[IVA][1.1] MK3 Pod IVA Replacement by Apex (WIP)

robertlong13

21 minutes ago, G'th said:

Seems your ASET Props was installed incorrectly some how. The folder structure for that should go ASET  > ASET_Props.  That could potentially cause issues.

Thank you so much. I got it to work now.

One suggestion I'd have for this mod - give me a configuration window to set the speed units (or follow the FAR settings if FAR is installed - this feature might *only* work with FAR installed actually)... and also to set what resources the fuel gauges display.  People running lots of mods such as KSPIE and RealFuels are likely not using "liquidfuel" "oxidizer" and "monopropellant".  Sure, this can all be fixed by doing a lot of hand-edits of the config files, but an in-game configuration tool would make the IVAs a lot more useful to people running mods like this.

5 hours ago, ss8913 said:

One suggestion I'd have for this mod - give me a configuration window to set the speed units (or follow the FAR settings if FAR is installed - this feature might *only* work with FAR installed actually)... and also to set what resources the fuel gauges display.  People running lots of mods such as KSPIE and RealFuels are likely not using "liquidfuel" "oxidizer" and "monopropellant".  Sure, this can all be fixed by doing a lot of hand-edits of the config files, but an in-game configuration tool would make the IVAs a lot more useful to people running mods like this.

Can you elaborate a little? Do you mean the fuelmonitor in the middle? 

6 hours ago, Ghosty141 said:

Can you elaborate a little? Do you mean the fuelmonitor in the middle? 

Yeah, the thing in the cockpit that shows liquidfuel/oxidizer/monopropellant.  Anyone using KSPIE or RealFuels will show those as zero, all the time, and it'd be awesome if there was a way in-game to change what resources each one reported.  I'd personally like Hydrazine, Antimatter, and WasteHeat, for example.

4 hours ago, ss8913 said:

Yeah, the thing in the cockpit that shows liquidfuel/oxidizer/monopropellant.  Anyone using KSPIE or RealFuels will show those as zero, all the time, and it'd be awesome if there was a way in-game to change what resources each one reported.  I'd personally like Hydrazine, Antimatter, and WasteHeat, for example.

You'd have to contact @alexustas or maybe @MOARdV  since this would require changing quite alot about the screen.

30 minutes ago, Ghosty141 said:

You'd have to contact @alexustas or maybe @MOARdV  since this would require changing quite alot about the screen.

It's possible to make those values configurable with a selector switch prop (or more than one) and a judicious use of SELECT_ variables, but you'll have to pick a set of resources that you want to support, and to add more would require changing the config file again.  I can provide some pointers on how to do it, but I won't be doing it myself (I don't use the alt fuels mods, and I don't have the spare time to work on supporting something that I don't use regularly).

On 28/2/2016 at 7:38 PM, robertlong13 said:

Yeah, I need to do some customization of the MFD pages. I didn't actually know about the NavUtilities mod; that thing is cool! I just sorta slapped the props in there. It'll probably be weeks before I can dig into this (between my dissertation and wanting to actually play KSP sometimes). I'll see what I can do about the "Pod Cams", but 2 and 3 should certainly be doable.

NavUtilities has its own cfg for RPM. The thing is that Alexustas' ASET PROPS use its own MDF40x20.cfg. You can fix it just making a new .cfg inside\GameData\KerbalScienceFoundation\NavInstruments\MFD for it. Like this one

Spoiler

@PROP[ALCORMFD40x20]:Final
{
      @MODULE[RasterPropMonitor]
      {
        PAGE
        {
            button = button_A
            name = KSF_NAV_HSI
            disableSwitchingTo = btn1, btn2, btn3, btn4, btn5, btn6, btn7, btn8, btn9, btn10, up, down, enter, escape, home

BACKGROUNDHANDLER
            {
                name = KSF_MLS
                method = DrawMLS
                buttonClickMethod = ButtonProcessor

btnPrevRwy = 6
                btnNextRwy = 5
                btnDefaultRwyGS = 3
            }

CONTEXTREDIRECT
            {
                redirect = home,   menuDefault
            }
        }

PAGE
        {
            button = button_A
            name = KSF_NAV_AI
            disableSwitchingTo = btn1, btn2, btn3, btn4, btn5, btn6, btn7, btn8, btn9, btn10, up, down, enter, escape, home

BACKGROUNDHANDLER
            {
                name = KSF_AI
                method = DrawAI
                //buttonClickMethod = ButtonProcessor

//btnPrevRwy = 6
                //btnNextRwy = 5
                ///btnDefaultRwyGS = 3
            }

CONTEXTREDIRECT
            {
                redirect = home,   menuDefault
            }
        }
      }
}

15 hours ago, Guderina said:

NavUtilities has its own cfg for RPM. The thing is that Alexustas' ASET PROPS use its own MDF40x20.cfg. You can fix it just making a new .cfg inside\GameData\KerbalScienceFoundation\NavInstruments\MFD for it. Like this one.

