[1.0.4][WIP][Plugin] MapViewPlus v0.1.1

rmpalomino

Hello everyone, I'd like to present a work-in-progress plugin that adds a little to the Map View.

Please let me know if you find it useful or if you have any features to suggest.

Map View Plus

CKAN-Indexed-brightgreen.svg

Available on KerbalStuff: [removed link to defunct website]

Source available on Github: https://github.com/rmpalomino/mapviewplus

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Features:

• Adds a window allowing you to change focus to any maneuver nodes / celestial bodies / return to the current ship without having to cycle with Tab or Left-Shift + Tab.
  • Does not lock default cycling (or return to ship with Backspace) so you can still Tab or Left + Shift-Tab if you prefer
  • Opens the Navball by default when entering Map View

Installation

1. Unzip the archive.
  2. Copy the MapViewPlus folder in MapViewPlus[X.X]/GameData/ to your [KSP Directory]/GameData/ folder.
  3. Test it out and give me some feedback.

v0.1.1

• Fixed ApplicationLauncher icon
  • Fixed non-interactive navball in Mapview

License : ISC

Copyright © 2015, Richard Palomino <[email protected]>

Permission to use, copy, modify, and/or distribute this software for any

purpose with or without fee is hereby granted, provided that the above

copyright notice and this permission notice appear in all copies.

THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND THE AUTHOR DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES

WITH REGARD TO THIS SOFTWARE INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF

MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHOR BE LIABLE FOR

ANY SPECIAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES

WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS, WHETHER IN AN

ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER TORTIOUS ACTION, ARISING OUT OF

OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THIS SOFTWARE.

Downloaded, This is probably the first time I've downloaded a mod that doesn't have any pictures (No pics, No clicks rule).

Thanks for the reminder and the leap of faith! I put up two quick images. Still trying to figure out how to post an album.

Can't help with the album, but I must say this is something I didn't know I needed, and I may just add this to my install sometime soon. Actually, I had no idea that Tab/Shift-Tab even did anything in the map view.

You might look into adding a config file so one might toggle on/off any of the features you add. For instance, a user might want everything except the navball defaulting to visible.

I am having an issue with your plugin. Whenever I go into the map view the nav-ball is visible but I can't throttle or move my ship. I also cannot move or use the throttle when I hide the nav ball. Also your icon on the toolbar becomes white when you use half-res.

Edited by Zombie_Striker

Adds a window allowing you to change focus to any maneuver nodes / celestial bodies / return to the current ship without having cycle with Tab or Shift-Tab.
Did you realise that you can return to the current ship in Map View by pressing "Backspace"?

Thanks for the reminder and the leap of faith! I put up two quick images. Still trying to figure out how to post an album.

Nice little mod! You can add an album by using the IMG tags and you would put the last bit of the link created by Imgur when you select the Embed option for the album. The embed code looks like this and what you need to put between the IMG tags is in red bold italics:

\\<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/ZKRGt"><a href="//imgur.com/a/ZKRGt">View post on imgur.com</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>\\

This mod doesn't work for me. I get a little white square on the toolbar instead of a graphic, and when I open the window the window is blank (has a title - 'Select Focus'). However, I can't move the window and it acts as a shadow mask on other mods' windows that happen to overlap - ie, all other windows disappear when I click on them (MJ, KER, etc) unless they overlap the select focus window.

Mods: MJ, KER, Distant Object, QuickSearch, iPeer clamps be gone, KAC. Running 1.0.4

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for this mod, I've got a problem with it.

There are apparently conflicts with how Nodes are deleted.

Sometimes MapView won't see that a Node doesn't exists anymore, and it causes a tons of bad side effects in game.

I've had this randomly during normal normal flights.

I also found a way to make this bug happen 100% of the time by using Mechjeb "Execute next node" functionality.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
This is an awesome idea!!

One suggestion is to add either a search function, or add filter categories similar to what we have in the tracking station. Have tabs that allow you to show the names of only celestials, or stations or pods or probes etc.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.