[IVA][1.1] MK3 Pod IVA Replacement by Apex (WIP)

robertlong13

17 hours ago, Dusenator said:

You can actually get this mod through CKAN again, at least for the time being. 

Thanx :D ,  but i absolutely do NOT use CKAN....

Also, as far as I know, CKAN does not do any hosting itself... It scrapes data from various hosts... (though this may change soon, from I hear some members of the CKAN team are involved with the new SpaceDock...???)

I'm not asking for this to be hosted so i can get a copy myself.... I already have it...

I'm asking so this awesome mod doesnt disappear, and will be available for everyone... (especially those who DO NOT use CKAN... ;) )

Edited by Stone Blue

On 2/23/2016 at 9:00 AM, Stone Blue said:

Thanx :D ,  but i absolutely do NOT use CKAN....

Also, as far as I know, CKAN does not do any hosting itself... It scrapes data from various hosts... (though this may change soon, from I hear some members of the CKAN team are involved with the new SpaceDock...???)

I'm not asking for this to be hosted so i can get a copy myself.... I already have it...

I'm asking so this awesome mod doesnt disappear, and will be available for everyone... (especially those who DO NOT use CKAN... ;) )

You can actually go to the kerbalstuff website and get the torrent, if you use bittorrent you can choose what to download, so scroll through the list of files until you find robertlong13 and select his file and only his file. Then download and have fun! (this can be used for the ASET stuff too, c'mon guys, add a dropbox mirror, its a good habit.)

I just gotta say how much I love this mod! I use the MK3 module for so much, and this mod completed my experience

I noticed one bug or conflict when I'm in orbit. The instrument panel seems to be a lot darker, practically black where it usually should be grey and brighter.

All the buttons and displays seems to be unaffected, but all the frames, bezels and cockpit material seems to be pitch black. Is this normal, or is there anything I could do to increase the lighting of the IVA when im in orbit?

I've used this mod for a while now and I've noticed a couple things that are either bugs, missing features, or some kind of conflict I'm having...

1.  "Pod Cams" do not work.  These assets only seem to ever support "Pod Cams" using the old ALCOR pod which I don't think ever got updated for 1.0.5(?)  Any way to assign external cams to these views?  (JSI cameras work fine for 'other cams' as 'External Camera N')
1a.  This means that the landing mode view also has no camera overlay.
2.  The main MFD is missing the ability to host an attitude indicator
3.  I don't seem to be able to switch to the NavUtilities view instead of the normal attitude indicator - in the stock Mk2 IVA, for example, clicking the ATT mode toggles between the normal ball, green/black attitude, and the NavUtilities HSI, which would be great to have here as well.

7 hours ago, ss8913 said:

I've used this mod for a while now and I've noticed a couple things that are either bugs, missing features, or some kind of conflict I'm having...

1.  "Pod Cams" do not work.  These assets only seem to ever support "Pod Cams" using the old ALCOR pod which I don't think ever got updated for 1.0.5(?)  Any way to assign external cams to these views?  (JSI cameras work fine for 'other cams' as 'External Camera N')
1a.  This means that the landing mode view also has no camera overlay.
2.  The main MFD is missing the ability to host an attitude indicator
3.  I don't seem to be able to switch to the NavUtilities view instead of the normal attitude indicator - in the stock Mk2 IVA, for example, clicking the ATT mode toggles between the normal ball, green/black attitude, and the NavUtilities HSI, which would be great to have here as well.

Yeah, I need to do some customization of the MFD pages. I didn't actually know about the NavUtilities mod; that thing is cool! I just sorta slapped the props in there. It'll probably be weeks before I can dig into this (between my dissertation and wanting to actually play KSP sometimes). I'll see what I can do about the "Pod Cams", but 2 and 3 should certainly be doable.

On 2/29/2016 at 10:38 AM, robertlong13 said:

Yeah, I need to do some customization of the MFD pages. I didn't actually know about the NavUtilities mod; that thing is cool! I just sorta slapped the props in there. It'll probably be weeks before I can dig into this (between my dissertation and wanting to actually play KSP sometimes). I'll see what I can do about the "Pod Cams", but 2 and 3 should certainly be doable.

