"Plan Kappa" - A KSP graphic novel (Jeb is back in Chapter 53! Well, kinda.)

Parkaboy

37 minutes ago, SaturnianBlue said:

I think these "clues" are leading somewhere...

Definitly... but right now, I'm more interested in skydiving from Vertigo Station down to Gilly with just a jetpack!!!!  
I would SOOOO love to do that!!!!   

In real life!  :D

Spoiler

CcMaw4H.jpg

Alright, time for me to continue my theory about the thing that caused the spacetime degradation. For convenience, we will call it "Mold." Inside the spoiler is the page I'm using.

Artie calls the Mold "someone," so it should be an individual. However, there could be more Mold that has entered the Kappaverse since then. Artie-Jeb referred to what I presume is the Mold as "They." I've seen "They" used as a he/she pronoun before, but according to www.dictionary.com the relevant definition of "They" is "nominative plural of he, she, and it." Therefore, there must be more Mold that has entered the Kappaverse, likely using negative gravilolis to enter. 

Moving on, there is proof against more Mold. If we assume that the group Artie-Jeb is warning about is those in the flying saucers, it can't be Mold because Artie said that the Mold was out of his sensor range, yet the flying saucers crashed on Kerbin disprove this. Of course, all of this is assuming that the flying saucer was real.

In conclusion, there might or might not be more of the someone who caused the spacetime degradation. We can't tell so long as we don't know if the flying saucer is real.

17 hours ago, SaturnianBlue said:

I think these "clues" are leading somewhere...

it could be leading to the last part of Jeb/Arties warning.

"There Coming! You must prepare!" 

Maybe this is what he ment by "There Coming!"....

Edited by Starslinger999

8 hours ago, Starslinger999 said:

Maybe this is what he ment by "There Coming!"....

Now you got me wondering if 'they' are invading from another universe, and if 'they' are, did 'they' cause the instabilities to cross between universes, are 'they' taking advantage of it, or are 'they' on the run from some catastrophe possibly cascading it's way through universes down the line of which the instabilities are a side effect?

('they' emphasized like that to lay on the ominous, not to point out a minor spelling mistake btw)

41 minutes ago, Geschosskopf said:

The space program now has a new SOP, called the "Joan Rule".  It states that rotation of stations shall cease before ships are allowed to dock :wink:

And that's canon.

Just now, Parkaboy said:

And that's canon.

And we toss that epic scene frome Clarke / Kubrick right out the window? :sticktongue: Besides, docking without being able to use SAS must be so much more... gratifying?

Olivia is really growing on me. Now she's turned into a philosopher!

1 hour ago, Chemp said:

And we toss that epic scene frome Clarke / Kubrick right out the window?

It's probably for the best :)  Even with a counter-rotating docking port on the hub, it's still rather dangerous.  I had a few disasters that way in Orbiter.  

On ‎6‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 0:02 PM, Geschosskopf said:

It's probably for the best :)  Even with a counter-rotating docking port on the hub, it's still rather dangerous.  I had a few disasters that way in Orbiter.  

Ok, before I reply to the comic, yes, rotating dockings aren't fun. As an ex-Orbiter player who's used the World of 2001 add-on I've had my share of rotating dockings and it's not just the lack of SAS (or killrot usability), it's the fact that corrections are nigh impossible once rotation is matched, for example, thrusting "up" is actually thrusting in a spiral, far from ideal when trying to conduct the complex corrections needed for docking. Even in Interstellar ... just a minute (goes and checks relevant scene) yes, they did what I did, flew right up to the port and lined up before synching rotation and docking (hooray for no collision detection in Orbiter), come to think of it, that scene ideally illustrates the disorientation of a rotating docking.

Well, that took longer than I planned, back to topic.

First of all, Zellin being afraid of heights, now I know what's up with Valcie (one of my Kerbals who freaked out the whole time in low Mun orbit).
Second: Analysis of Joan's sighting. First of all it's most likely she did see something (seeing how often they actually are, save for Fabien who has been thoroughly established as insane, Joan so far seems to be just "Imaginative". My guess would be another wave of arrivals (best guess as to what, whoever/whatever bill saw).

Looking forward to more answers/questions/excitement.

