Universität des Saarlandes in Germany

5 hours ago, Benjamin Kerman said:

High school here. Looking to be an astronaut, aerospace engineer, or physicist.

Why not all three? I want to be an astronaut, aerospace engineer, musical engineer, musician, and entomologist.

3 minutes ago, cubinator said:

Why not all three? I want to be an astronaut, aerospace engineer, musical engineer, musician, and entomologist.

I would like to be the first human to play the bagpipes on Mars... :D

Oh, I will be updating the OP of this page next week.TM

Bachelor's of Science in Biology as of 2013.

Currently pursuing a PhD in Biochemistry*, expected graduation 2018.

*With a focus on simulations of biological macromolecules: to those who know what this means, basically molecular dynamics and extensions of the concept such as alchemical free energy simulations.

On 10/06/2017 at 0:03 AM, ModerndayLink64 said:

Still In 7th grade :/

Same here. Well, I live in the Uk, So it's not called that, but google thinks we are a similar age. I'd like to do something with engineering, possibly Aerospace. The only 2020 vision I have is the vision of me, still at school, in 2020. So no piloting there, not that it is something I'd particularly like to do as a job. Currently I've been starting out on making an RC plane with a friend, who is also interested in engineering and better than me at it :P The motors and such seem expensive, so we'll try not to break them

Something musk-y would be interesting to do...I just need an idea...

Not sure if I'm smart enough to be an engineer really. I'm not good at revising for or doing tests, but I'm still considered by most in my class as 'smart' (I think). Hopefully by the time I get to my GCSEs I'll realise I have to actually revise and work hard to get good results :rolleyes:

I have fun at school though, so I don't mind waiting to get to the real world

BA in History. Not doing anything at all related with it, since the economy here in the US tanked when I was halfway through school (got my degree 2009). Currently doing technical product support and dealer support for a major firearms retailer/wholesaler/manufacturer.

1 hour ago, PanzerAce said:

BA in History. Not doing anything at all related with it, since the economy here in the US tanked when I was halfway through school (got my degree 2009). Currently doing technical product support and dealer support for a major firearms retailer/wholesaler/manufacturer.

Can you let us know the university? It helps me maintain the OP... :D

On 17.06.2017 at 1:47 AM, adsii1970 said:

I would like to be the first human to play the bagpipes on Mars... :D

Oh, I will be updating the OP of this page next week.TM

I would like not to kill myself until I am 40 :D.

(sounds depressing, huh?)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm currently still in school, but I want to be either a fighter pilot or in the special forces in my home country, and I want to get my BA, MA, and PhD in aerospace engineering. I want to continue working as a fighter pilot during and after college because I want to gain more flight experience. My dream is to be an astronaut, so I will apply after university. However, let's face it, the odds of me being an astronaut are so slim that I'll probably end up being an aerospace engineer, which is fine too, but I can try.

Edited by Sayeret_1711

BSc in Engineering (Ord), Aeronautical Engineering, University of Glasgow, 2004

BSc (Hons) in Software Engineering, University of Glasgow, 2004

Private pilot licence, wanted to take it further, but, life...

Edited by S4qFBxkFFg
dates