You should be able to get some help from the standard config that RPM has for the stock Mk2 cockpit - it allows the use of NavUtilities as an option for the attitude indicator.  If you install NavUtilities and have RPM, just toggle through it, you'll see what I mean.

One other thing I thought of which might be significantly harder... the 'liquidfuel' and 'oxidizer' indicators - it would be awesome if we could customize the resources displayed there.  For example since I unlocked all of the community tech tree, and since I use KSP Interstellar Extended, my spaceplanes use neither liquidfuel nor oxidizer - they use antimatter and hydrazine.  Would be very cool if I could display those resources instead.  But, that might be somewhat onerous to implement.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I LOVE this mod! It's so underrated and an absolute necessity now after squad reworked the IVA height of the cockpit, making Rasterprop pretty much useless without it.

I'm having problems getting this to work with 1.1 though :( AlI the panels seems to be missing, even though I have Rasterprop installed and regular IVA (without the mod) works just fine. I would love to see this mod being reworked to work with 1.1 though  

http://imgur.com/dwBCuB7

(don't mind the tsunami consuming the KSC. Unrelated bug)

On 4/20/2016 at 11:57 AM, Valkyria90 said:

I'm having problems getting this to work with 1.1 though :( AlI the panels seems to be missing, even though I have Rasterprop installed and regular IVA (without the mod) works just fine. I would love to see this mod being reworked to work with 1.1 though 

It's working fine on my end.

1. Make sure you have the 1.1 versions of RPM and Module Manager.
  2. Copy over the ASET directory and Apex directory from your old install.

It looks to me like the ASET props are missing from your install.

I got it working after installing Aset Props! :) It must have dissappeared in the great mod redownloading of 1.1 since alexustas still havent upgraded Aset since 1.0.4 :(

I'm not sure if its Aset props causing this, or your MK3 overlay, but I can't read proper values of my Orbital/surface velocity as we as a few other values. http://imgur.com/RMePcXS

Also, I just remembered that when I was using this on my shuttle in 1.0.5, I kept getting "Ground proximity" alert all the time, even when I'm in orbit. Is this also an issue with Aset or could it be related to something else?

On 4/23/2016 at 1:25 PM, Valkyria90 said:

I'm not sure if its Aset props causing this, or your MK3 overlay, but I can't read proper values of my Orbital/surface velocity as we as a few other values. http://imgur.com/RMePcXS

Also, I just remembered that when I was using this on my shuttle in 1.0.5, I kept getting "Ground proximity" alert all the time, even when I'm in orbit. Is this also an issue with Aset or could it be related to something else?

This is an RPM bug. Wait for the next RPM release, or apply hotfix 28297 posted in the comments here: https://github.com/Mihara/RasterPropMonitor/issues/506

I'm not sure what's causing the ground proximity issue. I'll look into it.

8 hours ago, plague006 said:

Version 0.2a of your mod on SpaceDock doesn't contain the Apex folder, only the files from ASET.

Crap!! Brain fart. Fixing Fixed now. Thanks for the heads-up.

I wish I caught that before more than 70 people downloaded it. Took me 3 tries to get that thing updated correctly.

Edited by robertlong13

Great mod, a little constructive criticism from me: (I love the mod, don't get me wrong :D)

1. The "desk" the screens and buttons are placed on looks too flat to me, maybe add a few more buttons (from the avionics pack maybe) to fill the blank spots and it would looks better imo. Try elevating the middle are a little, it would make it more plastic (imo ofc) . 

2. Like @theonegale already suggested you could add that docking window IVA, but that would be a cherry ontop of the cake for me.

3. You could also add another display in the middle console to make it look a little better since the empty space there kinda looks "boring".

Apart from that: lovely mod, I'm a huge fan of people who create IVAs so I'm looking forward to future versions.

