"Plan Kappa" - A KSP graphic novel (Jeb is back in Chapter 53! Well, kinda.)

Parkaboy

Oh great. Now that thing is going to try to talk to the now extinct Humpback Whales and start boiling the oceans and messing things up real good.

(Star Trek IV reference)

Great development! And now I remember this from the first post:

5. All “rescue†missions must be accepted. There’s going to be an in-story reason for that.

Very nice and unique in-story explanation for this phenomenon. Also I love the ground crew guy--that little aside added another level to the main characters. Enjoy your break! I'll post some stuff tomorrow so folks can get their comix fix :)

Lots of great stuff here--the design of the 'escape pods' in the K2 station makes perfect sense for the presence of rescue-able kerbonauts, and now we have a wonderfully scifi time loop, reminds me a bit of some of my favorite ST:TNG episodes. Glad to have you back, keep it coming!

Sorry Kuzzter but this is SO MUCH MORE INTRGEING than Duna ore bust and Eve order 0.

I find myself agreeing with you. I'd fall for wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey stuff any day of the week. :P

'Course, E:O0 and D,OB have a completely different plot line and I still love them both. :D

I find myself agreeing with you. I'd fall for wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey stuff any day of the week. :P

'Course, E:O0 and D,OB have a completely different plot line and I still love them both. :D

Well, I guess we can't really compare, since I'm going for a slightly different genre here. Kuzzter's stories are way more funny and adventure focused, while mine perhaps has a higher dose of mystery. They're similar in format, but have different flavors. And since reading them is free, you may as well enjoy all of them!

Surely we can't compare two stories just because they are both comics? That's like comparing a Tesla Model S with a Renault Twizzy just because they are both electric...oh wait, they did actually print a comparison of those two vehicles...

Anyway, my point is both stories are awesome in their own right.

For the record, the Twizzy is NOT awesome... so maybe that wasn't the best comparison...

Surely we can't compare two stories just because they are both comics? That's like comparing a Tesla Model S with a Renault Twizzy just because they are both electric...oh wait, they did actually print a comparison of those two vehicles...

Anyway, my point is both stories are awesome in their own right.

For the record, the Twizzy is NOT awesome... so maybe that wasn't the best comparison...

Well, technically you can compare them. What I meant is that a story is good if it succeeds at what it's trying to do, and we can't really judge it by the standards of a different type of story. I don't think Eve: Order Zero is trying to be intriguing, so we can't fault it for being less intriguing than Plan Kappa, and it certainly isn't less interesting because of it. Sure you can like one more than the other, but that's more because you like one flavor/genre more than the other than a measure of the value of the story. I think Kuzzter's stories are very good at what they set out to do, and can only hope that Plan Kappa will be as good at what it's trying to do, which is something a bit different.