What is next platform, that KSP will be ported to?

PatPL

What is next platform, that KSP will be ported to?  

295 members have voted

1. 1. What is next platform, that KSP will be ported to?

• Android
    • Gameboy
    • Microwave
    • Samsung TV (It can be done in Unity)
    • Vacuum Cleaner
    • My own suggestion, that i will post below now
    • Everything

I think the next logical port is a VAB/SPH for iOS and Android...

This would be my suggestion.

To be honest, I'm struggling to see how FT are going to simultaneously develop the three ports (okay, It's Unity, but still) without significant help from the KSP development/testing/experimental(?) team. And if they do do it themselves, I am worried. Saying this just in case Squad want to do something else. PLEASE DON'T. NOT YET.

cQyXyP4.png
Funny thing with that image: I see four different Windows logos, and have no idea what each is supposed to mean. Microsoft, your branding sacks.

With my serious hat on, Android may be plausible. Though Squad would have a choice: try and port the "full" KSP to Android, or make something simplified and maybe more akin to Simple Rockets. In fact maybe Squad and Jundroo could simply merge, and then Simple Rockets can just get a KSP rebrand.

I wonder if it works like Java: Write once, debug everywhere. :)

With Unity, it's more like --

It's more like 'Write once, crash anywhere'.

-- DAMMIT ninja! :P I was gonna say that :P

TI-30 sucks. My Sharp EL-545D is moar betterâ„¢.

Confirmed: Next KSP will be ported to the Sharp EL-545D. Remember, the 545D is dual power, and the battery is a CR2016 (20mm x 1.6mm), not a CR2032 (20mm x 3.2mm; as is common on PC motherboards).

Honestly, I don't want a vacuum port. Vacuum sucks.

*groan*

..has anybody made the nature abhors a vacuum joke yet?

Oh, we're talking calculators now? Behold, Elektronika MK-52. And it already has several KSP ports, made back in '80s. It was a series of programs tied with a story of a spacecraft called Contiki, published in a "Technika Molodezhi" ("Tech for Youth" or something) and I've played most of them after finding dad's old calculator in late '90s and spending a lot of time in local libraries hunting for old magazines. 105 command registers, 15(?) data registers, and you could land a craft on the Moon with it.

Oh, we're talking calculators now? Behold, Elektronika MK-52. And it already has several KSP ports, made back in '80s. It was a series of programs tied with a story of a spacecraft called Contiki, published in a "Technika Molodezhi" ("Tech for Youth" or something) and I've played most of them after finding dad's old calculator in late '90s and spending a lot of time in local libraries hunting for old magazines. 105 command registers, 15(?) data registers, and you could land a craft on the Moon with it.

Hah, that's awesome! :)

It has actually been used in space, Looks like it has an expansion card too

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c6/Elektronika_MK-52_Calculator_PCB.JPG/2560px-Elektronika_MK-52_Calculator_PCB.JPG

MS Dos 7.0

If we are going to do clay tablets might I recommend knapping it into a stone axe blade. Then we can share it with all sentient aliens we might find, including those occasionally encountered in Lost in Space and Star Trek. Think how much happier the swamp monster would be if he could play KSP in his cave, far less need to endanger poor William.

Edited by PB666

One place it might really be popular is on big box store cash registers, everything is autoncheck out anyway people could be training for their next obvious career, rocket scientist. We could also have a game that simulates brain surgery!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.