1 hour ago, Ghosty141 said:

Great mod, a little constructive criticism from me: ...

As I've mentioned, this mod is a work-in-progress, and the feedback is quite welcome.

1. I'm probably going to fill in some dead space soon as well as remove some things that aren't quite relevant to spaceplanes (the GPWS is designed for vertical landings, so it's unnecessary, and the realchute buttons aren't needed). I'm not sure what you mean by "elevating the middle", but making changes to the shape of model is huge pain.
  2. Docking window IVA is the top of my to-do list. That will be the major feature of my next release (soon™).
  3. Agreed. That blank space is boring, but I don't want to put anything useful there because it's so far out of sight. I'm probably gonna fill it with non-functional "decoration" switches or something. I quickly get bored placing non-functional props, but they do really bring a pod together, and I'll need to do it eventually (unless anyone wants to place some for me :P).

In addition to the IVA, a HUD is probably the next major feature I'm adding. This will actually require me to make my own prop as none of the built-in HUDs quite look right in there.

1. Elevating the middle: https://i.imgur.com/0eimYGg.png (pls forgive my excrementsty paint skillZ)

2. I think a big display would actually be useful in the middle since you could display the flight log there which I really find useful when you hear explosions and you don't want to check it out in 3rd person view (I'm one of those IVA only freaks). Only do that if it's no big deal, it's a personal thing though so do what you think is best.

Oh and btw I'd love to help IVA wise but I have no idea how to do anything in Unity/Blender, I only know photoshop.

Ah, I see what you're saying. I'll take a stab at those for the next major release. For now, the screens up above the windows should work well for hosting flight logs and vessel viewer (though they are a tad small). I also like doing all-IVA missions, which is why I'm glad I added the Nav Utilities page for landing my shuttles.

I literally didn't know anything about Unity/Blender before making this mod. I just couldn't wait for a Mk3 IVA and decided I'd learn. If you're interested in learning and contributing, send me a PM. I'd be happy to guide you. It would make these changes happen much faster.

Edited by robertlong13
Removed quote. There's no reason to quote the message immediately above the reply

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. In the hope of helping you improve the mod, here a few errors shown in the log file when loading certain DDS texture:

