Kerbal Binary devthread

ibuckshot5

Not to be confused with Sigma Binary.

Kerbal Binary is a mod similar to Kerbal Galaxy 2, but there doesn't have to be just 1 mod with the star-systems-around-a-black-hole feature, right?

It differs because the stars are all farther apart. For example, the closest star (carbonia) is farther away than Flo's apoapsis in Trans-Keptunian.

This leads to long voyages (And gives a meaning for FTL mods)

It currently has 10 other star systems.

I know, no pics no clicks, so:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Anyone's welcome to help.

Download it here: http://kerbal.curseforge.com/ksp-mods/235443-kerbal-binary

ISSUES:

Tron is red for some reason even though in the config it is white

No solar power curves, bring RTGs (except for Kerbol)

]

0.0.2 update:

More stars (planets next update-I promise!)

0.0.1 update:

Initial release.

Credits:

ibuckshot5 for starting the mod:rolleyes:

Thomas P. for Kopernicus

Squad for Kerbal Space Program

Kerbal Binary license: All Rights Reserved

Edited by ibuckshot5

160,392,941 km SOI size.

You can increase/decrease the SOI size at any time.

The black hole is 10,000 Sol masses.

Edit: The download will be up soon, just gotta get it reviewed on Curse

Edited by ibuckshot5

• 2 months later...
If the red dwarf Juno is going to have an ocean world around it, is the system based off of Gliese 1214 and its planet?

I also have some planet suggestions for specific stars. The red giant Alexis could have a planet based off of the recently discovered Aldebaran b, a gas giant heated up by its star's death. The sun-like star you added could have a Kerbin-like planet based off of Kepler-452b (I live there :sticktongue:). I even named 452b after the Greek god Aristaios, so if you do make a 452b-like planet, can you name it that? Edited by ProtoJeb21

• 5 months later...

Sorry I've been so inactive. I forgot my password but then 2 months later I remembered it and logged on.

On 11/19/2015 at 3:00 PM, ProtoJeb21 said:

If the red dwarf Juno is going to have an ocean world around it, is the system based off of Gliese 1214 and its planet?

I also have some planet suggestions for specific stars. The red giant Alexis could have a planet based off of the recently discovered Aldebaran b, a gas giant heated up by its star's death. The sun-like star you added could have a Kerbin-like planet based off of Kepler-452b (I live there :sticktongue:). I even named 452b after the Greek god Aristaios, so if you do make a 452b-like planet, can you name it that?

Yes, I was planning on adding a Gliese 1214-like system around Juno, and there was a planet around it called Aquamarine. I think I could name the heated to death planet Aristaios, but its name was Calypso, but Aristaios sounds way better.

Edited by ibuckshot5
I didn't read it through

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Could you move Juno or add another red dwarf to the system?

If you could, put the star the most near possible of the Kerbol system and make a Kerbin-like but in a desert fashion planet around it based on Proxima Centauri b. It would be nice to have an habitable planet near Kerbol and be the Kerbal "pale red dot" :wink:

Just an idea.:P

Edited by Nailed it!
Wrong star

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.