Any way to rescue my game save?

So im a sad panda ladies and gentlemen. A game save ive been working on for several months now may have finally bit the big one. Had a hard crash and after I reloaded the game I found that when clicking on my save nothing happened. I looked in the logs and found this.

at Game.Start () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at MainMenu.ConfirmLoadGame () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at MainMenu.DrawLoadGame (Int32 id) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (Int32 windowID) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Heres the entirety of the logs.Output_Log KSP_Log.

Ill provide a mod list asap its on my other pc.

So... what of it? Is there anything that I can do before writing off months of work? Its strange when I opened up my gamesaves I found these bizarre persistent files. A dozen or so id say. I forget their names exactly. Something like KUBAC.persistent. Not sure where they came from. Alarmclock maybe. But I deleted them so I only had the regular persistent file. No change.

Edited by Motokid600

Your ROSTER node has been nuked.

Maybe if you manually created a blank one in the save file it might load, but any manned ships would probably be unmanned. At best

Don't you have a quicksave file in there? If so, copy it to persistent.sfs

If you have no quicksave (because... why?) then undelete those 'KUBAC' files and pick the most recent one and copy it to persistent.sfs. I have no idea what mod generated them, but it was probably created as a backup to your persistence files so nuking them (especially when your persistence file isn't loading) is rather bizarre.

If you can't undelete them then, I'd say you just shot yourself in the foot. Go bandage yourself and start a new game.

EDIT: FYI, your player.log file had a complete list of all your mods; including it separately isn't really necessary.

Edited by Starwaster

Thanks for that Starwaster ill give it a shot. I still have them in the trash bin along with a quicksave so I should be good.

Roster as in... My roster of kerbals? Strange. Well if renaming the quicksave to persistent ( which is what I'm assuming when you say copy it ) doesn't work I'll try that Roster trick. I don't have any manned craft to begin with. And thats good to know about the mod lists. Could've saved alot of time if I knew that earlier.

And thats good to know about the mod lists. Could've saved alot of time if I knew that earlier.

Yeah that's what's so great about that file (player.log/output_log.txt) is it tells you about every dll loading in, what version it is, whether it failed to load in, etc. I also find ModuleManager.ConfigCache to be very useful in combination. Tells you what the final result of all the configs was on a part.

Oh I see I'll be sure to include that next time. I've yet to try to fix my savegame issue I'm going to tackle that a little later and I'll let u know. I got the save files all restored so well see. ( Trying to do this in the middle of a move so things are hectic and I'll tell ya knowing my kerbal isn't running good is the worst part )

Needs ma kerbals. Stress just shoots out of me when I'm playing.

Edit: Thangs again Starwaster. Bullet dodged. Renaming the quicksave worked. And just so you know I screwed up on your rep comment :P

Edited by Motokid600

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.