What is next platform, that KSP will be ported to?

PatPL

What is next platform, that KSP will be ported to?  

295 members have voted

1. 1. What is next platform, that KSP will be ported to?

• Android
    • Gameboy
    • Microwave
    • Samsung TV (It can be done in Unity)
    • Vacuum Cleaner
    • My own suggestion, that i will post below now
    • Everything

Trying to be serious here, Android is the only thing on this poll that makes sense (most smart tvs run a derivative of android anyways). Unity supports Android (and iOS and Windows 10 Phone) as well, and the newer devices are actually quite powerful (even more than the Wii U in some cases). Based on the Wii U announcement, Squad set a goal early on to port KSP to as many platforms as they could, and tablets/smartphones seem like the logical next step given their increasing performance and Unity support.

Edit: I wouldn't be surprised if someone has already ported DOOM to a smart microwave or vacuum (it's been done on a printer).

Edited by Lord Aurelius

I want KSP ported to whatever OS is on the ISS computers. Think about it for a while...

Astronaut 1: "OH S#!T! WE'RE FALLING INTO THE ATMOSPHERE!!"

ISS Commander: "EVERYONE! SCRAMBLE TO THE SOYUZ!"

Astronaut 1: "Why, Commander?"

ISS Commander: "You said we're falling into Earths' Atmosphere, did you not?"

Astronaut 1: "Nonononono. Sorry. Correction; Jeb is falling into Kerbins atmosphere."

*ISS Commander throws the laptop out the airlock*

ISS Commander: "DON'T SCARE ME LIKE THAT AGAIN, BOB!"

Edited by One-Way Films

nano engineered fully functional models. this is the future we are talking about.

or

COMING TO A THEATER NEAR YOU!!

Tom cruise as Jebidiah Kerman

scarlett johansson as Valentine Kerman

Liam Neeson as Bob kerman

Harrison Ford as Wernher von Kerman

Dolph Lundgren as Bill Keramn

Scott manley in the leading role of Scott Kerman

The Dunan

FTFY , now we have a film

The Multithreading U5 will allow is not the panacea for KSP's ills; the information we have is nebulous, but it appears that it will help with lag when two ships are being rendered and processed at once more than it will help single ships.

That is far more than a stretch. With standard computers, it would probably not be possible as we are reaching the limit on CPU density thanks to quantum tunneling and other factors to reach that milestone. Quantum computing also would probably not fit the application of KSP, so most likely only advanced, exotic forms of computers, with graphene being an example, will be able to have enough power. Even then, KSP would probably have to be rewritten into another game. It's a longshot, but perhaps if KSP was integrated into the firmware of TV remotes we'd have a chance...

Don't profess one version is the best in your opinion when no others have even been released yet.

I know, I really am just kidding though. But hey we live in a world of constant progress and change. :D

And, I don't quite understand some of what you said, mostly because I know only a little about the fine details of computers and how they actually work. :)

Still, the less lag the better IMO. :P

YargJay9991

I know, I really am just kidding though. But hey we live in a world of constant progress and change. :D

And, I don't quite understand some of what you said, mostly because I know only a little about the fine details of computers and how they actually work. :)

Still, the less lag the better IMO. :P

YargJay9991

Quantum tunneling is a quantum phenomenon in which particles can bypass a barrier that it intuitively (classically) should not be able to bypass. As the barrier gets smaller, the likelihood of a particle 'tunneling' through it increases. In electronics, very thin circuits promote more electron tunneling, which leads to inefficiencies and overheating. Graphene is a single sheet of graphite; it's a hexagonal pattern of carbon molecules, similar to an unfolded carbon nanotube. It has interesting conductive properties and could be a candidate to replace current silicon circuits.

K^2, please correct any inaccuracies

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.