[IVA][1.1] MK3 Pod IVA Replacement by Apex (WIP)

robertlong13

Introducing Apex Industries!

(This is my first mod ever, and I'm looking forward to putting out more stuff. My apologies for the similarity in name with ASET; this was the name of my senior design team in undergrad and I really like that name for a company)

I give much credit to alexustas here, as this is heavily derived from his work.

This is a new IVA layout for the MK3 pod inspired by alexustas' MK1-2 IVA. This is very much a work in progress. Only functional props have been added so far---no decorations. I'm open to any suggestions.

http://imgur.com/a/eUMH7

Dependencies

• ASET Props 1.3 (here is a link to somebody's unofficial mirror until it's officially hosted again)
  • RasterPropMonitor 0.25.1.28297

Recommended Compatible Mods

• SCANsat
  • Nav Utilities HSI
  • MechJeb
  • Docking Port Alignment Indicator
  • Vessel View

Features

• New interior for the MK3 pod using ASET and RPM props.
  • Existing pod model was heavily modified to increase space for props and improve viewing angles.
  • Utilizes the existing texture for that stock feel.
  • 2 new panels were added to the center column for more stuff.

Download from Space Dock: http://spacedock.info/mod/315

Alternate download (Dropbox): https://www.dropbox.com/s/j51wg1dzf79yq02/MK3_Pod_IVA_Replacement_by_Apex-0.2.zip?dl=0

The source files can be downloaded here. This is the Unity project containing the blender model and two Unity scenes: one to generate the .mu from the blender file and one to create the internal layout .cfg file. Hopefully, after resetting the Part Tools GameData directory to point to your KSP install, this will just work without needing to fiddle with anything.

This mod requires RasterPropMonitor and ASET Props in order to function.

"MK3 Pod'IVA Replacement by Apex" by robertlong13 is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

Edited by robertlong13
Upgraded to 0.2

I just realized I put this in "Add-on Development" instead of "Add-on Releases." Should I have the mods move it? Or should I repost there and edit my first post to redirect?

- - - Updated - - -

Does this have the 2 extra seats in the bottom like the stock IVA should for 6 total crew? Either way awesome adding this to my must have ASET IVA pack

I kept the 2 seats in the bottom from the stock IVA. I may eventually put some stuff there for them to look at. I know you can mod the capacity of the pod to 6 so Kerbals will actually sit there.

I just realized I put this in "Add-on Development" instead of "Add-on Releases." Should I have the mods move it? Or should I repost there and edit my first post to redirect?

- - - Updated - - -

I kept the 2 seats in the bottom from the stock IVA. I may eventually put some stuff there for them to look at. I know you can mod the capacity of the pod to 6 so Kerbals will actually sit there.

Awesome got to say pleasantly surprised by this. Didnt think you'd have that little detail. :D

Awesome got to say pleasantly surprised by this. Didnt think you'd have that little detail. :D

Come to think of it, I don't know if I have the seat transform working properly for those two, so I don't think they will work correctly if you try to put Kerbals in them. I'll fix it in the next update.

It would be very nice to have such an IVA fpr the Space Shuttle Pack http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/121748-Space-Shuttle-Pack-for-ksp-1-0-4-dev-thread.

I don't think he can make IVAs for parts for which he doesn't have the assets. Maybe ask the creator(s) to make one themselves

Edited by Svm420

Please, make it CKAN'ble.

I just submitted the pull request to NetKAN, so it should be up soon.

Does this have the 2 extra seats in the bottom like the stock IVA should for 6 total crew?

I tested and fixed this, so those 2 seats work now if you've modded your capacity to 6.

I don't think he can make IVAs for parts for which he doesn't have the assets. Maybe ask the creator(s) to make one themselves

I can, but IVA creation is a lot of work, especially if I need to modify the mesh for the model (when I don't have their assets). I put the time into making this because I wanted to use it. The creators of that mod will probably incorporate something like this someday though. Or, if you are impatient like I am, make it yourself :)

- - - Updated - - -

This is really amazing, I dont use the mk3 line of parts much aside from cargo planes but that may have to change soon. Easily one of the best detailed IVAs I have seen.

If you like this, check out alexustas' MK1-2 IVA.

http://youtu.be/OYzyXVhmRDU

I didn't make this but I thought you might want to see it. Just a friendly heads-up.

I'm aware of it, but thank you. Originally, my mod had a compatability issue with that one. The 2 extra kerbals ended up not sitting correctly in those seats. It's now fixed so that it works if you have that mod (or if you change the 4 to a 6 in the part's .cfg file).

I should probably add a link to that in my OP though.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.