what is your favorite size parts to work with?

Garbonzo

what's your favorite rocket part size?  

128 members have voted

1. 1. what's your favorite rocket part size?

Smaller is better but there isn't much scope below 2.5m. Bigger than that is ok for heavy launches but not needed in space.

Mk2 is just soooo boring - it's like thinking you're a cool, different, rebel because you got the same tattoo as everyone else.

Mk3 only exists to look like the shuttle, doesn't it? If it didn't exist, there'd be no need to invent it.

2.5m for me.

0.625m is good for probes, and that's it; 1.25m is too small for launchers; 3.75m lacks parts (SAS, engines...); modded 5m lacks low power engines for upper stages; and I don't use planes or spaceplanes so I don't really care about Mk2 and Mk3.

I almost exclusively use 1.25 meter parts. That was the only size when I started playing, and I'm still wary about that newfangled mainsail engine. I don't care what you have to say about part counts, efficiency, or realism: an asparagused 1.25 meter rocket just feels more Kerbal.

1.25m is my favorite for spaceplanes. I just can't stand the MK2's tendency to tumble uncontrollably and fly apart when pitching up, and I haven't been able to work out how to build a stable MK3 SSTO yet.

2.5m is my favorite for rockets cause it's the size of the IRSU, Lab, Cupola, and Hitchhikers, so it looks cool when the base of the "rocket" is all the same size. Plus the boars exhaust thrust has a cool color. My only gripe is that none of the 2.5m fuel tanks match the Boars engine paint scheme.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.