Edited by AkuAerospace
Removed "sign off"

It has been established that using the gravioli device to enter another universe would spread the corruption to that universe as well. Could it be that this is how the corruption first came to Kappaverse? Maybe even a time paradox where someone escaping from this universe has come back from the future...

Edited by Deddly

10 hours ago, AkuAerospace said:

Well, that took longer than I planned, back to topic.

Well, us old Orbiter vets have to reminisce occasionally :)

9 hours ago, Deddly said:

It has been established that using the gravioli device to enter another universe would spread the corruption to that universe as well. Could it be that this is how the corruption first came to Kappaverse? Maybe even a time paradox where someone escaping from this universe has come back from the future...

But what came first, the corruption or the inter-universe travel?

20 hours ago, Geschosskopf said:

Hehehe, my fire department has 4 or 5 SOPs named after me :)

There's got to be some good stories behind that teaser. Do any involve use of a Haligan bar when responding to a kitty-in-a-tree call?

3 minutes ago, FyunchClick said:

There's got to be some good stories behind that teaser. Do any involve use of a Haligan bar when responding to a kitty-in-a-tree call?

The kitten is safe, but the tree didn't survive....  :D

On ‎7‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 6:01 AM, Geschosskopf said:

Well, us old Orbiter vets have to reminisce occasionally

Well, I wouldn't exactly call myself a veteran, although it's probably the reason I adapted quickly to KSP.

Apologies I can't add anything more to the analysis at this moment.

However, I do like the designs I've seen, notably the KSS Hardihood, a DSV (Deep Space Vessel) with landing capability, also the standardised multi-mission platforms (Avid class) which were probably the inspiration for my sunglider series lifting bodies (along with others).

Edited by AkuAerospace
Removed "sign off"

2 hours ago, FyunchClick said:

Yes, there are. And no, they don/t.

Back in the High and Far Off Days of Gods and Heroes, before there was 911 in my benighted, poverty-stricken domain, back when every fire station had to have somebody sitting there 24/7 to answer the phone, back when I got a call about a cat stuck in a tree, I used to ask the caller if he'd ever seen a cat skeleton in a tree.  Then one day I saw one myself, in a back corner of my own property.   This poor feral cat had fallen into a pinch between 2 trunks of a tree-like shrub and died there.  How that happened, I don't know.,  But since that day, I changed my stock answer to, "Is the cat on fire?"  If it wasn't, I'd say, "Call me back when it is"  and hang up.  But soon the Fire Chief heard of that and decreed that we would respond to such calls anyway.   So that was one SOP named after me.

So next time I got a call for a cat in a tree, I said "We're on the way!".  But having had numerous bad experiences previously with climbing up after cats, involving claws, teeth, and falling off ladders, once I got there I told my troops that nobody was climbing up after the cat.  Instead, I unlimbered the deck gun on my engine, ran the pressure up, and blasted the cat out of the tree with 1000 gallons per minute.  The cat was perfectly fine, no firemen were injured, so I thought, "problem solved".  But the Fire Chief thought this was all bad PR and he had a point, given that the cat's "owner" (nobody has ever "owned" a cat) complained anyway.  So then an SOP came out that we would no longer blast cats out of trees with water cannons.

Fortunately, word of this got around the podunk place I serve so there were no more calls for cats in trees for many years, and it wasn't until way after 911 had become a thing that I got another such call.  Not being able to talk to the caller myself, and being duty-bound to answer the call once Dispatch has sent it, I took my engine and crew to the tree in question.  This time, I aimed the water cannon about 3 feet above the cat so the runoff and spray was all over him.  To the cat, it was obvious things were worse above him, so he started climbing down.  So I depressed the water cannon and chased him down the tree with it.  The Fire Chief got no complaints so this is now the SOP for dealing with such calls :)

Edited by Geschosskopf

18 minutes ago, KerbalOmmex said:

@Geschosskopf, that 1000 gallons per minute blast of water hitting a cat... Sounds like a peaceful method that @Kuzzter might use in Kerbfleet to guard buildings.

Well, black hat in xkcd uses stuff like this frequently, and sometimes gets rid of the moon, so compared to that, or my space programs weaponry division, it's relatively peaceful. Blowing up the whole ksc testing something is just a normal day for me. 

So, in a way it's peaceful to blast a cat with all that water. I also highly recommend you do not come within a 100 km radius of my ksc unless you want to be blasted of the face of the planet. Very peaceful.:P