[1.8-1.12] Kethane Plugin and Parts 0.11.0 - Now with background scanning.

taniwha

No worries. Really, I should take that old drill out entirely, but I worry that someone might return from a very long break and have trouble loading old designs (but then again, are .craft files that old loadable?)

8 hours ago, taniwha said:

It is a bit rough, but at least the licensing on all the relevant code (both Kethane itself and the geodesic grid) are under a useful license. Kethane has been around for a very long time, longer even than explicit licenses have been required for posting mods on the forums. When the requirement came in, ARR licenses were the norm rather than the exception (and having no license means ARR).

What are the chances of recruiting a modeler to kethane-alike remake existing models to replace the existing ones with more permissive licenses. I am certainly not skilled enough to do this, but maybe there is enough kethane love to get a volunteer.

It's really too bad about the licenses. Kethane was literally the only ISRU mod when I started playing and I still prefer the scanning and mining mechanics to the stock version.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, BirchMonkey857 said:

So, all of the hexes are showing up as pink. Is this a known bug? If so, where should I report it/how should I fix it? I've scanned probably everywhere on Kerbin, the Mun, and Minmus.

Yea so as I said one page back, the answer/fix is all over this thread.  Take a minute and read back a page and you'll find it.

9 hours ago, goldenpsp said:

Yea so as I said one page back, the answer/fix is all over this thread.  Take a minute and read back a page and you'll find it.

you could just put that at the very start, or just put three separate versions (mac, linux and windows) so it's much easier. But thanks, I just didn't get what it meant until I looked again.

32 minutes ago, BirchMonkey857 said:

you could just put that at the very start, or just put three separate versions (mac, linux and windows) so it's much easier. But thanks, I just didn't get what it meant until I looked again.

Mods are a volunteer effort. Thus, really, they are also a self-help thing. Doesn't mean we're not willing to help, but putting in a bit of effort on your part goes a long way to modders being more willing to help.

1 hour ago, taniwha said:

Mods are a volunteer effort. Thus, really, they are also a self-help thing. Doesn't mean we're not willing to help, but putting in a bit of effort on your part goes a long way to modders being more willing to help.

sorry about being a bit snappish. I've just had some troubles getting this to work (windows 10 kept crashing, but nothing to do with the mod).

6 hours ago, BirchMonkey857 said:

sorry about being a bit snappish. I've just had some troubles getting this to work (windows 10 kept crashing, but nothing to do with the mod).

Yeah, understandable. I long ago learned to not post when feeling snappish. Quite often I'll write out a snappish reply, then hit cancel instead of send. I get to be snappish and thus feel better, but don't upset anyone in the process :).

While fixing the shader issue is on my todo list, it is rather low priority because the workaround is so easy.

• 3 weeks later...

So I made an account to show you this, a bug with the kethane grid overlay.. it shows up as solid pink...

aand I should have read the thread first, since it seems I was just being dumb :P  let's see if I can fix it now..

xZ8jxoP.png

Is there any type of log I can give you?  I could even send you my install, to see if it's computer specific.

Edited by jimmychanga
should have read the thread first

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/25/2017 at 10:08 PM, jimmychanga said:

So I made an account to show you this, a bug with the kethane grid overlay.. it shows up as solid pink...

aand I should have read the thread first, since it seems I was just being dumb :P  let's see if I can fix it now..

Hide contents

xZ8jxoP.png

Is there any type of log I can give you?  I could even send you my install, to see if it's computer specific.

Hello there, and welcome.

This is/was a known thing. You need to go into the kethane file, there you will find three documents one labeled mac, one linux and the final one something like windows/pc (I can't remember which. Delete all bar the relevant one for your system and that should fix it.

21 hours ago, msnbcorp said:

Hi, have you some plans to migrate to 1.3 (does it workds ?), lot of my mods have done the trip and i really can't live without kethane :P

I'm not sure of an estimate for an update to KSP v1.3, but I do know the current version of Kethane Mining is causing KSP v1.3 to crash during the game loading process, at least for me. Hopefully an update is in progress, because I too really enjoy using Kethane Mining.

On 6/12/2017 at 8:21 PM, taniwha said:

An update should come fairly soon. I just got home from an emergency trip to Australia to see my dad, so I was rather not  in a situation to do much KSP modding for two weeks.

Understand, thanks for the update. Hopefully all is well for you and your family.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, Alexsudo92 said:

Hello, i recompile kethane for ksp 1.3 with sources from github and replace .dlls in release version, but i have bug. Grid is pink.

Hide contents

wknqTMu.png

Read back, pink grid issue is all over this thread.

23 hours ago, Alexsudo92 said:

Hello, i recompile kethane for ksp 1.3 with sources from github and replace .dlls in release version, but i have bug. Grid is pink.

Reveal hidden contents

wknqTMu.png

Known problem: 

Edited by seanth

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 4:23 PM, taniwha said:

Actually, it's  pretty much ready. Just need to put some polish onto a new feature (kerbnet access).

So if I compile the mod properly, it should otherwise work fine, correct? Also, is the old radial drill still fully present other than the model, and properly functional if enabled/provided said model?

Edited by Ogamaga
clarification

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.