Where do you get your KSP news?

waterlubber

Which of these are your main news sources?  

237 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these are your main news sources?

• The Forums
    • KerbalDevTeam tumblr
    • Twitter
    • Reddit
    • Squadcasts
    • Other Streams
    • Other

Where do you learn about updates? Recently, there has been some confusion (as always) around 1.1, so where do you learn about the updates for KSP? Do you feel that the information posted to the forum is insufficient?

There has been a general consensus here that we are the poor cousins in the KSP information family. This is not exactly true even though I have voiced my opinion on this in the past. I would just check all the possible sites for KSP news.

Twitter appears to be the fastest method of receiving short snippets of information, such as teasers from the devs. Reddit usually gets the same information as everywhere else, but it's nice to visit to get a different take on the discussion about the news. The forums usually get information slowest, but in the greatest detail (such as the nice Articles we've had over the past few months).

I get mine from the forums, by waiting for you guys to complain about how something was announced somewhere other than the forums.

Or, y'know, it being announced on the forums. Either way.

Reddit, because the important stuff only seems to come out on Twitter and Squadcast. I have zero patience for the 99% crap that is Twitter and no time to watch Squadcast. Fortunately, people that do tend to post it to Reddit right away.

You'd think Squad would post the important stuff to the Announcements forum here or something, but no...

Well there is some serious selection bias here, being that everyone who responds to this thread has to be a forum user. If you posted this on Facebook for example, more people would say that they got their news from Facebook.

Twitter, Forums, Facebook

I think those who complain about bits of information popping up in different locations are just being silly.

• If you are a casual player, then wait for the official announcements which always make it here to the forums.
  • If you are a crazy KSP fan, then you can stock KSP employee social media feeds and piece together little hints of information.
  • If you are somewhere in between, you can read the crazy's forum posts dedicated to summarizing hints of information they found while stocking social media.

I tend to play KSP a lot for a while, then not for ages. So if I have been playing it and log on to the forums, I'll always check for new devnotes or other announcements and read them here. I always glance at the news feed when using the KSP launcher, and if there's anything new, I'll follow the link to the Dev Blog on tumblr. Otherwise, I tend to see announcements while browsing Facebook, which link either to the forums or tumblr.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.