[1.8-1.12] Kethane Plugin and Parts 0.11.0 - Now with background scanning.

taniwha

1 minute ago, Fireheart318 said:

I'm not sure if something corrupted or not but all the planets are covered in "unknown item meagenta".  Is this normal? I'm going to redownload the mod but want to keep my current rolls for kethane deposits. How would I do that?

You're joking right? This was literally dealt with on the previous page.

55 minutes ago, Kerbinidiel said:

hi,

here the same problem with pink kerbin

pinkKerbin.png

but deleting the two files "kethane-linux.ksp" "kethane-macosx.ksp" now it works good (i play ksp under win10)

thanks for the help community!

Feels like this fix needs to be on the front page or a code change that checks to see what the game is running on....

Edited by seanth

On ۱۳۹۵/۱۰/۲۰ ه‍.ش. at 8:00 AM, taniwha said:

The assemblies are loaded automatically, so it would take a slightly deeper change (I had hoped things would work automagically, but I guess no magic for me).

if you used preprocessor directives, they will be dropped at build time. I didn't look into your code, but is there any api in unity other than the directives to check for the os? (here i am assuming that we are talking about dll but i know it's not the case so.... don't blame me on lack of knowledge on my side :wink: )

It's deeper than even that: I rigged the assemblies so KSP would load them automatically.

The problem is KSP always loads the linux one first (file name sorting) and that precludes the others being loaded as they claim to be the same assembly (as far as Unity is concerned).

Also, I will not use compiler directives, because then I would need to have three dlls as well as three assemblies. I'd far rather get complains of pink hex-grids than complains of the wrong dll being loaded, or worse, all three.

4 hours ago, taniwha said:

It's deeper than even that: I rigged the assemblies so KSP would load them automatically.

The problem is KSP always loads the linux one first (file name sorting) and that precludes the others being loaded as they claim to be the same assembly (as far as Unity is concerned).

Also, I will not use compiler directives, because then I would need to have three dlls as well as three assemblies. I'd far rather get complains of pink hex-grids than complains of the wrong dll being loaded, or worse, all three.

totally agreed with hex greed being a better choice on bug report. well, i removed the linux and osx ones but now : http://prntscr.com/dtuowi

no grid shows up at all. did i miss something? it's long time that i didn't use kethane. if i remember right i just needed this? http://prntscr.com/dtupix

also i don't hear any scan tone? by the way, the sat is sitting close to 300 km

sigh, i totally forgot that the sat needed to be bellow 250Km now it works like charm. thanks man

Edited by Jiraiyah

Not yet. I haven't had a chance to look into doing it. But you rarely need 100% coverage. Generally, one local "day" is sufficient to get a pretty good idea of where the deposits are. Also, generally you can warp at 1000x (having two detectors running works well) so it usually takes only a few minutes real-time.

That said, I very much understand the problems with running a busy program.

Edited by taniwha

Can you just not let KSP load the bundles? Remove the .ksp file extension and KSP will ignore it, then you can just manually load (using AssetBundle.LoadFromFile) whichever bundle is needed based on the environment. It's simple to do, I'm just not sure exactly what is needed to handle shaders vs prefabs, sprites, or other GameObjects.

I have a kethane probe orbiting polar around Duna. It functions well until I go back to Kerbin, do stuff, come back, and it's like no progress has been made. It continues to scan from where it is currently above. Am I the only one having issues with this? Is there a workaround?

3 minutes ago, taniwha said:

@Agustin: that's how it is for everyone.

Oh ok. IT,s just a problem in this case because i have no fuel left and I am so close to the planet that I can on,y timewarp x50 which isnt much and It takes too long to scan all the planet but well, from now on I,ll be more carefull. Thanks for the quick response

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 13/03/2017 at 6:19 AM, jimmyjack said:

I actually deleted them, should I not?

You should My next question is which ones did you delete? (or easier, which one remains?) You did keep the windows one, right? (I checked your screenshot for that)