"Plan Kappa" - A KSP graphic novel (Jeb is back in Chapter 53! Well, kinda.)

Parkaboy

5 hours ago, Chemp said:

That's painful! :0.0: I gather it's not the hemorragic variety, or you'd be in a hospital right now.

Hang in there! For me it took 4 days to get completely over it.

Edit: Love the new sig! I didn't notice until right now.  When did you change it?

Thanks. I'm not even sure it's dengue, by now it's looking as just a case of food poisoning (yes, I had the fish), but I'm still feeling like crap.

As for the sig, it was changed when Volume 3 started. It didn't came out as I wanted, but it was the best I could do in the time I had...

feel like crap...   or carp? (had the fish? I'm a dad, I'm allowed bad puns!)

on the subject of publishing: 50 shades of grey (not a fan, just aware of the history) started out as a twilight fanfic. the author just took her plot and plonked it into a non-twilight universe, then published (from the passages I've read, she skipped the editing stage. and proof reading. and spell check). I think @Parkaboy has a good story to tell here that could be made to work in our universe (the one with tall, skinny, 5 fingered versions of kerbals) really well. a graphic novel would be cool, but I think a book would be better?

Edited by SinBad
trying to get member tag to work: and failing

17 hours ago, Parkaboy said:

Well... other than the fact I may have dengue fever, can't really complain.

Geez.  As a fellow dweller of tropical latitudes, even if on the opposite side of the Equator, I've come to terms with the horde of mosquito-borne diseases constantly buzzing around my head every time I step outside.  Most of them I shrug off.  Uncle Sam shot me full of immunities to most most of them, so when they hit me, I just get a few days off work.  But Dengue Fever is something I dread.  I wish you a speedy recovery.  That's a bad one.

geez. Wish you luck. This nightmare of epidemy is harvesting hundreds of us along the years. mostly children and elders. My entire family caught the disease except by me. After all these years i begin to wonder if i got some kind of immunity.

Well about the Twilight thing, would be fun to read a history about how an obscure timey-anomaly disaster back at 60's changed the cold war and the development of the space program itself. The problem is that Minmus does not exist on our earth but in the IQ87's earth. where the developers get the idea for that mun.

Otherwise. If someday SQUAD agree to licence KSP as a trademark for toys and muppet tv shows, i believe you could be one of their script writers, along with guys like Kuzzter, Chokolatmuss, the guy from "forgotten Space Program" and of course Nassault.

3 minutes ago, Nahim said:

Otherwise. If someday SQUAD agree to licence KSP as a trademark for toys and muppet tv shows, i believe you could be one of their script writers, along with guys like Kuzzter, Chokolatmuss, the guy from "forgotten Space Program" and of course Nassault.

Well, that'd be really cool. But in the meanwhile, I'm having fun keeping Plan Kappa as it is.

And here's another chapter!

3L2uJnB.jpg

qwNBhUY.jpg

O31Q7sp.jpg

1v0FwEG.jpg

POZhbbb.jpg

4Rcv0XL.jpg

VfSnmkM.jpg

Xicddrm.jpg

rH1W3gD.jpg

jrEZUzM.jpg

That was a quiet yet interesting use of the 42nd episode. The thing is though, did the probes also get all of Jeb's memories, and not just his personality? I mean, the probes were launched a fair bit earlier right? So do his memories get uploaded?

1 hour ago, SaturnianBlue said:

That was a quiet yet interesting use of the 42nd episode. The thing is though, did the probes also get all of Jeb's memories, and not just his personality? I mean, the probes were launched a fair bit earlier right? So do his memories get uploaded?

The Minmus JebSats (currently floating freely around Kerbol, having escaped Minmus' destruction) are simple copies of Jeb's personality. They don't have his memories, just his skills and mannerisms. However, since the Eve Probe in question isn't one of those "mechJebs", maybe there's another explanation.

1 hour ago, Alchemist said:

We are talking of a spacetime anomaly. Resonating Jeb's consciousness over all the MechJebs in the system is a possibility. Maybe.

Like this one. I'm not saying it's right, but it's a good explanation.

His name is Jeb (Jeb!) Kerman

The bravest pioneer

No plan too mad, no S so Bad

Who's that? It's him!

Jeb Kerman!

Jeb (Jeb!) Kerman

Explorer of the void

He's passed the test to be the best

Could it be? Yeah, that's him!

Jeb Kerman!

Edited by Commander Zoom

3 hours ago, Parkaboy said:

The Minmus JebSats (currently floating freely around Kerbol, having escaped Minmus' destruction) are simple copies of Jeb's personality. They don't have his memories, just his skills and mannerisms. However, since the Eve Probe in question isn't one of those "mechJebs", maybe there's another explanation.

Like this one. I'm not saying it's right, but it's a good explanation.

The Ghost in the Machine!

Personally, I think Jeb became one with the universe as a whole so there'll be no escaping him.  Soon he'll be talking out of rocks and thin air :)

57 minutes ago, 0111narwhalz said:

"My god. It's full of stars." should have been Jeb's last words.

Oh yeah. I have no idea how to pull off the aging Jeb, which turns into the Starbaby-Kerb tho'.

I like the 42 reference.

i also noticed in chapter 25 when Glery says "I'm going to have to engineer the [big block thing] out of this!"

which is a reference to the Martian when Mark Wattney says "I'm going to have to science the [some word I won't say] out of this!"