What is next platform, that KSP will be ported to?

PatPL

What is next platform, that KSP will be ported to?  

295 members have voted

1. 1. What is next platform, that KSP will be ported to?

• Android
    • Gameboy
    • Microwave
    • Samsung TV (It can be done in Unity)
    • Vacuum Cleaner
    • My own suggestion, that i will post below now
    • Everything

I enjoy just how many votes this poll has... :D

Well, seeing how vacuum cleaners are already good at sucking up bugs it sounds like a good option. Don't port to the microwave though. Bugs would be exploding EVERYWHERE.

How about a Super Computer!!!! Just think of the graphics you could run on it! Movie like rendering real-time in KSP...

Part counts would be able to be massive. Imagine 1,000,000 parts!!!!! AND IT RUNS SMOOTH!!!

Okay, I know what your saying. SUPER-COMPUTERS ARE WAY TO MUCH $$$$$$$$$

But just think... as tech improves our everyday computers will improve with everything on them.

Movie like rendering in KSP is not far away.................

YargJay9991

How about a Super Computer!!!! Just think of the graphics you could run on it! Movie like rendering real-time in KSP...

Part counts would be able to be massive. Imagine 1,000,000 parts!!!!! AND IT RUNS SMOOTH!!!

Okay, I know what your saying. SUPER-COMPUTERS ARE WAY TO MUCH $$$$$$$$$

But just think... as tech improves our everyday computers will improve with everything on them.

Movie like rendering in KSP is not far away.................

YargJay9991

Most modern supercomputers run linux, so a port exists. That being said KSP only realy uses one tread, so the millions of cores won't help.

Most modern supercomputers run linux, so a port exists. That being said KSP only realy uses one tread, so the millions of cores won't help.

True, but I thought I read somewhere that the new unity engine allows multi threading.

I know my suggestion is a bit of a stretch, but someday I think 1,000,000 parts with no lag would be achievable.

I also have concerns about this porting to console thing that squad has suddenly become addicted to. I wanna know how on earth it's going to work. The PC/Mac version will always be the best in my opinion.

YargJay9991

True, but I thought I read somewhere that the new unity engine allows multi threading.

I know my suggestion is a bit of a stretch, but someday I think 1,000,000 parts with no lag would be achievable.

I also have concerns about this porting to console thing that squad has suddenly become addicted to. I wanna know how on earth it's going to work. The PC/Mac version will always be the best in my opinion.

YargJay9991

The Multithreading U5 will allow is not the panacea for KSP's ills; the information we have is nebulous, but it appears that it will help with lag when two ships are being rendered and processed at once more than it will help single ships.

That is far more than a stretch. With standard computers, it would probably not be possible as we are reaching the limit on CPU density thanks to quantum tunneling and other factors to reach that milestone. Quantum computing also would probably not fit the application of KSP, so most likely only advanced, exotic forms of computers, with graphene being an example, will be able to have enough power. Even then, KSP would probably have to be rewritten into another game. It's a longshot, but perhaps if KSP was integrated into the firmware of TV remotes we'd have a chance...

Don't profess one version is the best in your opinion when no others have even been released yet.

Edited by NFUN

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.