[1.8-1.12] Kethane Plugin and Parts 0.11.0 - Now with background scanning.

taniwha

@taniwha My main 1.8.1 folder has 64 other mods all installed and living together very happily with zero errors.

For testing, I just created a new vanilla folder for a clean1.8.1 install.

With 1.8.1 and Kethane only, I get the error message that Kethane is incompatible with 1.8.1, however the games starts correctly and the assets are correctly displayed.

With MH 1.8.1 installed, I get the same result, then with with MH + BG 1.3.1 installed, I also get the same result which is as per your findings. 

It seems that despite the incompatibility message, Kethane can work on the vanilla game.  However, it is not capable of co-existing with my other mods.  Unfortunately, since it is being outvoted at 64 working mods to 1 non-working mod, then it seems I won't be using it. 

Since the Kethane error message is occurring on the vanilla install, then as a lay person I'd have to assume that the fault lies somewhere in Kethane.  Sorry, I don't have the time or inclination to filter through all my mods one at a time to find where the conflict is, but if there is a start-up log file I can send you to help you troubleshoot your mod, please let me know.

If it helps, here is my mod list.

Flight Manager for Reusable Stages (FMRS) Continued (FMRSContinued 1.2.9.1)
[x] Science! Continued (xScienceContinued 5.23)
6 Crew Science Lab (SixCrewScienceLab 1.1)
6 Seat Mk3 Cockpit (SixSeatMk3cockpit 1.1)
Action Group Manager Renewed (ActionGroupManager 1:2.2.6)
AnyRes Continued (AnyResContinued 2.0.3.3)
Astrogator (Astrogator v0.10.0)
AT Utils (AT-Utils v1.9.0)
AtmosphereAutopilot (Fly-By-Wire) (AtmosphereAutopilot v1.5.16)
Aviation Lights (AviationLights 1:v4.1.0)
B9 Part Switch (B9PartSwitch v2.14.0)
Better Order of Parts: Numbered  (BOPN) (BOPN 1.1)
BetterBurnTime (BetterBurnTime 1.10)
Camera Tools (CameraTools v1.13.0)
ClickThrough Blocker (ClickThroughBlocker 0.1.9.5)
Community Category Kit (CommunityCategoryKit 5.0.0.0)
Community Resource Pack (CommunityResourcePack 1.3.0.0)
Community Trait Icons (CommunityTraitIcons v1.1.1)
Configurable Containers (ConfigurableContainers 2.4.8)
Configurable Containers Core (ConfigurableContainers-Core 2.4.8)
Dated QuickSaves (DatedQuickSaves 1.2.4.2)
Dock Rotate (DockRotate v1.8.1.41)
Docking Cam (DockingCamKURS 1.3.7.2)
Docking Port Alignment Indicator (DockingPortAlignmentIndicator 6.8.6)
Docking Port Sound FX (DockingPortSoundFX v2.1.12)
Draggable Altimeter (DraggableAltimeter v1.0.12)
Draggable Navball (DraggableNavball v1.0.12)
Easy Vessel Switch (EVS) (EasyVesselSwitch 2.1)
EditorTime (EditorTime KSP1.4.1)
Engine Lighting Relit (EngineLightRelit 1.6.2.3)
EVA Struts (EVAStruts 6.0)
EVA Transfer (EVATransfer 9.0)
Extraplanetary Launchpads (ExtraPlanetaryLaunchpads 6.7.2.0)
Feline Utility Rovers (FelineUtilityRovers 1.2.10)
Flexible Docking (FlexibleDocking 8.0)
GravityTurn Continued (GravityTurnContinued 3:1.8.0.3)
HyperEdit (HyperEdit 1.5.8.0)
Improved and Updated Chase Camera (ImprovedUpdatedChaseCam 1.6.4)
Kerbal Alarm Clock (KerbalAlarmClock v3.12.0.0)
Kerbal Attachment System (KAS 1.5)
Kerbal Engineer Redux (KerbalEngineerRedux 1.1.7.1)
Kerbal Inventory System (KIS 1.24)
Kerbal Joint Reinforcement Continued (KerbalJointReinforcementContinued v3.5.1)
Kerbal Planetary Base Systems (KerbalPlanetaryBaseSystems v1.6.11)
Kerbal Stats (KerbalStats 3.1.0)
Kramax Autopilot Continued (KramaxAutopilotContinued 0.4.0)
Kronal Vessel Viewer Continued (KVVContinued 0.1.1)
KSP AVC (KSP-AVC 1.4.1.4)
MagiCore (MagiCore 1.3.2.3)
Maneuver Queue (ManeuverQueue 0.5.0)
MechJeb 2 (MechJeb2 2.9.2.0)
MechJeb and Engineer for all! (MechJebForAll 1.3.0.6)
Module Manager (ModuleManager 4.1.3)
Navball Docking Alignment Indicator CE-2 (NavballDockAlignIndCE 1.1.0)
Patch Manager (PatchManager 0.0.17.1)
Portrait Stats (PortraitStats 18.0)
Precise Maneuver (PreciseManeuver 2:2.4.4)
Procedural Fairings (ProceduralFairings 1:v1.8.1)
RecoveryController (RecoveryController 0.0.4)
ReStock (ReStock 1.0.3)
ReStock Extra - Rigid Legs (RestockRigidLegs 1.0.3)
ReStock+ (ReStockPlus 1.0.3)
SCANsat (SCANsat v18.14)
Science Relay (ScienceRelay 6.0)
Smart Parts (SmartParts 1.9.16)
StageRecovery (StageRecovery 1.9.2.2)
Superfluous Nodes (SuperfluousNodes 0.6)
Surface Mounted Lights (surfacelights 1.15)
TAC Fuel Balancer (TacFuelBalancer v2.21.5.1)
Throttle Controlled Avionics (ThrottleControlledAvionics v3.6.1)
Toolbar (Toolbar 1:1.8.0.5)
Toolbar Controller (ToolbarController 1:0.1.9.4)
Trajectories (Trajectories v2.3.1)
Transfer Window Planner (TransferWindowPlanner v1.7.2.0)
unBlur (unBlur v0.5.0)
VaporVent (VaporVent 1.1.10)
WorldStabilizer (WorldStabilizer 0.9.7-ksp-1.8.1)
Zero MiniAVC (ZeroMiniAVC 1:1.1.0.1)

