What resolution do you play KSP at?

CaelumEtAstra

What monitor resolution do you play KSP at?  

348 members have voted

1. 1. What monitor resolution do you play KSP at?

• 1280x1024
    • 1280x720
    • 1366x768
    • 1440x900
    • 1600x900
    • 1920x1080 (1080p)
    • 2560x1440 (1440p)
    • 3840x2160 (4K/UHD)
    • Other

That's very interesting about the CRTs!

1280x1024 is actually very nice for KSP, since most rockets are vertical. The only problem is that the GUIs (stock & mod) are a bit big since most people have more screen real estate. But in the editors the resolution really shines. Not a huge number of pages of parts, and they're right near the working area.

Go all in and put your monitor in portrait mode. I don't have a desk suitable for it, but some acquaintances from IRC have done so and they say it works very, very well.

Go all in and put your monitor in portrait mode. I don't have a desk suitable for it, but some acquaintances from IRC have done so and they say it works very, very well.

That's a great idea, but my monitor doesn't swivel like that, maybe I could jury rig something. I might experiment by setting KSP's resolution to something like that.

That's a great idea, but my monitor doesn't swivel like that, maybe I could jury rig something. I might experiment by setting KSP's resolution to something like that.

I just discovered mine does this:

nec_multisync_p221w_22__professional_widescreen_lcd_monitor___3_lgw.jpg

I will try it and report back!

Many monitors will have VESA Mount screw holes on the back. That can be used to attach the monitor to an alternative mount. They're most often used for wall mounting I think but you can get aftermarket desk mounts too. Came in handy for one of our TVs after I cracked the original flimsy plastic stand, the replacement mount is built like a tank!

Sadly not all displays have them. My 1080p screen doesn't seem to.

I just discovered mine does this:...

Ya know, I remember a plug for a monitor that did that (automatically, with a tilt switch) on a TV program called "Beyond 2000"... long ago.

I guess it never really caught on, but it's a great idea IMO. Nice to see someone revisited it.

• 1 year later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.