"Plan Kappa" - A KSP graphic novel (Jeb is back in Chapter 53! Well, kinda.)

Parkaboy

Here's a new chapter. Probably the last one before a hiatus this week. I'm going to be out of town and unable to access my computer until next Saturday.

WcaFRUf.jpg

6wriLEw.jpg

RWqbhv0.jpg

pnfx8Xx.jpg

q5uGkiE.jpg

iFUEvsQ.jpg

Edited by Parkaboy
Fixed a couple of typos

Ah, Mort - that guy sure loves his kash. As for tourists - i sure would love to offer jobs to some of them. Judging by their reactions during flight, some carry badS flag proudly :)

I haven't checked the persistence file, but Dottie definitely seems like a badS. She was grinning during the entire flight.

I'm surprised that worked. Was it really straight up and down? how/why did everything but the pods not burn off? I gotta play with winged mini shuttles more...

Yeah it worked pretty well. The Queasy mk1 doesn't go that high (about 90km) so it doesn't has that much velocity to bleed. The temperature bars don't even show up during reentry. I only have to be careful to reach the runway with enough speed, or it loses lift and turns into a brick.

Another excellent installment--good idea using the runway while they're working on the pad, I guess you can always launch something as long as BOTH pad and runway aren't out of order, and as long as there are launch clamps :)

Yeah, but I'm also making a rule of respecting both the runway's and the hamgar's weight/part limits. I think that's the smallest and simplest shuttle I've ever built.

Hm...that parallel universe discussion we were having on my thread earlier seems particularly apropos here :)

There are a number of plausible in-story possibilities for what you're doing, but I don't want to speculate openly in the thread. (If I happen to guess right I rob your big reveal...and believe me that can be darned inconvenient :) )I'll just say I like very much where I THINK this is going!

You know... jeb could have enough electricity for the flyby if he locked the battery to conserve power until it's needed ;)

Yeah, I know that. I'm just assuming they haven't thought of it (or if they did, decided not to tell Jeb so he would follow the plan). I may do a Mun flyby with that ship now that I picked the contract for that, and I can't research solar panels until the new R&D buildings are finished.

Holey Moho! An entire station!

It's getting more and more severe.

So that's what the Munolith was connected to. And it'll get only worse

Now I wonder how material are those (or at this stage they don't fully materialize yet?) and what will happen if one tries to approach them... (Who's for sending a probe in? No, Jeb, you aren't a probe)