Edited by archiebald

That message box comes from mods, it is NOT a stock KSP thing. I actually have a very strong suspicion as to which mod is blocking the load, but I currently have no proof, so won't say which (but the hint is it's probably the reason you're still on 1.8.1, and I know of only one such mod)

@taniwha Please see my previous post, I added my full mod list just in case it helps your troubleshooting

I'm still on 1.8.1 because of three reasons.  1) the 1.9.1 planet textures suck 2) Scatterer is not yet available to fix the awful textures, 3) Several other mods are still not updated.

I'm confused by this, "That message box comes from mods, it is NOT a stock KSP thing"

The error message box I mentioned is happening on a VANILLA install of 1.8.1 with only Kethan added.

@taniwhaIf you have a suspicion of which mod it is, please tell me.  If it only a matter of testing one conflict, then I can do it for confirmation....just don't have time to test all 64.

2 hours ago, archiebald said:

During loading, an error box comes up which you can clear, but then at the end of the loading sequence, the message in white text at the bottom of the screen says;

Mod(s) DLL that are not compatible with this version of KSP

1.0.7092.28523 GameData\Kethane\Plugins\Kethane.dll

A text search for the error turns up this from ModuleManager:

Looks like that was added in November 2019.

Thank you for the list. Interestingly, the mod I suspected is NOT in there, so I'm glad I didn't go naming names.

And yes, that message box will be there with just stock KSP (no DLC) and kethane, because kethane itself pops up that box. The problem is that some other mod has been coded to pop up the same list (dll magic sorted out a few years ago), but 1) that mod gets to pop up the list rather than kethane, 2) that mod has decided that any mod that says "dunno" means that the game must not load.

As for how to find the mod: bisect your mods.

1. remove half your mods (eg, starting with A-M)
  2. test:
    1. if test passes, add half the mods that are currently still removed
    2. if test fails, remove another half of your mods (eg, N-T) (or, in later steps, half the mods you just added)
    3. repeat

It's tedious, but it works (and is a lot less tedious than doing it one by one)

However...

Thanks @HebaruSan. I'll just have to fix Kethane's check (was going to anyway, but I wanted to know what mod was causing the problem so I could say "now works with...")

• 1 month later...

So I had purple squares and an error about the shaders, and saw that you may be working on that. When i use the dl provided it doesn't seem to have the particles disabled. I did find a workaround that will remove the squares but has no textures. in the part.cfg "Particles/Additive" was the 2017 path, since the change it is now mapped under legacy shaders. To remove the texture error changing it to "Legacy Shaders/Particles/Additive" removes the error but like i said no particle effects. It looks like all that is needed is creating a empty and making the particles a prefab then spawn the particles on the empty. Making the particle shouldn't be too hard, all the particle specs are in the cfg's, just some translation required.  

Now I pulled apart the models and realized there are alot more animations than i realized existed. Now, in an effort to save myself from remapping the anims, I noticed there is a Git, but seems like it is way out of date, I also saw you were more focused on something else. Is there a place like git I could help collab with the particles? I also have a discord Vextryyn#5252 if you want to DM me. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/13/2020 at 10:04 AM, AlduinTheWorldEater said:

So, the Hexgrid isn't showing up in my game. Am I supposed to download the Hexgrid from somewhere else?

