"Plan Kappa" - A KSP graphic novel (Jeb is back in Chapter 53! Well, kinda.)

Parkaboy

9 hours ago, Parkaboy said:

Fasten your seat belts!

This milestone must have been a scary one to put out there, seeing how everyone's been expecting this to come for some time and if it'd fizzled out, well... Congrats on pulling it off and hitting all the right notes in the process.

Edited by FyunchClick
spelling

6 hours ago, smjjames said:

Hmm.....

If the small blast from the Mun was enough to fling Phoice to Eve (amazing that her craft survived the velocities involved though when re-entering), how far would that shockwave have flung Jeb...

Also, did the Kerbals somehow discover FTL communication? Because there doesn't seem to be any delay between wherever Val is and Jeb.

Also, did Minmus get evacuated? I suppose it might be possible that Minmus is above or below the shockwave and escapes.

Well, don't forget that these anomalies are holes in spacetime. They don't accelerate the crafts, but can transport them to other places and times - if the craft survives in one piece. Stelrine's ship had a heatshield, and even after losing all its ablator, it survived entry on Eve's atmosphere.

As for the radio delay with Val, I don't think it would be noticeable, since her ship was just outside Kerbin's SOI. In fact, she was on one of the ships that recently evacuated Minmus.

Ok, I've processed this. @Parkaboy, you had better make damn sure you live up to the readers' expectations. You've delivered so far, but that's dangerous- people keep expecting your best work. In the words of a 6-year-old boy, "I find that my life is a lot easier the lower I keep everyone's expectations."
Good luck, Parkaboy- and godspeed.

Go plan kappa! I love your craft (except the prototype but that was 3 parts so yeah) and I can't wait to find out what happened to Jeb! I am so doing this in a new save! (I can just use Danny's planet buster :wink:)

Edited by max_creative
Spell check is officially my worst enemy.

Oh, parkaboy, my private jet pilot Seekin Kerman may have... Erm... Blow up your plane?... (He an engineer but he said he was seeking adventure and explosions so I let him fly) you can buy another right? I mean your the 5th richest person in the world because everyone need a Ladder vertical mobility enhancer. :P

3 hours ago, max_creative said:

Oh, parkaboy, my private jet pilot Seekin Kerman may have... Erm... Blow up your plane?... (He an engineer but he said he was seeking adventure and explosions so I let him fly) you can buy another right? I mean your the 5th richest person in the world because everyone need a Ladder vertical mobility enhancer. :P

Nope, Kerbin blew up, and thus no KSC, at least in-comic.

Although, @Parkaboy What DID you do with the KSC in your save? because it's required to access the saves and the ships I'm just wondering out of curiosity.

Edited by smjjames

1 hour ago, smjjames said:

Although, @Parkaboy What DID you do with the KSC in your save? because it's required to access the saves and the ships I'm just wondering out of curiosity.

I'm talking about my save... I don't actually have parka kerman I just stole borrowed with out permission Just Jim's rokea inc private jet and accidentally blew it up.

4 hours ago, smjjames said:

Perhaps he is using Duna Space Prohram or Laythe space program?

11 hours ago, smjjames said:

Oh, KSC is still on Kerbin - I didn't delete the planet, just hyperedited it way out of the system. For in-story purposes, however, it's as if it no longer existed. It only works as a menu for me right now.

7 hours ago, Parkaboy said:

Oh, KSC is still on Kerbin - I didn't delete the planet, just hyperedited it way out of the system. For in-story purposes, however, it's as if it no longer existed. It only works as a menu for me right now.

You know, given that the anomalies are holes in spacetime that moves stuff to different places and times, who's to say that Kerbin is truly gone? Maybe it was just displaced a loooong ways away. So far as anyone knows, Kerbin blew up but, you know, spacetime anomaly...