The latest version is compatible with NavUtilities.

It's actually not possible for me to add a cfg to somebody else's mod folder (well, it's possible, but I can't distribute it). I simply made my own version of MFD40x20 and added a page that loads up if NavUtils is installed.

2 hours ago, robertlong13 said:

The latest version is compatible with NavUtilities.

It's actually not possible for me to add a cfg to somebody else's mod folder (well, it's possible, but I can't distribute it). I simply made my own version of MFD40x20 and added a page that loads up if NavUtils is installed.

Of course you cannot modify nor distribute others mod, and sorry if my words let you to think that I mean otherwise. Maybe I don't express myself properly (sorry, English is not my native language). What I meant was to pinpoint the issue and provide some quick fix for those in need of it, till a more proper solution is found. Anyway, I'm glad you manage to make it compatible. 

Edited by Guderina

• 3 weeks later...

Re: an earlier suggestion to add docking controls at one of the seats on the aft upper deck, I'd like to see that aft-deck divided betwixt a set of docking flight-controls on one side, and controls with screens for this on the other side. The creator of that mod has built a shuttle IVA already so perhaps you can correspond with them to implement some of the features from theirs into your IVA

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know if TC is still around or not, but I'd also like to request the addition of an HUD to either the RPM MFDs or as an actual HUD in the windows. One thing this is really missing is that basic "airplane mode" HUD to switch to from the NAVBall after reentry.

I also second the request for docking controls in the back with the two windows. (as well as the re-addition of the ability to be able to change your view to those windows, as is present in stock).

• 1 month later...

Hey there, I love how this cockpit has turned out, however with running version 1.1.3, I am having an issue with the mod and despite fiddling with it, I cannot figure out how to fix it. With the attitude display, everything shows up except for the actual digital navball. Everything else shows up, including the crosshairs, direction and target markers, but the actual ball is completely black. I know this works with other cockpits because the replacements for the other cockpits supplied with the B9 stuff functions without issue. If it weren't for this bug, it would think this was the best variant of the Mk3 cockpit.

Edit: I also have another function that I would like to see added to this. There is currently no way to clear the flameout status that I know of. Having something that would release the warning would be good, especially in cases where a flameout can be expected.

Edited by elanachan
See Edit:

• 3 months later...
On 8/10/2016 at 3:34 PM, elanachan said:

Hey there, I love how this cockpit has turned out, however with running version 1.1.3, I am having an issue with the mod and despite fiddling with it, I cannot figure out how to fix it. With the attitude display, everything shows up except for the actual digital navball. Everything else shows up, including the crosshairs, direction and target markers, but the actual ball is completely black. I know this works with other cockpits because the replacements for the other cockpits supplied with the B9 stuff functions without issue. If it weren't for this bug, it would think this was the best variant of the Mk3 cockpit.

Edit: I also have another function that I would like to see added to this. There is currently no way to clear the flameout status that I know of. Having something that would release the warning would be good, especially in cases where a flameout can be expected.

The navball issue can be fixed by copying the navball prop code directly from ASET and pasting it into the broken lines of code in the pod's file. It's pretty easy, I did it to fix the old ALCOR pod I'm using before the new one comes out for 1.2.1. You posted this in august though so I highly doubt you care anymore but in case anyone does just message back for more detail on how to fix.

42 minutes ago, Zapo147 said:

The navball issue can be fixed by copying the navball prop code directly from ASET and pasting it into the broken lines of code in the pod's file. It's pretty easy, I did it to fix the old ALCOR pod I'm using before the new one comes out for 1.2.1. You posted this in august though so I highly doubt you care anymore but in case anyone does just message back for more detail on how to fix.

Do you know if this can be fixed? Its saying "#ffffoo" everywhere.

Mk3IVA_zpsmppuxj3l.png

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
14 hours ago, ss8913 said:

Forum is complaining about the age of this thread; is there a new one somewhere or is this mod abandoned?

Yeah, I basically abandoned the game (and this mod) during the final stretch of my PhD. Fortunately, I just defended last month, so I'll be picking the game up again soon.

Has nobody made a better IVA for this pod yet? It's been a while. If not, I'll see what I can do about updating and improving this.

On 9/23/2017 at 12:16 PM, robertlong13 said:

Yeah, I basically abandoned the game (and this mod) during the final stretch of my PhD. Fortunately, I just defended last month, so I'll be picking the game up again soon.

Has nobody made a better IVA for this pod yet? It's been a while. If not, I'll see what I can do about updating and improving this.

There's a really gorgeous interior for this pod available here: 

However, that IVA is mostly analog readouts. My personal preference is for heavily digitized cockpits, so more from you would be very welcome.  :-)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.