Lockheed F117 Laghawk [replica]

Do YOU enjoy floating around the KSC at an amazing 90m/s. Do YOU enjoy adjusting your direction at a very slow rate. Do YOU enjoy the lag of a 264 part beast. Then this craft is for you; presenting my most troubled take on the F117 Nighthawk which can be downloaded here

-many thanks to those who contributed to the WiP thread on this craft-

9qjxbr7.png

dy7uwlA.png

aZ8vyXa.png

If you have any comments, criticisms, suggestions for future aircraft etc please post a comment and I will respond.

Needs more pitot tubes. Then it's perfect.

I just looked those up... It has been an education

She looks great dude. It's a real shame the Squads aero 'improvements' have killed aircraft creativity..

TBH I made planes before and I make planes now. I'm fine with Squad's aero changes because they dont really affect me, all of my pre 1.0 planes fly fine and all of my post 1.0 planes fly more or less fine.

Wow that looks amazing! I built one of these a while back but the detail of this one is so much better than mine was. Keep up the good work!

But yours probably had a playable amount of parts (:

She looks great dude. It's a real shame the Squads aero 'improvements' have killed aircraft creativity..

What exactly killed aircraft creativity? Using wing parts for structure of planes now screw up lift?

Also, great to see this finally released, landfish2! Really splendorous!

What exactly killed aircraft creativity? Using wing parts for structure of planes now screw up lift?

Also, great to see this finally released, landfish2! Really splendorous!

Drag is not modeled correctly. It adds the drag of parts that are inside the craft! so complex shapes result in mega drag and as the OP stated his aircraft flies at 90m/s max!! Because of the poorly modeled drag.

Cheers.

I dig it. Played with it for about 20 minutes. My goal however was to make an actual cockpit sit in there. The panals are clever but I wanted a window to look out of. No luck though.

That new mrk 1 cockpit might work though.

The reason why its slow is becaus ksp's simplified aerodynamic model treats wing lift and body lift as totally separate things, so having a plane made of all wing parts pruduces insane lift but also insane drag. I wonder if this replica flys in ferram....

The reason why its slow is becaus ksp's simplified aerodynamic model treats wing lift and body lift as totally separate things, so having a plane made of all wing parts pruduces insane lift but also insane drag. I wonder if this replica flys in ferram....

I thought the same thing with a few of my planes: they have the exact same layout as the real thing and the real thing flies fine so they should fly in ferram. Unfortunately they didn't work and I don't know enough about Ferram to change that ):

Drag is not modeled correctly. It adds the drag of parts that are inside the craft! so complex shapes result in mega drag and as the OP stated his aircraft flies at 90m/s max!! Because of the poorly modeled drag.

Cheers.

I mean 90 m/s isn't too bad for a bomber. KSP's drag works fine for most planes and I think its fine that exceptions like this thing fly like bricks

Awesome! Super clean lines, which is often hard to get when you're building the body. Nice job!

Thank you (:

Cheers.

I thought they fixed that in 1.0? What happened to the hiding non exposed objects thing they were working on?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.