My KSP constantly freezes

My KSP keeps freezing constantly. Always after about 20 minutes of gameplay. It always freezes on the loading screen on vessel recovery, or reverting to launch, or assembly. The only mods I am using are the latest versions of MechJeb2, KW Rocketry, and Kerbal Engineer Redux. I have KSP on Steam, and saw a lot of posts saying that a x64 version would help. However, I am a mac user, and I do not see anything like KSP_x64.exe or KSP_x64.app Also I saw something related to freezing, where you enter -force-gfx-xt into the shortcut options in properties (don't know the name, because I am not a Windows user). It is not a problem related to minimum requirements, because even at lowest graphics, it freezes. It also keeps freezing when I remove mods. I tried Verifying Integrity of Steam Cache, but that only delayed the freeze. At the moment it froze when I went to the Space Center, the KSP.log said this:

[LOG 18:22:25.421] Flight State Captured

[LOG 18:22:25.421] Saving Achievements Tree...

[LOG 18:22:25.421] Saving Achievements Tree...

[LOG 18:22:25.422] Saving Achievements Tree...

[LOG 18:22:25.422] Saving Achievements Tree...

[LOG 18:22:25.465] Game State Saved to saves/John/persistent

[LOG 18:22:25.481] [Orbit Targeter]: Target is null

[WRN 18:22:25.481] [HighLogic]: =========================== Scene Change : From FLIGHT to SPACECENTER (Async) =====================

[EXC 18:22:25.865] OutOfMemoryException: Out of memory

LibNoise.Unity.Generator.VoronoiCached.ConstructCubeArray ()

LibNoise.Unity.Generator.VoronoiCached..ctor (Double frequency, Double displacement, Int32 seed, Boolean distance)

PQSMod_VoronoiCraters.OnSetup ()

PQS.Mod_OnSetup ()

PQS.SetupMods ()

PQS.StartSphere (Boolean force)

PQS+.MoveNext ()

Hardware and Software Specs:

OS X 10.9.5 (Mavericks)

MacBook Pro 13-inch Mid 2012

2.5 GHz Intel Core i5 - CPU

8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 - RAM

Yup, you're out of memory - not actual physical RAM mind you, just that which a 32bit app can address. There's no 64bit Mac client as yet. :(

Try dropping the texture quality, and/or ActiveTextureManagement - I'm not sure what format KWs textures are, but it may help.

There appear to be serious memory-management issues with Unity on MacOS at the moment, but I'm not sure there's anything we can do about them. Someone more Mac-expert-ish may have further ideas though.

Edited by steve_v

Seems like you're running out of memory:

[COLOR=#3E3E3E][EXC 18:22:25.865] OutOfMemoryException: Out of memory[/COLOR]

Memory leaks are a frequent cause of crash in KSP. Aside from the few solutions you already saw, I don't know others for Mac as it is not frequently used compared to Windows.

Still, there are probably other users who will provide real solutions, so just wait a bit, and good luck !

Ok, then the plausible solution is to get a Windows or Linux partition.

There, fixed :P

Actually, Linux has the only stable/supported 64bit player at the moment, though the demand is strong for this on Windows so we may well see it with 1.1.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.