"Plan Kappa" - A KSP graphic novel (Jeb is back in Chapter 53! Well, kinda.)

Parkaboy

1 minute ago, Garrett Kramme said:

This thread suddenly went silent. What happened?

Per the OP, scrolling back a couple of pages:

1. Pokemon Go released in Brazil
  2. Olympic Games. It has not yet been confirmed that Ryan Lochte peed on @Parkaboy's computer, but I have my suspicions.
  3. [REDACTED] per 2.2b but yeah wow
  4. Sudden availability of about a quadrillion new worlds to explore, none of which are Kerbin

8 hours ago, Kuzzter said:

Per the OP, scrolling back a couple of pages:

1. Pokemon Go released in Brazil
  2. Olympic Games. It has not yet been confirmed that Ryan Lochte peed on @Parkaboy's computer, but I have my suspicions.
  3. [REDACTED] per 2.2b but yeah wow
  4. Sudden availability of about a quadrillion new worlds to explore, none of which are Kerbin

I was mostly joking about Pokémon Go, since it doesn't really work on my smartphone (old android version), although it interests me as a research subject. As for No Man's Sky, not even that: the game is disappointingly boring and has little resemblance to what was shown in preview videos.

The actual reason for my absence is that I'm really busy. I have a bigger workload this semester than I had last one in the college I teach, and I'm also preparing to go through a selection process for a job on a different university. I'm trying to find time to keep working on Plan Kappa, but it has been difficult. I'll probably manage to finish the next chapter whenever there's a holiday. We have a couple of those during September in Brazil.

So long story short: Plan Kappa isn't dead, but it's currently in hibernation mode.

2 hours ago, Parkaboy said:

The actual reason for my absence is that I'm really busy. I have a bigger workload this semester than I had last one in the college I teach, and I'm also preparing to go through a selection process for a job on a different university. I'm trying to find time to keep working on Plan Kappa, but it has been difficult. I'll probably manage to finish the next chapter whenever there's a holiday. We have a couple of those during September in Brazil.

Take your time, do what you have to do... obviously RL has to come first.  :wink:

On 8/25/2016 at 0:12 AM, Parkaboy said:

So long story short: Plan Kappa isn't dead, but it's currently in hibernation mode.

Wow. Great to hear from you, I thought you got infected with what is called the "JJayJoker disease" in my country (after one youtuber who just stopped uploading anything without explanation and no word was heard from him for a few years).

Those little monsters Pokemons are going to rule the world for at least a month from now..

@ 3 posts below @0111narwhalz I believe this is Jool and Laythe with an added ring and some asteroids, and some weird-looking galaxy-like object near the asteroids. All this made on grid paper with some text printed on it, sadly most of this text (aside from "TITLE") is just outside of the picture.

Edited by TheDestroyer111

6 hours ago, TheDestroyer111 said:

Great to hear from you, I thought you got infected with what is called the "JJayJoker disease" in my country (after one youtuber who just stopped uploading anything without explanation and no word was heard from him for a few years).

'Round here, we call that Macey Dean-ing, after the (repeated) disappearance of the KSP YT-er of that name.

45 minutes ago, 0111narwhalz said:

'Round here, we call that Macey Dean-ing, after the (repeated) disappearance of the KSP YT-er of that name.

Speaking of Macey Dean, I just binge-watched all of spiritwolf again. help.

13 minutes ago, Andem said:

Speaking of Macey Dean, I just binge-watched all of spiritwolf again. help.

I believe I'm the wrong person to ask for help here.

IB5lYux.png?forcedesktop=1

I'm sure you can imagine what this is.

7 hours ago, TheDestroyer111 said:

@ 3 posts below @0111narwhalz I believe this is Jool and Laythe with an added ring and some asteroids, and some weird-looking galaxy-like object near the asteroids. All this made on grid paper with some text printed on it, sadly most of this text (aside from "TITLE") is just outside of the picture.

It's the Battle for Laythe. The "asteroids" are small explosions typical of a space fight, while the larger object is the Spirit of Kerbin being destroyed by a cowardly ram.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/24/2016 at 3:12 PM, Parkaboy said:

I was mostly joking about Pokémon Go, since it doesn't really work on my smartphone (old android version), although it interests me as a research subject. As for No Man's Sky, not even that: the game is disappointingly boring and has little resemblance to what was shown in preview videos.

There's your answer.

• 4 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Plecy75 said:

wow, so long since the last update! is a new chapter coming out soon? i'm anxious to see what happens!

Really? It's right here on this page... 

On 8/24/2016 at 6:12 PM, Parkaboy said:

The actual reason for my absence is that I'm really busy. I have a bigger workload this semester than I had last one in the college I teach, and I'm also preparing to go through a selection process for a job on a different university. I'm trying to find time to keep working on Plan Kappa, but it has been difficult. I'll probably manage to finish the next chapter whenever there's a holiday.

This IS a great story, and there are a whole bunch of us who want to see what happens next, but the author has told us, in his own words, that it will be a while. Best not to poke the author. 

1 minute ago, Torgo said:

Really? It's right here on this page...  

where?

2 minutes ago, Torgo said:

This IS a great story, and there are a whole bunch of us who want to see what happens next, but the author has told us, in his own words, that it will be a while. Best not to poke the author. 

i see ur point

• 1 month later...
On 10/7/2016 at 0:26 PM, Plecy75 said:

wow, so long since the last update! is a new chapter coming out soon? i'm anxious to see what happens!

I talked to @Parkaboy a couple days ago, and he told me it's been a really busy year for him, and he just hasn't had much free time to do anything on the forum. I'm sure he'll have plenty of new material for us when he gets a chance. :)

Edited by Just Jim

• 2 weeks later...