Jump to content

"Plan Kappa" - A KSP graphic novel (Jeb is back in Chapter 53! Well, kinda.)


Recommended Posts

On 17/04/2016 at 7:19 PM, FyunchClick said:

In some sense they are perfect for each other, broken things that they are, but there's still the notion that killing Stelrines is what Fabian does. I agree with you, this is destined to end badly, and that gives Parka a lot of ways to play this (including subversion of that destiny).

If one of then is to be left behind. I guess it would hurt less if they actually don't like each other.

If these suffering souls develop some kind of  bound or even friendship...

The end would be more painful than i could fear...

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, FyunchClick said:

@Parkaboy are you planning to go over to 1.1 or will you be sticking with 1.05 for a while?

I'd like to upgrade the save to 1.1 as soon as possible, but I'll have to wait for all the mods to be compatible. There's at least one chapter I'll do in 1.0.5, which is this one!


8r87k16.jpg

 

eIWV5F2.jpg

 

H319dDd.jpg

 

mWd5vQd.jpg

*Panel 1, balloon 4 should read: "And I'd like to explain to you shy it should be me."

bvptvwJ.jpg

 

me9wrGP.jpg

 

YX0jfmO.jpg

 

mI8Xg4k.jpg

 

YCZ0Nb3.jpg

 

HJKjVYd.jpg

Edited by Parkaboy
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Just Jim said:

Get out and push!!!  Awesome!!!!  Go Stelrine!!!!   :D

The ship must have been built by General Motors (nyuck nyuck :P:D )

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Willbl3pic said:

Didn't expect that!

However, I have a question. Before he died, Jeb was narrating the story (to the monolith? I think I remember that right). But who is narrating it now?

You got it right. Jeb was the narrator on Volume 2. On volume 3 we have a 3rd person omniscient narrator, apparently.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Deddly said:

Or like Parkaboy.

Exactly!

And good news, everybody! Almost all the mods I use in PK have been updated to 1.1, and only one of those missing is actually crucial. When that's updated, I'll start working on the next episode, where we might visit those guys on Moho we've been neglecting...

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Parkaboy said:

I'd like to upgrade the save to 1.1 as soon as possible, but I'll have to wait for all the mods to be compatible. There's at least one chapter I'll do in 1.0.5, which is this one!

*Panel 1, balloon 4 should read: "And I'd like to explain to you shy it should be me."

Neat, I should ask more questions just to see if that triggers more updates. :wink: 

Questions like are you setting some rules for yourself for using science like you did with your mission schedule when this started? Say first engine efficiency improvement of 2.5% costs 250 science, second 2.5% is 500, third 1000, similar for max thrust, fuel tank size etc.

Or will you just let narrative needs drive it (like the upgrade to rescue X requires a scientific mission to sufficiently dramatic and hard to reach location Y)?

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, FyunchClick said:

Neat, I should ask more questions just to see if that triggers more updates. :wink: 

Questions like are you setting some rules for yourself for using science like you did with your mission schedule when this started? Say first engine efficiency improvement of 2.5% costs 250 science, second 2.5% is 500, third 1000, similar for max thrust, fuel tank size etc.

Or will you just let narrative needs drive it (like the upgrade to rescue X requires a scientific mission to sufficiently dramatic and hard to reach location Y)?

I'm using the Kerbal RnD mod, which lets me spend science to improve parts. It has a very steep cost curve: each subsequent 10% improvement in engine ISP, for instance, costs several times more than the previous. I just have to come up with explanations for the improvements.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Parkaboy said:

I'd like to upgrade the save to 1.1 as soon as possible, but I'll have to wait for all the mods to be compatible. There's at least one chapter I'll do in 1.0.5, which is this one!

First off, as a fellow sufferer who also lives too close to the Equator, I hope you're getting over the denge.  That's a nasty one.

2nd, FANTASTIC chapter!  As a crazy myself, I endorse how those chance companions were getting along..

As to 1.1, I'd wait until 1.1.5 or 1.2 :)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Parkaboy said:

I'm using the Kerbal RnD mod, which lets me spend science to improve parts. It has a very steep cost curve: each subsequent 10% improvement in engine ISP, for instance, costs several times more than the previous. I just have to come up with explanations for the improvements.

Oh well, I should've known there was a mod for that... :D I'm definitely going to check that out when I get properly underway with a 1.1 career, as I'm always just roleplaying reasons to bring my scientists and science equipment once I've filled out the tree (or the parts that I want anyways).

Link to post
Share on other sites

An advanced technique known as "clipping"? Boooo! I thought that ship looked a little small for an Eve ascender! But anything goes in the interest of story, and this is a great one. :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kuzzter said:

An advanced technique known as "clipping"? Boooo! I thought that ship looked a little small for an Eve ascender! But anything goes in the interest of story, and this is a great one. :) 

Just as much as using a kpad to quietly alter the persistence state I guess? :P I do prefer a good lampshade over leaving the gritty bits out in the cold harsh light.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Parkaboy said:

OSE Workshop. Some of my bases won't work without it.

But don't go harass the modder about it, okay? It'll be ready when it's ready.

I can see how that would be crucial ; with OSE Workshop & pathfinder you can keep playing even with kerbin destroyed :-)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Are they Going To go to Another star system? (Like the Valintine Star System) Or maybe Laythe? (Laythe Space Program) or Possibly Millars planet?(Interstellar).

But Im loving This Series. Cant Wait for more. I want to see what happens with Jeb.

jebediah_kerman_s_emergency_memorial_pho 

He cant be dead, If he is dead, This story will be boring With only the Mechjebs

Edited by Starslinger999
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...