Spoiler

[LOG 00:42:04.928] Load(Texture): Apex/MK3_InternalsApex/Props/MFDs/Mk3MFD40x20/bg01
[WRN 00:42:04.929] Texture load error in 'G:\Kerbal Space Program 1.1.2\GameData\Apex\MK3_InternalsApex\Props\MFDs\Mk3MFD40x20\bg01.dds'
[LOG 00:42:04.931] Load(Texture): Apex/MK3_InternalsApex/Props/MFDs/Mk3MFD40x20/bg01
[LOG 00:42:04.933] Load(Texture): Apex/MK3_InternalsApex/Props/MFDs/Mk3MFD40x20/bg02
[WRN 00:42:04.933] Texture load error in 'G:\Kerbal Space Program 1.1.2\GameData\Apex\MK3_InternalsApex\Props\MFDs\Mk3MFD40x20\bg02.dds'
[LOG 00:42:04.936] Load(Texture): Apex/MK3_InternalsApex/Props/MFDs/Mk3MFD40x20/bg02
[LOG 00:42:04.938] Load(Texture): Apex/MK3_InternalsApex/Props/MFDs/Mk3MFD40x20/CamMask
[LOG 00:42:04.940] Load(Texture): Apex/MK3_InternalsApex/Props/MFDs/Mk3MFD40x20/cross
[LOG 00:42:04.944] Load(Texture): Apex/MK3_InternalsApex/Props/MFDs/Mk3MFD40x20/MFD40x15v2-Diffuse
[LOG 00:42:04.947] Load(Texture): Apex/MK3_InternalsApex/Props/MFDs/Mk3MFD40x20/MFD40x15v2-Emissive
[LOG 00:42:04.949] Load(Texture): Apex/MK3_InternalsApex/Props/MFDs/Mk3MFD40x20/PFDv2Interlay
[LOG 00:42:04.952] Load(Texture): Apex/MK3_InternalsApex/Props/MFDs/Mk3MFD40x20/screen-emissive
[WRN 00:42:04.952] Texture load error in 'G:\Kerbal Space Program 1.1.2\GameData\Apex\MK3_InternalsApex\Props\MFDs\Mk3MFD40x20\screen-emissive.dds'
[LOG 00:42:04.954] Load(Texture): Apex/MK3_InternalsApex/Props/MFDs/Mk3MFD40x20/screen-emissive
[LOG 00:42:04.956] Load(Texture): Apex/MK3_InternalsApex/Props/MFDs/Mk3MFD40x20/screen
[WRN 00:42:04.956] Texture load error in 'G:\Kerbal Space Program 1.1.2\GameData\Apex\MK3_InternalsApex\Props\MFDs\Mk3MFD40x20\screen.dds'
[LOG 00:42:04.959] Load(Texture): Apex/MK3_InternalsApex/Props/MFDs/Mk3MFD40x20/screen
[LOG 00:42:04.961] Load(Texture): Apex/MK3_InternalsApex/Props/MFDs/Mk3MFD60x30/BG62x30
[WRN 00:42:04.961] Texture load error in 'G:\Kerbal Space Program 1.1.2\GameData\Apex\MK3_InternalsApex\Props\MFDs\Mk3MFD60x30\BG62x30.dds'
[LOG 00:42:04.964] Load(Texture): Apex/MK3_InternalsApex/Props/MFDs/Mk3MFD60x30/BG62x30
[LOG 00:42:04.967] Load(Texture): Apex/MK3_InternalsApex/Props/MFDs/Mk3MFD60x30/MapMask
[WRN 00:42:04.967] Texture load error in 'G:\Kerbal Space Program 1.1.2\GameData\Apex\MK3_InternalsApex\Props\MFDs\Mk3MFD60x30\MapMask.dds'
[LOG 00:42:04.969] Load(Texture): Apex/MK3_InternalsApex/Props/MFDs/Mk3MFD60x30/MapMask
[LOG 00:42:04.972] Load(Texture): Apex/MK3_InternalsApex/Props/MFDs/Mk3MFD60x30/MFD60x30Diffuse
[LOG 00:42:04.974] Load(Texture): Apex/MK3_InternalsApex/Props/MFDs/Mk3MFD60x30/MFD60x30Emissive
[LOG 00:42:04.976] Load(Texture): Apex/MK3_InternalsApex/Props/MFDs/Mk3MFD60x30/screen-emissive
[WRN 00:42:04.977] Texture load error in 'G:\Kerbal Space Program 1.1.2\GameData\Apex\MK3_InternalsApex\Props\MFDs\Mk3MFD60x30\screen-emissive.dds'
[LOG 00:42:04.979] Load(Texture): Apex/MK3_InternalsApex/Props/MFDs/Mk3MFD60x30/screen-emissive
[LOG 00:42:04.981] Load(Texture): Apex/MK3_InternalsApex/Props/MFDs/Mk3MFD60x30/screen
[WRN 00:42:04.981] Texture load error in 'G:\Kerbal Space Program 1.1.2\GameData\Apex\MK3_InternalsApex\Props\MFDs\Mk3MFD60x30\screen.dds'

Upon further inspection, all DDS that do not load correctly are also not shown correctly in Windows 10...

I've been trying to get this to work for a couple days now and just can't seem to get it. Every time I load up a Mk3 cockpit, a message comes up saying "initialization error, check configurations" from Raster Prop Monitor. Any tips to get it working

4 hours ago, Spencerhaha said:

I've been trying to get this to work for a couple days now and just can't seem to get it. Every time I load up a Mk3 cockpit, a message comes up saying "initialization error, check configurations" from Raster Prop Monitor. Any tips to get it working

Re-install RPM. Cleanly. As in, delete JSI from Gamedata and reinstall the latest release. 

Anywhoo, heres a nice picture:

JzBKFAC.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.