"Plan Kappa" - A KSP graphic novel (Jeb is back in Chapter 53! Well, kinda.)

Parkaboy

Wait, what about the chute? Was it destroyed by a booster? Or was there another kind of malfunction???

According to the timestamps, there should have been enough time for any kind of emergency landing if available.

It shouldn't have happened like this...

Jeb? Jeb!? JEEEEEEB!!!

How could future Glery have seen them die if past Glery hasn't come into the story yet? Future Glery can't be past Glery since then Glery couldn't have actually come from anywhere; she couldn't exist since she would've never been born. Im quite curious to see how you get around that.

Noooo! And with the F3 screen appearing like that, they are all truly dead I suppose...

in THIS timestream

Some graphic stuff I really liked in this one: the parallel ship designs and text for Glery's and Bill's competing design options, and the 'custom' panel of the two orangesuits looking over the crew roster. As always, fantastic work!

How could future Glery have seen them die if past Glery hasn't come into the story yet? Future Glery can't be past Glery since then Glery couldn't have actually come from anywhere; she couldn't exist since she would've never been born. Im quite curious to see how you get around that.

Glery is not from that far into the future, only a few years (she's definitely old enough to have been born by now). Also, who knows if her being in the present hasn't changed things? After all, R&D might have not developed that ship design so early, if she didn't suggested it.

I promise things will make more sense in the next episode. Either that or it'll complicate even more.

Staging screwup? Can happen to anybody, even a rocket building pro.

But still, I see at least one chute, which should at least have saved it.

The technicians are still investigating the accident, but at this time it's believed that the lack of action group tech was a contributing factor to the tragedy. Parachutes were at the last stage, and by the time Jeb gave up trying to control the rocket and decided to "manually" abort, there wasn't enough time for him to click through all the stages. If only he had thought to activate the chutes via right-click menu...

What did you DO to that rocket? It didn't look that poorly built.

Currently the theory is that one or more struts were not correctly loaded on launch. It's been discussed the addition of a "Struts check" to the pre-flight checklist.

Edited by Parkaboy

The technicians are still investigating the accident, but at this time it's believed that the lack of action group tech was a contributing factor to the tragedy. Parachutes were at the last stage, and by the time Jeb gave up trying to control the rocket and decided to "manually" abort, there wasn't enough time for him to click through all the stages. If only he had thought to activate the chutes via right-click menu...

Bah, in 30 some odd seconds, I could go through some 15 stages, easy. You can also click the little minus sign and poof, all empty stages go away. I call intentional. :P

Here's chapter 8!

yQ7K4Fy.jpg

Iv18JNE.jpg

ssQXTXd.jpg

0FWm9N5.jpg

O664qVu.jpg

o7IKdgw.jpg

m0DNP5j.jpg

Yeah, I know that was a cheap narrative trick. I couldn't resist. Sorry. I promise not to do it ever again! Next time someone dies in the story, it will be because I screwed up a mission and will be for real!

Yeah, I know that was a cheap narrative trick. I couldn't resist. Sorry. I promise not to do it ever again! Next time someone dies in the story, it will be because I screwed up a mission and will be for real!

You're forgiven. The rest of us quicksave and revert, after all :) And you'd already established wibbly wobbliness, so no foul.