[1.2] Karibou Expedition Rover [0.3.0]

RoverDude

The Kerbal Stuff page claims this has been listed on CKAN, but I'm not seeing it. Am I blind?

That little ckan badge you see on the kerbal stuff page simple means that roverdude selected the option when uploading to have CKAN track the mod, It does take a while to get listed. (or someone with CKAN, may have to manual setup a netkan file) All in all i would post in the CKAN thread if you want to make sure it gets listed.

Im pretty sure RD has said in the past that he doesn't actively support the listing of mods, instead just lets the ckan folks take care of it if they wish. (feel free to correct me if i misheard or read Rover :D)

I was mainly asking in case it is there, but for some reason not showing up as being made by RoverDude and with the correct name. It's been a few days since this was released, so I figured the CKAN bots should've spotted it by now, but apparently not. It's not a huge deal since I can just as well keep it up to date manually, but with 170+ mods on my current install updating them can never be made too easy.

I guess I'll take a look at those netkan files tomorrow, from what I've understood it shouldn't take me more than five minutes to just go and add it myself. I'd do it now, but I've been procrastinating on my physics exercises too long as it is :P

EDIT: Looks like there's already a pull request.

Edited by Yski

Is it just me, or are these rovers very flip-happy? I built one with the rover pod, and with the crew section aft, and a couple of wheels, and it won't stay upright while driving. Plus the front end is much heavier, so it tends to nose-dive into the ground. Am I doing something wrong, or is the suspension still in an early state?

Is it just me, or are these rovers very flip-happy? I built one with the rover pod, and with the crew section aft, and a couple of wheels, and it won't stay upright while driving. Plus the front end is much heavier, so it tends to nose-dive into the ground. Am I doing something wrong, or is the suspension still in an early state?

I don't find them any more flip happy than stock wheels when driving at a reasonable speed. Easiest fix is to widen the stance if you aren't worried about shoving it into a fairing or cargo bay.

~M~

Oh yeah... started on the IVA. Will likely stream some of it tonight.

http://i.imgur.com/nSA4hfd.png

Can you post a link to the stream then? And what exactly do you mean with "tonight"? Can you say a rough time? I would really like to watch your stream, and I haven't got school tomorrow, so I'd have enough time this night. :P

Anyway, looks really great!

I take it that it requires RPM?

Correct.

Can you post a link to the stream then? And what exactly do you mean with "tonight"? Can you say a rough time? I would really like to watch your stream, and I haven't got school tomorrow, so I'd have enough time this night. :P

Anyway, looks really great!

Very likely sometime (roughly) around 8pm EST... though I would call it a 50% chance based on whether some alternate plans fall through or not that I just got wind of. Best thing to do is just follow me on twitch :)

Don't suppose you'd consider making a smaller, 2 seat rover cab? Maybe mk2 formfactor?

Also, will the stock-alike opaque glass continue to be supported?

Absolutely considering a rover in-between the Karibou and the PackRat. And the opaque glass is your fallback if RPM is not installed.

Yet again competing with alextusas and his ASET mods?

KONQUEST vs. MKS

PackRat vs. PRC

and now... ERS vs. Karibou

You guys are like modding rivals or something...

- - - Updated - - -

I have to say though, this looks really nice. I like it much better.

Honestly I don't know that there is much competition (that sounded bad, I mean in most cases I think they complement more than compete). Now when it comes to IVA, especially the Alcor module, Alex wins hands down. The ERS and Karibou I don't see as competing. I like them both for different reasons.

As far as Konquest and PRC, they are so badly in need of updates I wouldn't consider them even close to "release" yet. I personally love the PRC and look forward to it getting an update.

Yet again competing with alextusas and his ASET mods?

KONQUEST vs. MKS

PackRat vs. PRC

and now... ERS vs. Karibou

You guys are like modding rivals or something...

- - - Updated - - -

I have to say though, this looks really nice. I like it much better.

heh, not even a consideration. I build the stuff I need, just happens that people seem to like the same stuff (and with about a dozen major mods, I have some overlap with almost all of the larger modders out there, other than engines and such, as I generally don't do engine/tank packs).

Actually, a few of the parts from Karibou might even be competition with Konquest, especially considering Konquest doesn't even have any WIP releases. Potentially one could call Karibou a hybrid mobile/stationary base of a sort with the landing legs and all.