For me too. It doesnt matter if I have mods installed or not.

Edit: Tried it for both KSP 1.8.1 and 1.9.1

Edited by Yurif

On 8/17/2020 at 7:34 AM, taniwha said:

!) does the grid show in the main menu?

2) did you turn it on? (I don't remember the default state)

1) no it doesnt show 

2) In the Game yes it says it is activated i can hover over the different tiles but i dont see their borders or any Hex structure. I tried it with changing the settings.cfg 

Debug = True
ScanningSound = True    
ShowOverlay = True
WindowLeft = 1389
WindowTop = 68

that too didnt work.

I took a screenshot inside the Tracking Station and uploaded it to my mediafire account

http://www.mediafire.com/file/4cycrlrrv08uk3n/file

any help is appreciated :D

Edited by Yurif

• 1 month later...

@adriangm44 There are quite a few possibilities. Are you using the correct drills? (kethane, not stock). Is the working end in the ground? Do you have sufficient EC? Is the drill in a deposit hex? Has the deposit been drained? Is the container correct (holds kethane) and on the same vessel as the drill?

It is actually quite possible for a vessel to be right on the edge of a hex such that the vessel is "in", but the drill is "out" (and thus no draw).

Unfortunately, the particle feedback isn't working yet (I am working on it, though, and have it going, but it has a few issues I need to fix before release).

On 9/20/2020 at 2:50 AM, taniwha said:

@adriangm44 There are quite a few possibilities. Are you using the correct drills? (kethane, not stock). Is the working end in the ground? Do you have sufficient EC? Is the drill in a deposit hex? Has the deposit been drained? Is the container correct (holds kethane) and on the same vessel as the drill?

It is actually quite possible for a vessel to be right on the edge of a hex such that the vessel is "in", but the drill is "out" (and thus no draw).

Unfortunately, the particle feedback isn't working yet (I am working on it, though, and have it going, but it has a few issues I need to fix before release).

Any update on the missing Hex grid ? Could it be that some mod is interfering with Kethane or do I have to download something so that the grid is working. I made an imgur account to upload my picture i took with the missing grid. I hope you can help me because I love this mod. 

Picture Post: https://imgur.com/a/sDGkvOZ 

7 hours ago, taniwha said:

@Yurif logs would help. All I can think of at this stage is make sure you have only kethate.ksp in your GameData/Kethane, no kethane-[os].ksp files.

I just looked in my Gamdata/Kethane folder and there are only ksp-linux.ksp, kethane-macosx.ksp and kethane-windows.ksp files and no kethane.ksp. My OS is Windows 10 so should i just rename the kethane-windows.ksp or where do i find the kethane.ksp file. Thanks for the fast reply, also which logs would you need.

Edit: I renamed the kethane-windows.ksp to kethane.ksp and deleted the other 2 files and its working now only issue now is that the Hexes are full purple but I think you are already working on that and thanks for the help :D

Edited by Yurif

Oh, sorry, that's a post-0.10.3 fix that I haven't released yet. OK, since you have three files, delete the two that are not relevant for your OS (which you've sort of done), but do not rename the file (so put it back to kethane-windows.ksp). If that doesn't fix it, yeah, you'll have to wait until I get particles going (just a couple bugs in my custom emitter).

1 hour ago, taniwha said:

Oh, sorry, that's a post-0.10.3 fix that I haven't released yet. OK, since you have three files, delete the two that are not relevant for your OS (which you've sort of done), but do not rename the file (so put it back to kethane-windows.ksp). If that doesn't fix it, yeah, you'll have to wait until I get particles going (just a couple bugs in my custom emitter).

So after renaming it back to kethane-windows.ksp the Hex Grid isn't showing again so I guess I am just waiting patiently for the update. Thanks for the help again and keep up the good work :)

• 9 months later...
  • 11 months later...

I have released version 0.11.0 of Kethane. Built against KSP 1.9, tested in 1.12.

Changes from 0.10.3:

• Don't request drills on a station.
  • Update particle system to use shuriken (ie, particles are back).

There are some minor niggles with particles: sometimes they're emitted in an unexpected direction, and taking off from an active site will cause the particle system to follow the ship. However, I figured it's better to get a release out for those who still enjoy Kethane.

3 hours ago, taniwha said:

I have released version 0.11.0 of Kethane. Built against KSP 1.9, tested in 1.12.

Changes from 0.10.3:

• Don't request drills on a station.
  • Update particle system to use shuriken (ie, particles are back).

There are some minor niggles with particles: sometimes they're emitted in an unexpected direction, and taking off from an active site will cause the particle system to follow the ship. However, I figured it's better to get a release out for those who still enjoy Kethane.

Thanks taniwha! I'm one of the people who still use this mod

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.